PDA

View Full Version : WTB/WTT: My s/c C6 607whp for your 1st gen Camaro/Chevelle Pro Touring 30-40K

06goatm6
08-15-2013, 11:02 AM
Looking to pickup a 1st Gen Camaro or Firebird Pro touring, or a 69-72 Chevelle Pro touring. Ideally a car with a LSx motor, 5 or 6 speed manual, upgraded suspension and control arms, Autometer Gauges, A/C, Coupe. I wouldnt be thrown off by a carbureted motor, and if it had an auto I could swap it easy enough. Can be finished or mostly finished. I am plenty capable and don't mind doing some work, but I don't want a huge project to undertake for 2 years either.

Looking for either a straight trade (I've got my car up for $40k), or cash on your end + car depending on its value/ how nice it is/ and how close it is to the ideal car I'm looking for/ how finished it is etc... we can talk and find a middle ground I'm sure!

Looking to trade my Supercharged C6: 607 whp 532 tq with forged bottom end, upgraded RPM trans and diff, twin disc clutch, upgraded fuel system with big lines, Z06 suspension.... here is the add on the Corvette forum F/S $40k '06 white coupe, ECS, Forged, Dewitts, RPM trans/diff, Z06 susp, 607hp/532tq - Corvette Forum (http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-corvettes-for-sale/3318088-f-s-40k-06-white-coupe-ecs-forged-dewitts-rpm-trans-diff-z06-susp-607hp-532tq.html) (sorry no pics can be uploaded to photobucket at work) but there are some on the craiglist add F/S'06 Corvette ECS Forged Dewitts RPM trans/diff Z06 susp 607hp/532tq (http://elmira.craigslist.org/cto/3983450672.html), or I have nearly 100 pictures of it on my laptop I can email them to you. I have a couple on my phone that I can text as well. Clean title in my name, no liens, no paintwork since I've owned it. Last owner had the front bumper resprayed due to scrapes and chips, but its a pro job. Car isnt a 10/10 because it is street driven. But its easily a 8.5 or 9 I would say. Oh at last but certainly not least....... its FREAKIN FAST smokes my R6, and damn near as fast as my 1098(which is also for sale).

Get at me, Jim, Number is 607 382 SEVEN THREE TWO THREE.

cactuss4
08-15-2013, 11:53 AM
No real pics of the entire engine, the picture with the supercharger would scare many away, as the engine comes off as dirty (with the lack of real pictures, the knee jerk reaction is what you end up with). A video of it running etc. Probably a really fun car!!

Also you appear to want a 1st gen Camaro or 2nd gen Chevelle vs a 1st for both (based on the request for a 68-72 Chevelle).

That thing is probably really fun!! Would get kicked out of California but fun car none the less :)

06goatm6
08-15-2013, 07:26 PM
No real pics of the entire engine, the picture with the supercharger would scare many away, as the engine comes off as dirty (with the lack of real pictures, the knee jerk reaction is what you end up with). A video of it running etc. Probably a really fun car!!

Also you appear to want a 1st gen Camaro or 2nd gen Chevelle vs a 1st for both (based on the request for a 68-72 Chevelle).

That thing is probably really fun!! Would get kicked out of California but fun car none the less :)

Yes those were the only pics I had at work earlier, that is from when the car was getting the new fuel system and radiator last spring. I will find some better ones. Untill then here is a walk-around video I took today. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX4rHrHKXqY&feature=youtu.be
And yes looking for a 1st gen F body, or 2nd gen Chevelle. It is STUPID fun haha, and why would it get kicked out of Cali?? Its got cataytic converters, and is tuned properly, Im not sure how the Cali inspections work?

Also thanks for your suggestions

06goatm6
08-15-2013, 07:36 PM
some more pics I found at home, from the fuel system build, the new vs stock radiator, the dyno sheet, and a pic of the engine bay now.

cactuss4
08-15-2013, 07:38 PM
No worries, CA requires a visual, if it's not carb exempt, the supercharger etc, it will not pass. Ways around it, a not to caring tech, or cash :) hahaahahaha

CA really kind of sucks for this stuff, the tree huggers cost us more and hurt us more than they do good!

06goatm6
08-15-2013, 07:45 PM
Well hell that stinks. Also judging by the look of your car in your sig. I'd be interested in a 1st gen Chevelle too. Really just looking for something new and entertaining.

06goatm6
08-16-2013, 09:02 AM
F/S $40k '06 white coupe, ECS, Forged, Dewitts, RPM trans/diff, Z06 susp, 607hp/532tq

2006 Corvette 6-speed – Glass Top - White Exterior/Black Interior
49,xxx Miles
ONLY $39,995

I’m putting this up just in case someone is looking. Not sure if I’m really ready to sell, but if there is interest, everything is for sale for a price; and that price is listed above. I own the car, I have the title, I don’t have kids in college or any major expenses, so don’t offer me 30K cause it’s not gonna get it, I don’t have to sell, just thinking it might be time to change it up a bit.

You won’t find another car like this. Nearly everything has been upgraded. This car has everything, built bottom end, supercharged, upgraded to custom built fuel system, upgraded cooling systems (engine and oil), twin disc clutch, RPM transmission, RPM differential, Z06 suspension. The only thing left to do that I wanted to do but couldn’t justify was a front and rear widebody kit. This thing is a Z06 and ZR1 killer, makes 607hp at the tire on a conservative tune. Add meth, more boost, bigger injectors, who knows how much it could make. It still gets 25mpg on the highway and is totally driveable. I don’t daily drive it but I do drive it a couple times a week. It’s got a nice lumpy idle that will shake the car from side to side, but is perfectly content cruising in 5th gear at 35mph with no bucking. If you’ve never driven a car like this it is a complete eye opener. I have driven fast bikes and cars my whole life, and the first time I rode in this/drove it, WOW.

I had a Firebird Formula for 2 years, had big plans of building a 383 etc; then this 06 GTO got traded in at work, picked it up, was going to do a STS turbo kit, had it for 2 years; then I came across this Blue GTO 408 stroker, drove it for 2 years, needed more speed and less weight. I went from a GTO to a Vette to drop weight, and that’s what I’m looking to do again. I would love to buy another Vette with a turbo but I think I would be more content with a stock Z06, or some money in the bank and something that’s small and light and just as much fun. Like RX7 with LS engine, maybe a Fox body with a LS engine, 911?

The car has some big name parts on it and has been to some well known shops: ECS, RPM, RPS, Meziere, TIAL, ARP, Straighline Performance, Doug Rippie Motorsports, Jeremy Formato from Fasterproms just to name a few.

Tried to list as much as I could remember going from previous owners/and my memory. I will go through the massive folder of receipts that I have to add any other important details. I’ll also do the unthinkable and add up all the receipts. I have a folder of receipts/dyno charts/ install bills/ and forum posts where parts were purchased that should cover almost everything on the car.

Drumroll please……. The total I have for receipts adds up to…. GULP……. $27,248

The engine has around 15k on it,

Exterior:
-Lowered on stock front bolts, rear lowering bolts
-Black Headlights
-Targa Band - Custom Painted Black
-Tinted Windows
-Tinted all side markers/slight tint to taillights and 3rd brake light
-Z06 Rear Spoiler
-Tinted Emblems Front and Rear

Interior:
-HUD installed
-Pioneer touchscreen Navigation, MP3, ipod, DVD
-3M Dienoc wrapped console and door switches
-Soft leather upholstered console lid
-Triple pillar gauge pod with Boost, Air/Fuel, and Fuel pressure gauges
-Lloyd Mats with “Jake Skull” hatch mat
-High density interior mats to deaden sound and quiet interior

Engine/Drivetrain:
-ECS Supercharger Kit - with Paxton Novi 1500 (14-16lbs currently)
-TIAL 50mm BOV with the proper 3psi spring
-Forged Manley Pistons -4cc
-Forged Manley Rods
-ECS Big Blower Cam
-LS2 block .010” over : 4.010” Bore, 3.622” Stroke, 6.125” Rods
-ARP Balancer Bolt
-ARP Head Studs
-ARP Main Studs
-Melling Oil Pump
-Powerforce Damper
-60lb (72lb) Siemens Injectors
-Patriot Gold LSx Spring Kit
-243 Heads, 66cc Combustion Chambers
-10.1:1 Compression Ratio
-Meziere Electric Water Pump
-180˚ thermostat
-Z51 Oil cooler lines
-Dewitts Aluminum radiator with internal oil cooler
-Kooks 1 7/8's headers
-Kooks high flow cats
-Magnaflow Catback exhaust
-MSD Wires
-NGK Spark Plugs
-RPM Stage V T56 Transmission
-Cunningham Motorsports Remote Clutch Bleeder
-RPM Stage 4 Diff w/ 300M Shafts with 3.73 gears
-RPS Twin Disc Clutch
-DTE Rear Brace
-Bosch 044 external fuel pump (activates at 1psi boost)
-Racetronix Harness
-8AN PTFE lines and fittings from tank to fuel rail including a check valve and an pre-pump inline filter
-Summit Racing Fuel Pressure Regulator (set to 60psi)
-6AN PTFE lines and fittings from rail to tank
-C6 Z06 in tank pump, the rest of the stock system is left intact
-Heat Wrap on O2 sensor wires, oil cooler lines, and any other wires near the headers
-Jeremy Formato Tune with HP tuners software

Suspension/Brakes:
-Akebono Brake Pads all around
-Powerslot Rotors
-Z06 front brake cooling ducts
-Z06 Sway Bars
-Z06 Leaf Springs
-Gran Sport Shocks (fronts are same as Z06, rears are a touch softer)
-Pfadt Performance Street Alignment settings

The car made 607hp/532tq the last time it was at Keith’s Pit Stop on the dyno for tuning.

06goatm6
08-19-2013, 07:37 AM
Nice engine pic from the car show last week, I had a friend with a really nice camera, I should be getting some more from him soon. all Ihave it crappy cell phone pics, and go pro pics (wide angle)

SalAlcaraz
08-19-2013, 10:13 PM
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/3994386691.html

06goatm6
08-20-2013, 08:59 AM
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/3994386691.html

Thats an amazing looking car you have there. But I am looking for a straight trade, or a trade for a Camaro + Cash on their end. I don't hav any cash to add with my car. If you are suggesting that you want to straight trade me for the Vette then by all means call me at the number listed above. But I'm sure thats not the case.

06goatm6
08-23-2013, 06:12 AM
Finally got my buddy to come over with his nice camera... here are some interior shots of the car. The outside was dirty so he's coming over again next week after I clean the car.

06goatm6
08-23-2013, 06:15 AM
missed one.....

06goatm6
10-09-2013, 04:18 AM
Finally got these uploaded today. sorry for the delay all.83486834858348783488834898349083491

175rgr
10-19-2013, 06:27 PM
https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/102516-1968-Camaro-Forged-LS1-T56-8000-miles

06goatm6
12-10-2013, 10:14 AM
TTT, still up for sale/trade

06goatm6
01-31-2014, 09:25 AM
Bump, Spring is coming

06goatm6
02-20-2014, 10:03 AM
bump

06goatm6
03-13-2014, 07:23 AM
Bump, still looking for a nice Pro-touring car to trade for. A/C, capable suspension, 5 or 6 speed manual trans, Fuel injected, preferably LS engine for economy, at least 450hp. Would love something turboed.

06goatm6
07-14-2014, 10:43 AM
Still for sale/trade.

06goatm6
08-18-2014, 06:01 AM
Still for sale, mostly looking for an outright sale but will still consider trade ideas.

06goatm6
02-25-2015, 09:08 AM
No longer interested in trades. Car is for sale only. Cold oil pressure 40psi at idle, hot oil pressure 12psi at idle. GM spec is 6psi @ 1000rpm, it is well above that. I suspect it needs an oil pump, or possibly bearings. Dropped the price to 30k to reflect that. I have too many other projects to deal with it, and I don't want to work on it this spring, I just want it gone so I can put a down payment on a house.