Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 ... LastLast
      That suspension is awesome. Have you thought about using air ride springs. They are supposed to work just as well as coil-overs, but ride better and they are easier to adjust. They allow three program modes instead of two.

There's no room for an air spring between the housing and the Watt's link. It's enough of a squeeze with coils. And once you get the setup dialed in with coils you are set!

Sounds like a sweet build. Guess its time to get a Super Chevy subscription.

NICE! I can honestly say that I havn't thought of doing a suspension set-up like that!

Very cool!
      Benjamin

Twin Dusters
      '72 Plymouth Duster "Aero Duster" project
      '72 Plymouth Duster "Daily Duster" project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...RO-DUSTER-quot

Country Flag: United States
      I can't believe you revealed already...could have waited till Sunday. LOL

Looks excellent.
      This is going to be an interesting build and I hope we all can learn from it.

Vince
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

>Is there a reason why you are going with the Watts pivot attached to the rearend housing. I thought that having it frame mounted was better am I misinformed.

We've been arguing about this on the internet for years. I personally think the answer is that yes ideally the pivot should be chassis mounted, but in the real world the performance difference (which is less of a physcial improvement in the chassis and more of a "helps the driver perform better" ) is very minimal and doing it this way solves all sorts of packaging and mounting problems (ie weight).

One topic I haven't heard discussed much is the effects of how narrow those LCA's end up being. I realize again you are tied into the stock frame rails and I haven't really applied any math to it. Just an intuitive thing that wider spacing (in plan view) would lead to a more stable setup.

My personal guess was (assuming you weren't doing an IRS) you were planning a 4 link with some kind of floating link that could be locked down. So similar idea but executed much better with this scheme.

For those worried about a 6 speed making it into the 8s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US2Y8c327YA&fmt=22

I didnt see a sway bar, any plans for one?

It has a sway bar, just not mounted in those pics.

I don't see the goals being out of the question, there are quite a few C5 Vettes running in these parts, pulling down mid 8 sec. e.t.'s. I would think these same cars with a tire swap would still handle pretty well.

The thing is, these guys have spent years getting the bugs out of these cars. You guys are setting yourselves up for a whole lot of criticism everytime the car doesn't live up to the hipe.

The run up to your goals will take some time, although I think the criticism would be unfair (no pun intended) you are still going to hear it. I can't think of a better way to generate buzz though.

Sounds like a cool project, can't wait to see the finished car. Ron
      Ron Schwarz

are you planning on using the same sway bar for both setups with adjustable arms?

WOW..this will be a cool project to watch..any plans for finish date ??
      Darrin Stalnecker
      1969 Camaro Convert full pt pr
      2007 Corvette Supercharged
      1968 Camaro LS1 T56
      http://www.fquick.com/dropit69

this is a cool project. i was hoping for an all around car without needing the suspension swap, but it still doesnt take away from the goals youre going to achieve.
      Tim

The WidowMaker: Garage Built 70 Chevelle

Special Thanks To: Rushforth Wheels, MuscleRodz, Kore3 & SC&C

Build Thread Link

Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      You guys are setting yourselves up for a whole lot of criticism everytime the car doesn't live up to the hipe.
      The drag stuff will be the hardest, but I do own a fast street drag car already. When I built that car in 1996 Crane Cams told me my goals were a second to fast and there was no way I was going to run 9.50s (it is faster) with a pump gas small block, the cam I spec and at 3450LBS. And that car did run the unacheivable goal first time out.

We welcome the criticism. The hype does not say it will run the numbers first time out. But anyone that bags on us if it des not run 8.99 first time out will look foolish to the others here.

I liken this to a Evel Kneivel jump. Half the people are hoping he makes it, the other half are hoping he crashes. I expect this to be no different
      Last edited by ProdigyCustoms; 04-25-2010 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon65 View Post
      are you planning on using the same sway bar for both setups with adjustable arms?
      We will try the rear sway bar with and without. There also will be a quick release for the front sway bar end links to release the sway for drag duties and ultimate weight transfer.

We will also have 2 totally different sets of shocks and springs. The shocks and springs will have specific locations at each corner and will come off as assemblies with quick release attachments on each end.

For road race, autocross and street, we will have some Ride Techs Prototype Hella Cool double adjustable remote reservoir shocks with most likely 550LB front and 225LB rear springs, all adjusted for each corner.

For drag and standing mile we will have a completely different set of Ride Techs new prototype double adjustable shocks with most likely 300LB front springs and 110LB rear springs.
      Spring rates are all up in the air, but you get the idea. Firm for street and road race, soft for drag race.

Quote Originally Posted by The WidowMaker View Post
      this is a cool project. i was hoping for an all around car without needing the suspension swap, but it still doesnt take away from the goals youre going to achieve.
      I figure to do it without making changes will take a few hundred more horsepower and just simply over power the track. And we really want the car to be excellent in both configurations.

Remember, this car is a bit of a transfomer, really 2 cars in one

Quote Originally Posted by dropit69 View Post
      WOW..this will be a cool project to watch..any plans for finish date ??
      We hope to be at RTTHs in primer. Then at Sebring October 1st for road coarse testing. Back to the shop, blow it apart, paint it and off to SEMA and optima Challenge.

Frank or as I'm now going to refer to you " Evil " lol I hope you make it but the landing is memorable.
      Matt

Current project: " Chain Reaction "

A.K.A. " BIG " by wife, biatch in garage.

1969 RS Camaro L92 T56 Quadra-link, CW sub, Ford 9" a progressive build.

Ex track car: 1995 Camaro LS1 T56

Fantastic stuff, sir!

Ps Arby's was delicious last night, haha

Just a all the way around bad azz car for sure!

Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com