PDA

View Full Version : Had a good time at Edelbrock today

Protour_Pinto
08-27-2005, 08:34 PM
Met a bunch of the members there, Saw some of thier rides.

Thanks go to Joe for setting it up for us. He has a NICE Mustang too! I think it had a loose fan belt tho, it kept making a whining sound when he started it.

Steve picked up a pretty nice little ride. Almost too clean to mess with. It was fate he got the car, the dash pad had his wifes name it.

Vice came back with a fastback "Stang that was off to a good start. The previous owner was a better sculpter than bodyman. I'm sure its in good hands.

I was chauffered in a black Lincoln this afternoon, It must have looked like the mafia showed up in a pro-tour limo.

The tour was good. Got to see how they made it one of the largest aftermarket manufacturers in the USA.

They had a bunch of Eye Candy sprinkled about. Personally I wanted to drive home the Yellow Ford in Vics Garage.

Cant wait for S.E.M.A.

MrQuick
08-28-2005, 12:41 AM
Yes we had a great time...sorry we didn't get to chat with some of you but we were on a strange sleep scedule...none! We even cut our tour short. Thanks to Joe and Larry for setting it up.
The fastback...it could be a coupe with 10lbs of filler?? Its a real good base for a build and should be fun...that will be started after a trip to the blasters.
Steve's is the buy of the week! great car for sure!
SEMA will be fun. sign up early!

here are some pictures, one of Ron with his new fastback project "HELLEMORE" just kidding!

zbugger
08-28-2005, 01:20 PM
That was an awesome tour!! One look at the floor in Vic's garage and I saw..... Up my own pants. Damn that floor is awesome. The dyno room was great, and being in the room where they actually design and make the decisions was unbelieveable. I almost wish I could work there. It may actually be cool.

I finally got some sleep last night too. And I'll never be able to replace those damn brain cells. Oh well. The trip was a lot of fun!!

Larry Callahan
08-28-2005, 02:18 PM
I have not had time to build a web page yet but, if you can't wait for the pictures here they are.

Very cool tour! I think I need to get out of the aerospace industry. Working in the design dept looks like a cool job.

https://www.pro-touring.com/events/edelbrock2005/

Steve1968LS2
08-28-2005, 05:53 PM
Steves is the buy of the week! great car for sure!

It was GREAT to meet everyone.. nice to have more faces to put with names!

Tour was great and I wanted to snag those LPW LSx heads and sneak them out.. The industrial laser was way cool to watch, wonder if I can fit one of those and a CNC machine in the garage??

Vince, thanks for bringing my car down, almost funny how well it all worked out as far as timing and location.

The Mustang drove great on the way home except for the awful drum brakes and the sloppy 20:1 steering.. lol.. the radio worked though and even the clock. The amp and water temp guages are DOA though.

Cleaned her up today and it really is a nice car almost scary how easy it starts, almost like an EFI car.

Again, nice to meet you guys and I look forward to the next outing, did we ever figure out how many of the 45 showed up?

Chucks73
08-29-2005, 05:56 AM
Had a great time. Joe, Thanks for setting this up. Nice meeting all of you and hope to see you at SEMA.

MrQuick
08-29-2005, 11:05 AM
Hey Chuck, saw you 2nd, sweet ride. Sorry I didn't get to talk with you I wanted to get more info on your car. See you at SEMA