Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      like an earlier post stated, the roof and the trunk lid and the hood stay, thats about it. The door hinges are different as well as the location and the structure that they attach to, quit while you're behind.

the inner quarter panels are different also. You will need stuff you cannot buy new like those inner quarters and door hinge post. it would be a huge job, I would sell off the 67 and use that money towards a 69.

Of coarse a 67 Firebird shell only in need of a lot of restoration has very little value.

What are you going to do about a VIN? if the answer is use the Firebird VIN, it could be the worst investment ever!

Prodigy,

my original idea was to use a firebird shell, i have since found a good deal on a 67 camaro shell but like the looks of the 69 camaro better. (wheel wells and body lines). If the rear quarters need to be replaced any ways, why not change them to the 69 version. Is there a company that repops the rear inners for a 69?

I may be wrong but i believe in texas you can get a new vin# relatively easy.

I'd build a Firebird! be different,
      Steve68- 1968 Camaro SS LSX T56, 12bolt 3:90's, 18" Fikse Profil 13s, Deep Fathom Green paint, Spearcos, just bunch of old junk because another member said so, LOL

70 Nova SS street/drag 454, T400, 3:55, ugly!

just my opinion, it will cost more money to convert your 67 into a 69 than just finding a decent 69 shell to begin with. then you will still have a converted car that is worth less than the 67 if you kept it a 67.

I too like the looks of the 69's, but the 67/68 RS camaro's are my favorite camaro ever. You said your relatively new to this, so if you haven't yet, check out some 67 RS camaro's. Converting a plain 67 to an RS is a much smaller undertaking than converting it to a 69, and they look great.
      2005 CBR 1000RR..."mostly stock".
      1968 camaro... "in the works".

agreed
      Quote Originally Posted by justasquid View Post
      just my opinion, it will cost more money to convert your 67 into a 69 than just finding a decent 69 shell to begin with. then you will still have a converted car that is worth less than the 67 if you kept it a 67.

I too like the looks of the 69's, but the 67/68 RS camaro's are my favorite camaro ever. You said your relatively new to this, so if you haven't yet, check out some 67 RS camaro's. Converting a plain 67 to an RS is a much smaller undertaking than converting it to a 69, and they look great.
      67 Camaro convertible (Jinx)

Quote Originally Posted by justasquid View Post
      I too like the looks of the 69's, but the 67/68 RS camaro's are my favorite camaro ever.
      co-muthafuchkin-signed

If you want a 69 buy a 69. They are not hard to find. You'll be way ahead of the game
      Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

Hey another one of these threads.
      Traven

Look at this lovely piece I just saw on ebay. 68 Firebird with 69 doors and front sheet metal
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...SS%3AUS%3A1123
      Traven

10 foot paint and the shaker hood?

Not to sure about the 10 foot paint and the shaker hood LOL!!

I guess anything is possible but you have to ask the question why??

Do what you want as you want. Yes, all can be accomplished, but the 67 to 69 would be a lot harder to do. I did the 69 Firebird into a 69 Camaro, why?, because I have always wanted a 69 Camaro and when I bought my Firebird and found it needed more work than just paint I started looking a buying parts and, yes, it was cheaper with all I had to be doing to buy the camaro parts and I would get the car I really wanted, and also not feel bad about doing the other mods I wanted. If I hadn't needed to have all the sheet metal work done that it needed I would be the happy owner of a nice 69 Firebird, but it did and now I will have a nice modified 69 Camaro, done with the parts/style of all 3 years (67, 68, 69) that I like. Would I do it again, no. I would look to find a good camaro base and go from there. But I was out to buy a good driver in need of a little TLC. and unfortunately got way more work than I wanted, but by a round about way got what I wanted. Yes the title says firebird, but thats just a peice of paper in my safe, and with the mods to the car, even if it was a camaro, the people would say "O'h whyd' ya do that" .... my response.... be cause I wanted it done that way and its mine.
      I paid a lot for the Firebird thinking I would just be able to drive it, but am to picky and wanted better. I could of found a camaro body for less than my bird, but I bought it in an online auction and had it looked at but didn't see it in person. Mistake!
      If you do your own work, go for it, if you don't, keep lookin for what you want.
      My car is way more than, " with just front sheet metal on it"
      Attached Images Attached Images        
      LaMont Mulligan aka munster, leroy, mull, just don't call me late for dinner..

My car is Therapy. 69 - Firebird into Camaro wana be. Sheep in Wolves Clothing. DSE tubs, Air Rides Airbar Rear susp., CPP Tubular CA's w/Shockwaves, Unisteer Rack&Pinion, RS Hideaways, Polished calipers, drop spindles, 4wheel disc, Be Cool rad, 18" Coddingtons Junkyard Dogs w/12"wide mod on rears, BFG KDW's 335/30/18 & 245/40/18 fronts. 383 Stroker, Edelbrock Vic Jr Heads and Manifold, lunati cam solid Roller, Pro-Magnum Roller Rockers, Demon, MSD Dist, 6AL, Thorely Tri Y ceramic coated headers. Converted to 68 dash. Moser narrowed 12 bolt and fitted for Airbar.

Quote Originally Posted by Munster View Post
      Do what you want as you want. Yes, all can be accomplished, but the 67 to 69 would be a lot harder to do. I did the 69 Firebird into a 69 Camaro, why?, because I have always wanted a 69 Camaro and when I bought my Firebird and found it needed more work than just paint I started looking a buying parts and, yes, it was cheaper with all I had to be doing to buy the camaro parts and I would get the car I really wanted, and also not feel bad about doing the other mods I wanted. If I hadn't needed to have all the sheet metal work done that it needed I would be the happy owner of a nice 69 Firebird, but it did and now I will have a nice modified 69 Camaro, done with the parts/style of all 3 years (67, 68, 69) that I like. Would I do it again, no. I would look to find a good camaro base and go from there. But I was out to buy a good driver in need of a little TLC. and unfortunately got way more work than I wanted, but by a round about way got what I wanted. Yes the title says firebird, but thats just a peice of paper in my safe, and with the mods to the car, even if it was a camaro, the people would say "O'h whyd' ya do that" .... my response.... be cause I wanted it done that way and its mine.
      I paid a lot for the Firebird thinking I would just be able to drive it, but am to picky and wanted better. I could of found a camaro body for less than my bird, but I bought it in an online auction and had it looked at but didn't see it in person. Mistake!
      If you do your own work, go for it, if you don't, keep lookin for what you want.
      My car is way more than, " with just front sheet metal on it"
      what must be changed on 69 bird to make it. Look like 69 Camaro? I mean only on the front.

If you get a Firebird, build it as a Firebird.

*******ized cars are just silly.
      Jeff.

1972 GTO - long term project
      1968 Firebird - all original, low mileage

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com