PDA

View Full Version : any way to give a 5 speed some balls?

ufo69chevelle
08-27-2005, 02:41 PM
i recently ran across a stock 5 speed out of a 91 camaro. my buddy gave it to me just for the sake "the mother f***er is always in his god-d**n way" (fill in the blanks). but anyways, i was curious if there was anyway you can beef up this tranny, perhaps to some big block power. anyone ever tried? or is this just a lost cause? any ideas would be awesome, if not, looks like a got a new killer paperweight :)

Blown353
08-27-2005, 03:24 PM
G-Force Transmissions sells an upgraded mainshaft/gearset for the T5; they rate it for ~500 ft/lbs @ 3300lbs on drag radials. That's about the only game in town to beef up a T5.

Troy

yody
08-27-2005, 03:44 PM
lost cause and watch the profanity, get a tko500/600

TPI Monte SS
08-27-2005, 06:45 PM
All '88-'92 F-body V8s came with a World Class T5, which is rated at 250 ft/lbs or so. If you don't plan on putting slicks on the car, and put a good clutch in front of it, it'll hold up for a while in stock form. If you got the tranny for free, you might as well spend some dough on building that one up. It's probably cheaper to build the T5 with good guts than buy a TKO. G-Force and Hanlon Motorsports (www.hanlonmotorsports.com (http://www.hanlonmotorsports.com/)) sell rebuild kits to make the T5 handle some power. Hanlon has built T5s for Mustangs that run well into the 10s, so I'd guess they know what they're doing.

JodysTransmissions
08-27-2005, 07:38 PM
i recently ran across a stock 5 speed out of a 91 camaro. my buddy gave it to me just for the sake "the mother f***er is always in his god-d**n way" (fill in the blanks). but anyways, i was curious if there was anyway you can beef up this tranny, perhaps to some big block power. anyone ever tried? or is this just a lost cause? any ideas would be awesome, if not, looks like a got a new killer paperweight :)

Don't waste your money.

Please save your "fill in the blanks" for the kiddie forums.........

Regards, Jody

ufo69chevelle
08-28-2005, 07:18 AM
sorry about the profanity, just messing around