PDA

View Full Version : Plug gapping?

kman67rsss
08-24-2005, 04:08 PM
i know this is probally a dumb question, but im having trouble gapping my plugs. im running an autolite racing plug, PN AR 3933 and it has a cut back electrode. i have a few of those parts store circular gapping tools but i only seem to bend the tool when trying to gap these plugs. the electrode is stronger the the gapper. any tricks to gaping these or is there a particular tool needed for the cut back electrode.

RobM
08-30-2005, 11:05 AM
now im no expert but i have heard from many people that these types of plugs dont need to be gapped due to the cut back electrode... i personaly know of many people who do not gap them. i'd throw them in and see how she runs

kman67rsss
08-30-2005, 05:29 PM
huh, thats a first here. maybee i will try that.

inSANe DIEGO
08-31-2005, 08:26 PM
I recently read an article on plugs and I noticed that platinum plugs are NOT to be gapped. I seem to remember reading about the Autolite racing plugs and no gapping as well. I do have a speed secrets article that was recently in GRM mag by David Vizard. The only thing he mentions specifically about the Autolites is to radius the tip of the side electrode. Then again...with the problems on my brand new engine, maybe I should just keep my mouth shut... :hand: