PDA

View Full Version : Electric Cutouts

Castlesmith
08-26-2005, 09:12 AM
I am about to put some electric cutouts on my 67 camaro convertible. I have done some searching and find 3 companies, Quicktime Performance, DMH performance, and Streetpro. There are slight design differences between them and Streetpro's version is a one peice unit that is ceramic coated. I searched the thread and found some comments on the Quicktime units. Have any of you used the other units and what is your opinion of the performance of the products. Thanks in advance for all your comments.

Castlesmith

deadcarny
08-27-2005, 05:39 PM
I had the QTP on my stroked camaro and it leaked after a while when it was 'closed'...Of course, it was usually open anyway...LOL..

Castlesmith
08-29-2005, 07:39 AM
I had the QTP on my stroked camaro and it leaked after a while when it was 'closed'...Of course, it was usually open anyway...LOL..

This is a big concern of mine. I think it would be nice to have them open for a moment at a stoplight or parade. But it would drive me nuts if they leaked all the time.

halfast
10-11-2005, 03:29 PM
My QTP has given me nothing but headaches...great when they work, but the butterfly bent and hugely leaked, so I returned them...they would not warrantee them, so I paid $80.00 or so for "new motors and plates" when installed they soon failed again, so I dissasembled them and welded a ss washer to the plate to stiffen it. they dont fold up anymore, but they still leak like a $10.00 glaspack! try someone elses system
see http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/journal.php?action=view&journalid=8958&page=1&reverse=1?action=view&journalid=8958&page=1&reverse=1
for pictures, I also had problems with Pypes , they took my money right away, but hung me up allmost 2 months on "BACKORDER" make EM check stock and promise a delivery date.

68BNUT
10-15-2005, 08:24 PM
Hey thanks for the update ive been thinking about getting some cutouts on my car guess now ill do a little more research. Anybody have any experience with any other brands?

kman67rsss
10-15-2005, 08:28 PM
ive got the DMH cut outs on my 67. they work good, and dont have any leaking problems yet. i think they are well worth the money if you are wanting to run open headers once in a while. sure beats getting under the car and unbolting plates.