Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States

"Project X" Pro Touring Hornet

Well it has been quite awhile since I posted anything about our Hornet LSX pro touring project and now it seem I'm having to rebuild this thread as all of the images are missing since I first started the thread quite a few years ago.
      This is what we started with as a base for our project build. A low mileage 1973 Hornet X complete with a hurt 258 six cylinder motor and automatic transmission. The car only had 54K miles on the odometer and all the paperwork to prove it. I receive allot of flack about cutting up such a low mileage Hornet with all of the documents including the original build sheet but I'm on a mission to finally build a Pro Touring AMC Hornet my way. follow along if you will as I rebuild this thread and give a review of the history of creating our little project on a super strict budget.
      1973 was the first production year of the Hatchback body style for the AMC Hornet. After some research we discovered this this Hornet X was a special order with lots of unique options added. Turns out our Hornet was pulled from the "test batch" lot of cars built for testing and evaluation and then were later to be destroyed and not for sale. This one survived and was sent back through the assembly line to have all the special options installed in it.
      https://www.pro-touring.com/asset.ph...9&d=1525504903
      Name:  Screen Shot 2016-08-14 at 10.35.59 PM.jpg
Views: 1203
Size:  20.8 KB

Attached Images Attached Images    
      Last edited by Hornet LSX; 05-04-2018 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Deleating thread as images no longer available

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com