PDA

View Full Version : Just testing the water, Hello all, New members 2 new builds 81 T/A and 78 Z-28

ZMANSZR1
07-28-2013, 06:47 PM
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the welcome here on pro touring.com
I am the owner of a small shop, and are currently building two pro touring machines. We have been out to quite a few events this year and probably more than a few of you have noticed us poking around and looking at your cars. We have been to the Heidt's challenge at Joliet, (one of our customers crashed his red 2012 Camaro SS at this event), then on to Memphis,Road America, and finally Gingerman. We are not spying, just admiring the builds. There are some really good fabricators out there. From the Air Ride guys, DSE camp, Jet Hot cars, Mr. Awesome Danny Popp, and recently having met the Godfather of the Trans Am, Herb Adams, and his friend and suspension guru Dean Dodge, these guy's have all been really cool to us two fat guy's asking a lot of questions and nosing around there cars.

Our background has been primarily in stock car racing, with over 10 championships to our credit, ASA rookie of the year, and many more awards. We have now decided to take our shop into the Pro Touring arena. Our builds are a 1981 Pontiac Trans Am Y-84 Bandit, and a 1978 Camaro Z-28.
These two cars will share our own in house modified stock front subframes, with C6 spindles and our own Uppers and re designed lower strut and reaction rod. Coil overs with quick adjustable buckets, splined big sway bars, ect.. The rear of both cars will vary a bit, but share similar basic mounting. They will both have our own lift bars, and watts link. The lighter, race version (the Z-28) will have a lightweight 9" Ford floater. Big brakes on both, custom fuel tank in the T/A and a ATL cell in the Z-28. Power for the Trans Am is coming from an aluminum head 540 Big Block Chevy, mated to a super T-10. The Z-28 will be powered by a 383 cu. small block, dry sumped, hi compression motor, Big horsepower for sure. The cars have big brake kits and our own engineered ABS and traction control units in place. Full cages and mini tubs, 305's on the front and 335's rear.
We are hoping to have the Trans Am ready for the first of the year, and the Camaro shortly after that. We will put a few build pic's up soon.

I hope that this is what this page is for, telling you about me, and what we are up to.

Thanks,

Scott Z
Supercar Performance800138001880017800168000280009800108001 180019

Rod
07-28-2013, 06:54 PM
welcome

Ron.in.SoCal
07-29-2013, 09:34 AM
Sounds like fun! Post more pics and details when you get a chance :D

So Cal Camaro
07-29-2013, 10:03 AM
Hi Scott,
Glad to see you posting up....I met Scott at his shop prior to Heidt's event to have him check a code on my Camaro....Scott's a good guy based on what I have seen at his shop and spoken to him at events..good luck with your builds....

ZMANSZR1
07-29-2013, 07:54 PM
Dannie,

Thanks for the kind words. I hope you are doing well. Keep us posted on your progress, I am going to try and keep up here on the forum from now on. Good luck in future events. For any of you that will be at one of Dannie's up-coming events, try and check this guy out on the auto X, this guy is SMOOTH ! great driving.

Scott

LUV2XLR8
07-30-2013, 03:27 AM
Nice build!... i have an 81 z28 i'm converting over to pro-tour as well... keep up the good work!