PDA

View Full Version : eBay Problem

68Camaro
09-07-2004, 02:09 PM
Alright, I bought an intake and fogger setup on eBay on the 28th of July. The guy gave me the run around saying he was in a bad car accident and blah, blah, blah. Well I still have not recieved it and he is not responding to my emails. I got on Paypal and I can't file a claim because it has been more than 30 days since the transaction :hammer: . Has anybody dealt with this or have any idea what I can do. Just leaving negative feedback is b.s.

:help:

Thanks guys,
Jared

JamesJ
09-07-2004, 04:22 PM
Since you said paypal I assume you have paid for this. Can you get any info from them, have you tried sending them an email asking for help. That is what i would do first

dennis68
09-07-2004, 08:30 PM
I don't have much to offer except in the future be more careful. I sell quite a bit on ebay and always encourage alot of communication. I always respond to email within a few hours and only do business with those who treat me the same.

derekf
09-08-2004, 04:38 AM
There is a link somewhere on eBay to request your seller's information - address and phone number.

I've found that in a lot of cases, a phone call gets things moving when email won't.

Otherwise, you might want to look into SquareTrade, eBay's dispute resolution folks:

http://www.squaretrade.com/cnt/jsp/odr/overview_odr.jsp?marketplace_name=ebay&campaign=EBY_OD_1

I've never used them, but it can't hurt, right?

workbenchracer
09-08-2004, 06:49 PM
I also got screwed on ebay. I did a lot of investigating and found where the guy lived and gave a call to the local authorities. We pressed formal charges for theft. In the end the judge would not follow through because there was no camera footage of him signing the cashiers check. His signature, id number, yada, yada, yada. Go figure. The other people he screwed (which we were able to track down) said they sent him an email stating that they had been in contact with the police and were getting ready to file on him. He refunded their money. We wanted more than the money which wasn't much. Also, there is a gov't agency (FBI?) for internet theft which you can contact.

Where does this guy live? Maybe someone around here might be able to provide more info.

LS1Z28
09-13-2004, 06:23 AM
If you used a credit card through Paypal you can dispute it with your credit card company.

derekf
09-13-2004, 06:59 AM
For that matter, if you used PayPal, they've got their own dispute process as well.

Radio Joe
09-13-2004, 06:56 PM
I have been through this before. You can request his personal information (address and phone number) and then ask for help.

I bought a targa top for my corvette from a somewhere in BFE Canada... Basically a 50 hour drive. I paid for it and never received it. He stopped returning emails so I started calling him both at home and work.... He and his boss would laugh at me and hang up. All I wanted was the top or my money back. So I posted to the Corvette forum about what happened. One of the guys on the forum lived close and drove over to the guys workplace and asked him to return the money or send the top... And he would be back in a week if I didnt receive it. Sure enough a few days later I got my money back. I was lucky!