PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use LS1 with Wayne Due...HELP!

johnm
08-28-2005, 05:16 PM
I know I put this in the General Forum....sorry, this probably goes in a few. Has anyone used an LS1 motor in a Wayne Due Front Subframe. I just mocked my motor up, the stock oil pan is rubbing very close to the crossmember on the passenger side. What headers did you use. I have some headers that fit a late model camaro, but they don't fit this. Wayne told me that he puts the motor mounts offset to the passenger side, like the factory subframes, that probably explains why the oilpan has limited clearance on that side, did you modify the oilpan to give more clearance, use a different pan, I think the truck pans are supposed to be notched in that area. Could use a little guidance in these areas from someone with some experience, rather than just trying out a bunch of headers and oil pans until I find one that fits. Thanks in advance.

derekf
08-28-2005, 06:41 PM
Pretty sure that on stock first gens the stock LS1 oil pan needs to be notched to clear the center link/crossmember.

S&P does the modification to the stock pans; I'd think that those changes would work for ones on a WD frame as well.

Which motor mounts (LS1 to normal) are you using? You could always go with some that lift the engine a little higher or move it further back?