PDA

View Full Version : Which Trans?

StRacerDuke
08-25-2005, 01:07 PM
Hi Guys,

I need some help. I'm looking for a 6-speed trans. for a 67 camaro that will be bolted up to a short deck 572 with 6-700 Ft. Lbs. of torque. Right now the car as Wayne's C4 suspension front and rear and Tyler's T56's kit in it.

The car will primarily be street driven (no dog rings) and will not be launching hard (Ever).

Who whould you suggest going to for a trans? It's been a while since I did any research on these and would really like some referrals. I'm looking for a company that I can get a complete trans, clutch assembly, and bellhousing. The purchase will be made rather quickly (3-5 weeks) and money isn't a huge issue.

Thanks in advance for your help.

andrewb70
08-25-2005, 04:18 PM
http://www.g-forcetranmissions.com

G-Force has a t56 gear set.

Andrew

TitoJones
08-25-2005, 05:04 PM
StRacer Duke-
Call me. We are doing that exact setup in a 69 (minus the WD chassis) with a McLeod Street twin, blowproof bell, and hydraulic setup.
702-245-6305
Tyler

JodysTransmissions
08-25-2005, 08:25 PM
Hi Guys,

I need some help. I'm looking for a 6-speed trans. for a 67 camaro that will be bolted up to a short deck 572 with 6-700 Ft. Lbs. of torque. Right now the car as Wayne's C4 suspension front and rear and Tyler's T56's kit in it.

The car will primarily be street driven (no dog rings) and will not be launching hard (Ever).

Who whould you suggest going to for a trans? It's been a while since I did any research on these and would really like some referrals. I'm looking for a company that I can get a complete trans, clutch assembly, and bellhousing. The purchase will be made rather quickly (3-5 weeks) and money isn't a huge issue.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mcleod would be my choice for a clutch. We got a brand new Richmond 6 speed in a box available at a great price.

Regards, Jody

StRacerDuke
08-26-2005, 12:45 PM
Thanks Andrew!

I have Bubba at G-Force putting together a quote for me with a complete trans, McLoad twin clutch, and modified Lakewood Bellhousing. Looks like it's going to be a sweet set-up for this project.

Tyler, sorry I didn't call. I don't see that you produce aftermarket transmissions and I'm not in the market for an installer.

Thanks

TitoJones
08-26-2005, 02:06 PM
We just happen to be installing this setup. I sell them as well.
The kit is a D&D modded T56 to take 800 hp, with a McLeod blow proof bellhousing, full hydraulic setup, and McLeod street twin.
No worries though.
Tyler

JamesJ
08-28-2005, 08:31 PM
hey tyler, are you saying that you are going to sell a kit that includes the T56 from D&D with the McLeod bellhousing and twins disc clutch. If yes are you going to sell the viper length t56 or the standard one?

TitoJones
08-28-2005, 09:41 PM
It is a LT1 trans with upgraded internals. It will have the full McLeod blowproof housing, and street twin clutch. Call me for pricing, we are ordering one entire kit on Monday.
Tyler

chicane67
08-29-2005, 06:04 AM
The only difference between the LT1 box and the Viper box dimentionally is that the Viper box 0.900" longer overall. The stick location is the exact same at 23.75", and the trans mount location of the Viper box is 0.200" shorter at 25.7".