PDA

View Full Version : Corbeau TRS

rsk68
08-25-2005, 11:53 AM
Hi guys

A while back i purchased some Corbeau TRS leather seats, these are realy nice for the money, well i finally have them installed and they seem very high, I am using the Corbeau mounts also, now I'm only 5' 4"
and I will be draging my head on the head liner, is there a known shorter seat out there.

Thanks
RSK68
Rick Klein

slowcamaro
08-25-2005, 12:19 PM
You might be better off keeping the seat and fabbing new brackets. I have heard most of their brackets are on the tall side.

streetk14
09-11-2005, 11:30 AM
Rick, what car are they installed in? I also have the leather Corbeau TRS seats in my '68 Camaro. I used their brackets, and they do sit a little high. I'm 5'10" and I have about 2-3" between my head and the headliner. I have them in a fairly reclined driving position which helps increase head clearance. If I had them leaned forward then it might be more of an issue. I think corbeau offers a service to shave down the lower seat cushion for an extra 3/4" of clearance. Or you could modify the brackets if needed. Good luck,
Andy

67ragtp
09-11-2005, 02:55 PM
Andy,

I just puchased the same seats for my 67 camaro, but since I heard about the head room issue I canceled the mounting brackets. Do you know if the sliders that move the seat back and forth are part of the seat assembly? And is there room to lower the seat without using there bracket if fab my own? Im real curious since I havent received them yet.
Thanks Rich

rocketrod
09-11-2005, 03:21 PM
Andy,
Do you know if the sliders that move the seat back and forth are part of the seat assembly?...
The slider is integrated into the mounting bracket.

Andy,
And is there room to lower the seat without using there bracket if fab my own?
If you fab your own brackets you might lower it about 1/2"-3/4", by eliminating the sliders? The limiting factor is the Corbeau bracket is about 1" beyond, to the rear of the car, of the factory holes for the rear mount seat bolts. I have heard you can special order seats from Corbeau to reduce the seat height by 1-2 inches.

I have Corbeau Legacy's/brackets and I can send pics of the mounting bracket if needed.

67ragtp
09-11-2005, 04:43 PM
Rod,

Am I understanding this correctly, Im not going to be able to move the seat back and forth with out there mounting bracket. If this is correct thats nuts. So its basically a slider/mounting fixture combination. Please send me pics if you have them, I would appreciate it.
[email protected]

Thanks Rich

rocketrod
09-11-2005, 05:58 PM
Rod,

Am I understanding this correctly, Im not going to be able to move the seat back and forth with out there mounting bracket. If this is correct thats nuts. So its basically a slider/mounting fixture combination. Please send me pics if you have them, I would appreciate it.
[email protected]

Thanks Rich
That is correct. I will send pics of the bracket.

streetk14
09-11-2005, 09:48 PM
Rich, I think I would go with their bracket/slider and modify it if need be. For me, the way they sit in the car is not a big deal. If I were over 6' , there might be some issues. I would trial fit the drivers seat with their bracket and see what needs to be done. Here is a shot of one of corbeau's slider brackets: www.corbeau.com/products/bracket/bracket.shtml

aonghus
10-14-2005, 10:33 AM
I am 6'4", my previous seats & sliding rails mounted directly to the floor.

Oh my what a shock it was when I installed my TRS' and had to crook my head just to fit in the car.

you lucky 5'4" suckers don't know how easy you have it.

I plan on cutting my brackets down about 1/2" maybe 3/4" and remounting the impossible to reach rear mounts so that I can fit a ratcheting box end in there to bolt her to the floor. I can take pictures tonight and post them up here.

HLSASS
01-02-2006, 06:29 PM
I am 6'4", my previous seats & sliding rails mounted directly to the floor.

Oh my what a shock it was when I installed my TRS' and had to crook my head just to fit in the car.

you lucky 5'4" suckers don't know how easy you have it.

I plan on cutting my brackets down about 1/2" maybe 3/4" and remounting the impossible to reach rear mounts so that I can fit a ratcheting box end in there to bolt her to the floor. I can take pictures tonight and post them up here.

I am 6'2 and trial fitted my new TRS seats in tonight, what a shocker. I was kissing the headliner. I'd be interested to know how you modified the bracket to lower the seats? Thanks!

69Nova
05-18-2006, 07:28 AM
Does anyone have pictures of the slider/bracket to give me an idea of what I'm going to be dealing with?

6'9"Witha69
05-18-2006, 07:47 AM
Now I know to stay away from these seats/brackets!

69Nova
05-18-2006, 08:18 AM
I'm planing on modifying them. I just want to see what I'm up against.

MickyT
05-20-2006, 09:04 PM
I removed the seatpans in our 67 when installing a late model interior. That drops height considerably.

67LS1T56
05-21-2006, 07:47 PM
I removed the seatpans in our 67 when installing a late model interior. That drops height considerably.

Isn't the seat pan part of the fllor structure to give strenght to floor?

Damn True
06-06-2006, 09:30 PM
Rocket, can you post some of those photos of the brackets?

muthstryker
06-06-2006, 10:28 PM
id love to see how this is done i want the cr1s lol but want to have head room >.< any other seats that will fit with out problem? sparcos maybe?

Mr.VENGEANCE
06-07-2006, 06:48 AM
i love those seats in leather..:drool:

MickyT
06-08-2006, 09:03 PM
67LS!T56:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickyT

Isn't the seat pan part of the fllor structure to give strenght to floor?

We welded in some flat plate for the attaching areas of the seats and there is plenty of strength. Remember it is the seatbelts that would take the major impact in a collision.