PDA

View Full Version : Hi y'all !!!

boulonman
07-05-2013, 08:14 AM
boulonman here from South Cali,
I know this a Nova site, but lots of parts interchange w/most GM muscle cars from the same era. I'm looking for tips, tricks & sharing my experience.
I have a OEM 1968 Chevelle/Malibu that rolled off the line w/frt.buckets & console shifter. I'm cloning her into a sleeper "clone SS",stock rims w/ring & hub, & the usual trim.
The loud overlap & sweet gurgle gives her away(383 built stroker/Brodix alumn.hds./Edelbroeck sngl.plane RPM intk. Demon 750 V.S, all MSD ign. billet dist. but at first glance she's a beautifully preserved 68 Chevelle coupe, SS hood louvers, Frt. & Rr. SS396 OEM badges. Fresh metallic flake "Coral Blue" paint. Re-chromed, &/or all new s.s trim, new blck. vinyl roof.
H.D 4 link rear susp., 12 bolt .410 posi, 425 H.P rated, not verified, but my body sure feels the G's!! Any-who's I'm about 40% done on the last resto which is the interior.Prices are outrageous for repro. resto. parts!! Since it's my own design, I'm not gonna do w/99% of gearheads do, resto the intr. as close as possible to OEM. I wanna have some fun, since its pure OEM on the outside, what I do to my ****-pit is a personal choice/taste. I already got new (all blk.) carpet kit installed, headliner, OK "no cracks" dash, nice Grant 3 spoke steering wheel which fits the car just right /new blk. vinyl rear seat,new blk.door panels w/all hardware/Sun-tach w/triple old-school liquid filled gauges. My buckets are shot, I'm even afraid to take the cheap covers off, for I think that's what's holding them together!!! It was an original 68 triple-white car: paint/vinyl-top/intr.(Yeeecch!!) I rplcd. most of the big stuff/pnls,dash,hd.lnr. etc... I still have to either resto. or buy new front buckets. the price is insane!!!! 1,800$ for a new original, 1,200$ for new covers!! I plan on modernizing the interior, all the usual new bells & whistles/over-head console/navigation system w/touch screen..etc Does anybody here know if there are certain particular cars (model/year unimportant) that can be swapped w/some modifications???? I really would appreciate any tips, advice you all must have, since we basically share similar platforms & interchangeable components. Are there any newer GM models in the bone-yard that have a rear disc set-up which I can modify to my existing rear drums? In fact it would be simpler to know which particular car model/years/etc..that shares lotsa interchangeability the rest I can research myself, I just need to be pointed in the right direction!!:twothumbs
I'll get around to posting some pics up soon, but I wanted to check you guys up first, & introduce myself!!!