Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Another buoy chaser. Learn something new everyday. Actually, on the water I'm torn between my two greatest passions of slalom skiing and barefooting. My wife used to work for Ron Scarpa at his ski school and I used to work for Eagle Sports building wetsuits. I had a big hand (very big) in developing their ski vest. I can't wait to get back and pick up the boat. Before this summer is out, I will have posted a picture of my less than 1 year old girl skiing. Can't wait!

And 40 is no excuse! Strap on the stick and get to it... I'm really looking forward to getting back in the course, I haven't been through the course since 2006. Far too long.
      Will Ellis
      1969 Dodge Dart Swinger, 1/2 Dart / 1/2 Viper...
      Build Thread

I just thumbed through this thread. Amazing build. I will look in more detail later. Whoever is doing the body work knows what they are doing for sure. Keep the eye candy coming please : )

Joe

Thanks Joe!

I've been back Stateside, permanently, for almost 3 weeks now. I haven't gotten a ton done despite the amount of work I've put in, but I have been productive...

I previously had a problem with steering rack location, it required the same space needed by the engine. In conjunction with multiple persons, I designed up a solution, got a bunch of parts machined, replaced the rack shaft in my rack, and voila, Lord willing it'll work... In conjunction with the rack/steering fix, I used the front sway bar tube as part of my mounting system for the rack. I designed and cut some mounts for the sway bar housing to make mounting einfacher, and it was. Two birds, one(ish) stone.

Just in front of the rack is the 2" sway bar housing with the custom brackets on each end. The sway bar is a custom piece from Speedway using roller bearings from Port City Racing rather than solid bushings.

After that I moved on to getting the new core support built. I bent it up from two pieces of 1-1/4" x .120 wall to almost identically mirror the stock core support. At the same time, I jigged up the fenders so I could locate the mounting holes for those.

Then made some brackets to capture the front fender mounts as well as brackets to bolt it up to the frame rail.

And there you have it.

Next up are forward tubes from the firewall to the core support, the final bar for the fender mounting holes plus custom brackets running from the forward tubes to the fender mounting bar stock. Then done and done up front, hope to have that stuff finished up next week, and moving on to the cockpit.
      Will Ellis
      Build Thread

Project SCUD - 1969 Dodge Dart

Cannot wait to see how the inside turns out!
      Did you get hit with a lot of snow Will?

Nothing to write home about Tim, but enough. We actually got a lot more the day before we flew out of Switzerland, we were lucky to get out...

I should follow-up "inside" with more structural things, some additional triangulation/bracing, rework the dash bar, mount the front seats, measure up for a column, etc., then moving to the rear of the car to finish things up there, then up on the rotisserie for final welding, then on to tin work... Sooo much to do!
      Will Ellis
      Build Thread

O man I am so excited to see work going on this thing again!
      Steve
      1968 Dodge Charger All Wheel Drive project Red Bull<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/5cce6da5/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

glad to see ya back stateside and making progress. figure out where youre moving yet?

and i like the core support build. this is gonna look sweet when its done. you planning some close out panels inside the engine bay?
      Michael Crawford

1970 plymouth Duster back under construction:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...uring-makeover

1987 GMC S15 https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ct-drivabeater

Thanks guys!

@Michael, yes planning some close out panels. Probably mock them up in light weight steel then build them out of 'glass. If my TIG welding improves and I can start welding aluminum nicely, may do them out of aluminum sheet. I'm a ways from that for now, but I've got a few ideas in my head.
      Will Ellis
      Build Thread

Wow... so you are officially back!! thats so cool and you are really working!! It looks good!! and stay safe in that weather!
      68 Camaro RS twin turbo
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...d-Intent-V-2-0

1993 Toyota Supra 6768 Built Single Turbo

Slow Lifted Jeep No TURBO :(

Randal F

Hey Randal! Yes officially back. You still doing time in France? Good to hear from you.
      Will Ellis
      Build Thread

Nope, I am in istanbul this year!1 and you are about to go crazy huh!! Dont move into the garage buddy:-)
      68 Camaro RS twin turbo
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...d-Intent-V-2-0

1993 Toyota Supra 6768 Built Single Turbo

Slow Lifted Jeep No TURBO :(

Randal F

Nice work my friend! I can't wait to get over to the "shop" and get my hands dirty!
      Jeff

73 Mustang Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by droptop73 View Post
      Nice work my friend! I can't wait to get over to the "shop" and get my hands dirty!
      lucky! I wish I was closer.

WOW, great work so far. Car is going to be amazing.
      Lots of Neon's
      Harley NRS
      Trx250r
      69 Camaro: Under Construction Small Block (Soon LSxT)
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/teamvpneon

Used to be known as teamvpneon

Country Flag: Canada
      Dude, this is amazing lol, hi im wade im new to this site, im hoping to buy a 340 swinger soon, ive known of the car for the last 20 years, its been off the road since 91 and I want to build a pro touring dart, I had no clue people were doing this to mopars, the car you are building is pretty much exactly what I want to do except for the viper engine, I have a spare 6.1 sitting in my shop right now just waiting, great work on a bad ass car

Will Again awesome work on the car. Wade81 there are a few of us pro-touring A Body mopars around here. We don't have near the work that will does However Will's build is out of this world. Welcome to the site.

Nice job Will!

Country Flag: Canada
      thanks john parts ill check out all the mopars for sure yeah his build is kinda insane lol

Thanks a bunch guys. Wade, as John said there are a few of us around doing Mopars. Sounds like you need to get that ride and get started...

Thanks Greg! I appreciate your help with the steering system as well. Both you and Bryce were instrumental in getting me where I am with it. Hope island life is treating you well!
      Will Ellis
      Build Thread

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com