Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

TH350 Mystery part identification HELP

Help! i took a th350 automatic apart and installed a basic rebuild kit... to make a long story short, i have 1 piece left over. it's not shown in either of my repair manuals nor could i find it in any online diagrams. the piece looks like it has been run in fluid as it's nice and clean...
      the transmission is out of a 1970 Nova. it worked when removed, but was worn. I have no idea if it is the original transmission. i do have another one i could take apart, but it's still in a car. ugh!
      do you guys have any thoughts or a resource i could go to???

that goes on the outside of the center support center support right above the low reverse clutches. if you look at about 4 to 5 o'clock on the case lugs where the center support rides you will see a place that your spring clip rides.looking at your picture you need to flip the flat part of that clip towards your tape measure and you will see how it fits in the case. the clip at your 2 1/2 mark goes down in the case. this clip keeps the case from wearing out [doesn't always work] and keeps it from making a loud clunk when going from rev. to drive.also if your lugs are wore in the case they make a case saver that replaces this spring clip. greg

Thank you Greg!!! you a good man.
      i was thinking i would have to bring it by my not so local transmission shop next week and ask them.
      I'll take it back apart next weekend and see if i can find a home for it.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com