PDA

View Full Version : Wich way do I go?

SShep71
07-05-2013, 07:18 AM
Regarding my 69 GTO engine swap. Do I go the more expensive, easier, quicker plug and play harness/ gauge setup? OR Do I dare venture into the harder, WAY more time consuming, cheaper wiring harness rework way?

I have 3 options at this point:

Speartech harness with gauges for 6L90...

Mast M90 setup with harness and Livorsi gauges...

Stock Pontiac G8 wiring, gauges, etc etc etc....

The Speartech setup and the Mast setup are about the same cost wise, but the Speartech is more worked towards using the OEM equipment, where as teh MAST setup uses their own ECM which poses more problems down the road.

The problem with the stock Pontaic G8 stuff is that I am starting from scratch with nothing more than a few wire harnesses, a diagram, and hopes and dreams. The good thing about the stock G8 is that it will somewhat enable me to keep all the cool features that I like from the G8. HOWEVER it will require using the BCM GMLAN and Datalink. Which I have no experience with at this point.

Any sugestions? Real world experience?

(I wasnt sure if I should post this in this section or the Electronics section)

bsinclair
07-05-2013, 06:33 PM
you might give john at modern vintage systems as he built a harness for my car.. (317) 224-6689

Z06vet
07-07-2013, 07:16 PM
Yes you can send the stock G8 harness to the above mentioned & he will mod it for you.

71RS/SS396
07-08-2013, 01:49 AM
I've been very happy with Speartech. Whenever I've called for tech support during normal business hours John always answers the phone and has been able to help. I'm not a fan of the Mast controller since you are stuck with their software for tuning.