Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by Project Bike Truck View Post
      I am kicking myself in the ass right now, passed on a complete swap a month back looking at prices going up I regret it.
      I’m constantly watching the value of the cdn $ compared to the US $ as well as being on Amazon looking for deals. A few years ago I picked up a Magnaflow 2 1/2” stainless builders kit for $325 cdn . Summit sells it for $700 US. When ordering from the US , I have to add on a 33% more for exchange. It’s just part of the game.

Does anyone else find themselves daydreaming constantly, mentally planning the next steps down to drill bit sizes?

When I ordered my axles and brakes there was a slight math issue from my guy and the axle builder (no big deal). The register (the part that centers the rotors to the axle) was too big and wouldn't let the wheels sit flush on the rotor.

This created a problem with a great opportunity. My wheels are hub centric and the center bore is 73.1mm. Spending my life in the aftermarket industry, I knew that can cause issues if not centered properly. So I reached out to a friend who has a machine shop in his garage and he went to town and made an amazing pair of parts for me. They center the rotors and have a lip to center the wheel as well.

I was so excited, I went outside at 4:30 am before work and slapped them on and checked the fitment.

I’m super impressed with the tolerances and the finish of the part, and so was my indoor drawing assistant Tailpipe. Yes, my cat’s name is Tailpipe. I found him as a small kitten after a test ride on the exhaust of a car for 5 miles.

Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here
      check out Opentracker Racing Products

Country Flag: United States
      To answer your question, yes. I'm always thinking about my projects and what the next step should be. Or Ideas that I have and if they are possible to do or not. Then I think about the lack of funds for many of the ideas and get sad. Then I think of more ideas and get happy again. It's a terrible drug lol.

I like that cat, that's a good cat.
      Nelson
      1969 Chevelle "Cone Smasher" Family Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...uot?highlight=

1984 "Rustang" GT, 5.0, 5 Speed Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...T-(Slow-Build)

All the time , usually when I wake up at 2 am and can’t fall asleep again because my brain has gone into overdrive!

Quote Originally Posted by WallaceMFG View Post
      To answer your question, yes. I'm always thinking about my projects and what the next step should be. Or Ideas that I have and if they are possible to do or not. Then I think about the lack of funds for many of the ideas and get sad. Then I think of more ideas and get happy again. It's a terrible drug lol.

I like that cat, that's a good cat.
      I will not lie the lack of funds has me worried to no end. Turns out the cat is a "rare" bread of cat with good genetics, just crazy like a feral cat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by langleylad View Post
      All the time, usually when I wake up at 2 am and can’t fall asleep again because my brain has gone into overdrive!
      I wake up around 1-130 am Daily with some crazy idea or thoughts. I have solved a lot of issues with this car that way.
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here

Yup, what I want to get done when I get out to the shop, what tools/equipment I need to add to my collection, how much I need to save to buy the next thing on the long list of stuff needed to finish the project. And then of course, what color to paint the beast, what I color interior, how I should route the exhaust and how am I going to pay for it. LOL

Be careful out there guys!

While working on the car the other day I needed to move my super custom scissor jacks out of the way.

I was laying on my back and I pushed one jack out, then pushed the second. It wobbled then fell back onto my forehead. Now, this caused me to see a few stars and a lot of blood. The cut was small but very deep. I stayed calm and shut down the air compressor and locked the garage before informing my wife of the need to go to the hospital. I drove myself and got a couple of stitches.

The lesson learned is to be careful and always expect a jack to come out of nowhere and smash you in your head.
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here

Ouch ! Hospital staff must just be shaking their heads at people wanting to take selfies of this kind of stuff ! lol

Ouch ! Hospital staff must just be shaking their heads at people wanting to take selfies of this kind of stuff ! lol
      She was cool and amazed at how I was not flinching.
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here

Can you guess what engine is under the plastic?

I went a bit crazy and ordered my swap. I was a little excited and felt that I might miss a good opportunity. I spent a good amount of time calling and emailing all the local yards and turned up no luck. I wanted an engine and transmission that was complete, and I found one but all the way on the east coast. They were still cheaper than the others were before shipping and tax. Plus, they had rad customer service.

Let me introduce you to the brand used 2.3 EcoBoost!

That being said and done, this engine is freaking huge! It is going to take some serious planning and thought. I will most likely have to mod the oil pan to clear the rear steering and have to cut some of the shock towers.

I am going to have to get the MGW Race Spec Short Conversion shifter assembly to make it work in my car, and not have the shifter in the bed. They have rad service and this is one beautifully constructed piece.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8946bGDbCUg
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here

Well done , that is a sweet looking shifter . Looks well engineered.

Sweet! Glad it made it safe and sound. Can't wait to see it sqeezed into it's new home!

What are you going to use for engine management?
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram

Well done , that is a sweet looking shifter . Looks well engineered.
      I can't wait till I get it going. I want to mount the fuel cell and some other rear end stuff finished before I start on the front. There is a lot to clean up and detail before I start on stuffing it in.
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here

Quote Originally Posted by Sbeck09 View Post
      Sweet! Glad it made it safe and sound. Can't wait to see it sqeezed into it's new home!

What are you going to use for engine management?
      I am going to run the Stock ECU from the Ford Control Pack. It comes with the harness, ECU and intercooler. From what I see COBB makes an Access Port for it as well, and it seems to be the hot set up. I will get that part on order in march.
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here

I've considered the eco boost but was concerned about size. If you would put up some dimensions for the rest of us, it would make decision making easier. I'm enjoying your project.

Quote Originally Posted by wfo guy View Post
      I've considered the eco boost but was concerned about size. If you would put up some dimensions for the rest of us, it would make decision making easier. I'm enjoying your project.
      Yes, would like to see this info as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixr320 View Post
      Yes, would like to see this info as well!
      What dimensions do y’all want? It’s on a pallet, so anything I can do I will.
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here

Gratitude

This is something small but means a lot to me. WD-40 has decided to help out with my project and my bike life. Now seriously, who hasn't used WD-40 in their life? I have been using their bike products for quite a while now and love them. They are a local company to me. I spent a little bit of time at SEMA chatting with them and thought I might reach out to them and see if they would help with some stuff I was needing.

Low and behold, some boxes showed up in the mail, along with a pallet at my door. If you know my house set up, I feel bad for the guy who had to bring that pallet to my door.

I couldn't honestly be more stoked to be on the WD-40 program!
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here

That's actually super cool! I use the OG WD40 to clean stuff all the time.
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram

Go to the Ford Performance site/Create engines, they have all the engine dimensions sheets for each engine. https://performanceparts.ford.com/do...dimensions.pdf
      I used these sheets to make sure I could fit the 3.5EB engine in my Falcon.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com