PDA

View Full Version : 4-way component setup staging help

Nothingface5384
07-08-2013, 12:52 PM
I'm ditching the 6.5 front in door and 6x9 coaxials in favor for a front fill only setup.
I havent decided out what brand as of yet.. but for the most part it'll be something like this..

2 way component set...6.5 woofer in kicker with 1in tweeter in A-pillar
either a 3 or 4 inch Mid-Range under my window door crank(6.5 coaxial currently resides there)
then a 6.5 Mid-bass at edge of door pretty much hip level of occupants.

or should place mid-bass under window crank as I already have 6.5 speakers there then move the 3 or 4in mid-range by tweeter or in kick panel with 6.5woofer?

also is it a big deal the mid-bass(mid-woofer) is same size as woofer? should I jump woofer to an 8in

rear fill will most likely be just a single Sundown SA8 sub, but may jump to a SA10

ps 72 buick skylark

UNBROKEN
07-20-2013, 09:41 PM
Ditch the idea of 2 midranges. Look at the biggest midbass you can fit then a 3.5-4" midrange and tweeter combo.
What you're proposing is a tuning nightmare of epic proportions.

Nothingface5384
08-04-2013, 08:07 AM
Ive been over at DIYmobileaudio and did some digging, took advice and did more digging :-)

I'm pretty much squared away on what I need to do
I'm going active and using Hybrid Audio Legatia speakers
Hu Clarion CZ702
going to put a L1v2 in the A-Pillar(probably mod it to fit in an a-pillar guage pod for temp)
L4 in the kickpanels(Shop LLC pod with smaller hole cutout) as a midrange
Will attempted to fit a L8v2 in door as a midbass
will have time alignment and frequency adjustments through headunit
I'll hood off on the subs for a while till I'm happy with tune and if I feel lows are needed or lacking

as for amps i'm looking at either
Leviathan III - ZED(more pretty)
or
Z-150.6 - Zapco(leaning towards this one)
when and if I decide for subs it'll be HATs powered by a Zapco DC-352O(built in DSP)

Nothingface5384
08-04-2013, 08:44 AM
also knuconceptz for RCAs and lizard skin for heat and sound control for floor/trunk pans with Second skin for areas like trunk lid and doors