PDA

View Full Version : th400 to 5.3

mattdirocz
06-30-2013, 10:53 AM
OK I have researched this for hours before and thought I had it all figured out. I have the GM spacer and the dished 5.3 plate and the longer bolts. I put it together crank flex plate spacer and it seem that the tc is just not close enough to bolt to the plate. Tc snout in as far as it goes and still have a gap between them. Anyone help me please. Thanks Matt

garys 68
07-01-2013, 03:48 AM
Assuming you have the right parts and installed correctly (lots of info over on the LS1tech conversions page), how big is the gap between the TC flexplate? Also is there anything preventing the TC from sliding forward to bolt it up?
There will be a little gap once the bell is seated to the block.

mattdirocz
07-01-2013, 05:42 AM
I am test fitting now I put on the bench to make pic easy. Can install spacer between but if I do that will the trans bolt up. Tight to the block.

garys 68
07-02-2013, 04:12 AM
So the spacer is preventing the torque converter from reaching the flywheel?
I think I saw something similar over at LS1tech conversions page. Check there or post a new thread.
Same issue?
http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-hybrids/1654562-6-0lq4-th350-issues.html

mattdirocz
07-02-2013, 10:55 AM
Not same no problem but it seems that I need to use the flat flex plate with the spacer I have. I searched alot on ls1 tech but there are just so many threads on this that I never seemed to find the one I needed. Thanks For the link and from what it says there are two spacers, guess I have the one that goes with the flat plate. which looks like it would work. Thanks for the help Gary

bigpat1802
08-14-2013, 02:50 PM
If you have the dished plate than all you need is the spacer that fits onto the converter snout.

You would then have the much distance after bolting the trans up to the block and then simply pull the converter forward to the flexplate.

Did you get this figured out yet?