PDA

View Full Version : Wheel fitment page

will69camaro
09-07-2004, 03:54 PM
What happened to the page that had the list of members cars and the wheels/tires they had so you can look up and compare. I've been leaning towards Z06 wheels for my camaro but not sure what i'd have to do to get them to fit (i know i'd need an adapter at the least). The car wont be seeing any track time with this setup maybe just a little ambitious street driving from time to time. I was looking at Z06 repo wheels that were 17x8.5 for front and rear. Is that possible? All i've been able to find are chrome does anyone know where i can get the graphite finish? Also does any repo company make a 18 that would fit in the rear of a 69 camaro without major work? These wheels would do for now but like i said track use would be a different set, these are just for cruising.

Thanks,
William

XcYZ
09-07-2004, 05:14 PM
William, here you go:

https://www.pro-touring.com/tech/wheels/Wheel_Survey.htm

will69camaro
09-07-2004, 05:51 PM
Thank you for the link, i looked on the old site but maybe i just overlooked it and i couldnt' find it anywhere. I'm still not positive on what wheels to use but if all goes right i'll be able to start throwing money at my car starting in the summer so i'm trying to get plans together (maybe up to 2500 a month to work with).

William

will69camaro
09-07-2004, 05:59 PM
From the look at the website it looks like fitting a 17x8.5 into the front without major mods will be impossible. The rear i'm not too worried about but still unsure what i'm looking at. I am currently waiting for a stock width 12 bolt to be built (pick it up thanksgiving) and right now it's bone stock suspension. Any tips, hints, or ideas i need to look into would be very greatly appreciated. Also if anyone knows of any wheels that look similar to the Z06 wheels i'd appreciate it, i know there are some BBS wheels that look kinda like them.

William

TonyL
09-07-2004, 07:05 PM
I'm sticking that link in the top of the wheel forum. I'll see about updating it and getting it rolling again.

Ralph LoGrasso
09-07-2004, 07:35 PM
As Tony said it needs to be majorly updated. Some how, a miscommunication and mixing of documents between Larry and I ended up with the older database being posted. There are a bunch of mistakes on there, my info is even messed up, and what is correct needs to be updated. Steve Chryssos' info wasn't on that database either, it was on the updated version. Hopefully we can get this updated again.

will69camaro
09-07-2004, 09:32 PM
So does anyone have any ideas on a set of wheels for my car? I'm probably getting a little too excited about having money to work with but i'm into the free stages (planning). I have been looking into the Intro Endless series 5 star so i have that to fall back on.

William