Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

68 Camaro RideTech 4 link tire size

This is my first post so bear with me.. Maybe I am posting this in the wrong place.

I'm building a 68 Camaro protour/autocross car. I just finished DSE minitub and have plenty of inner fender clearance. Question is anyone running the factory 12bolt and ridetech 4link with 335's? Looks like I can clear a 18x12 wheel with about 7" backspace and probably roll the outer finder lip or 7 1/4" would completely tuck the tire in the fender but looks like the side wall of the 335 at that point (estimating 4"profile with 13.5" section width) would be very close to the lower ridetech coil-over mount. Budget will not allow a custom rear-end and I would rather not narrow the factory 12bolt. I know cars this old are all going to be a little different but if anyone already has experience here it would be appreciated. Looks like most everyone is running a 9" or complete aftermarket rear end. Wish i had the budget for that but its already spent and then some... I know 315 would be a easier fit but looks like most of everyone is running the 335 BFG Rival at all the events.

I know there is no exact yes or no answer here, just looking for any similar experience/insight.

Thanks!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com