Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by langleylad View Post
      EPS seems to be all the rage on here but I just don't know why . Seems like a lot of work plus more electronics to hind under the dash, what's the gain ? .

Mike

PS love your build
      Thanks for loving my build. It’s consuming me.

So IMHO the EPAS Is good for many reasons.
      Way less clutter in the engine compartment.
      Less drag on engine.
      More high tech.
      And super different in our world of building.

Downfalls are under dash space.
      Cost(only if you don’t have power steering like me).
      Relatively unknown territory.

Everything thing in this world has it good and bad. I like the idea of new stuff and trying to be slightly different than traditional.
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here
      check out Opentracker Racing Products

From the research I did when I was thinking about EPAS the limiting factor was not having wheel speed sensors or the ability to limit the assist at speeds. Some mentioned having weird steering feel at higher speeds. Who knows but I went with a borgeson box and a krc pump and I am extremely happy with it. The borgeson box is actually a quicker unit as well and makes it feel more sporty. I understand you dont want to use the power steering pump for power reasons but I think it may be worth it as well as bolt in.
      1963 Ford Falcon
      -331 Stroker Motor 450hp, 2700lbs
      2014 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi

Quote Originally Posted by NorthFalcon View Post
      From the research I did when I was thinking about EPAS the limiting factor was not having wheel speed sensors or the ability to limit the assist at speeds. Some mentioned having weird steering feel at higher speeds. Who knows but I went with a borgeson box and a krc pump and I am extremely happy with it. The borgeson box is actually a quicker unit as well and makes it feel more sporty. I understand you dont want to use the power steering pump for power reasons but I think it may be worth it as well as bolt in.
      Both of the units I’m looking at have ways to set that up. The EPAS Perforance unit has a dail you can controlnthe steering speed and the DCe unit has speed sensors or a dial as well. The other thing is I bought a manual quick steer box and idler and pitmon arms. It would hurt to sell everything and start over again, and adapting the pump to the new engine set up.

I am stoked everyone is giving their input. That’s why I love this forum.
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here

Name:  IMG_2998.jpg
Views: 739
Size:  110.2 KB

My apologies for the lack of updates. I spent the holiday shut down from work doing honey do’s and modifying my daughters wagon. I lowered it 2 1/4 inches. Came out pretty cool. Need to give it an alignment and make a pad for her to sit on.

This was the stock ride height. Name:  56598767664__563B6BB4-76BB-41B1-A983-F6F256A1FB16.JPG
Views: 744
Size:  446.4 KB

Hope to get some progress pictures for y’all on the truck after this weekend.
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here

Very cool !

Very cool !
      Thanks, just like everything I touch took a lot longer and more work that I planned.
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here

Quote Originally Posted by Project Bike Truck View Post
      Thanks, just like everything I touch took a lot longer and more work that I planned.
      Hahahaha, I know that story !

Progress has been made!

I got the bump stops made and welded in. Let me tell you, the Swag Offroad Portaband Table (http://www.swagoffroad.com/SWAG-V40-...able_p_63.html) and Milwaukee Portable Band Saw is a life-saving combo. I wish I got these earlier. Don't mind the Christmas morning mess on my workbench, but I have to say this is one of the best Christmas presents I have ever received.

After I got the bump stops welded on, I welded all the tabs to the rear end and sent it off to Bob Myers Race Cars to get straightened and to have him “Super Missle Weld” the torque arm tab to the cast axle housing.

I promptly started installing the Strange axles and Wilwood brake kit. In the axle went, and let me say; on the floor by myself, that was a job to do. Once everything was in, I got a little excited and felt that the wheels should go on. Well, there was a learning curve, to say the least! Rancheros are hard to get the wheels on as it is, then set the ride height to your car at 6-⅝’s to really have some fun. The watts link and the rear shocks have to get pulled to get the rear end low enough to slip the wheels on.

As all learning curves, I found the wheels are hub-centric, not lug-centric. The axles and the rotors fit snug and almost flush, so there needs to be a way to remove the cap and get a ring or something to extend the hub so the wheel has something to center itself with. I will sort this out and keep moving on the rear end.

The next items on the list are to mount the rear anti-roll bar, mount the rear fuel cell, and then install the wheel tubs.
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here

Looking awesome , your shot of the rear wheelwell/tire & wheel reminds me of Aaron Kuafmann's Falcon .

I have the same Swag / Milwaukee combo and I love it. I was ticked that the saw didn't come with a blade. If you don't have one already , I suggest getting a riv-nut tool. Another must have .

https://www.amazon.com/Astro-Pneumat.../dp/B003TODXQW

Mike

Looking awesome , your shot of the rear wheelwell/tire & wheel reminds me of Aaron Kuafmann's Falcon .

I have the same Swag / Milwaukee combo and I love it. I was ticked that the saw didn't come with a blade. If you don't have one already , I suggest getting a riv-nut tool. Another must have .

https://www.amazon.com/Astro-Pneumat.../dp/B003TODXQW

Mike
      Dude I felt the same about the blade. Got one ASAP!

I just got a rivnut tool! Going to be using it like crazy. I’ll end up tacking them in just to be sure.
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here

Looks awesome.

10,000 Views!

Holy moly! When I started this build thread 7 months ago it was just to share my work somewhere. I would have never thought it would be this well received. I am very thankful for this community and the positivity that comes out of it.

So just like I have seen on Instagram, I was thinking of doing a 10k giveaway. I have some prizes I could give:

Used 3” 36 grit sanding disks
      Used 3” 60 grit sanding disks
      Lots of cut off scrap metal
      Metal blade cut off wheel missing lots of teeth

But in all seriousness, thank you guys for following along!
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here

Well, congratulations! I'm not a Ford guy, but fabrication is the universal language. I haven't commented on the thread, but I've watched it from the beginning. Don't stop now!

Country Flag: United States
      I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only one around here loving my swag stand. I'm also super jealous that you are fitting wheels. I can't even measure for mine yet.

Can't wait to see how the EPAS turns out. I really tried to justify the budget for mine, but didn't happen this time.

And congrats on 5 figure views!
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by JJK View Post
      Well, congratulations! I'm not a Ford guy, but fabrication is the universal language. I haven't commented on the thread, but I've watched it from the beginning. Don't stop now!
      Thanks for following and your support. It is the reason I'm always on here checking and posting. This community is pretty damn awesome.
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here

Quote Originally Posted by Sbeck09 View Post
      I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only one around here loving my swag stand. I'm also super jealous that you are fitting wheels. I can't even measure for mine yet.

Can't wait to see how the EPAS turns out. I really tried to justify the budget for mine, but didn't happen this time.

And congrats on 5 figure views!
      I wish I had the money to get custom wheels, I have plenty of room between the wheel and the frame for more. I am waffling between going bankrupt now and getting my engine, trans and ecu or waiting a couple months. But around the same time ill do the EPAS swap and Wilwood floor mounts. but then ill be Bankrupt for sure. Ive been selling everything I can and saving all i can to get the big stuff paid for. #poortouring.
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here

I Feel your pain. Save or sell something, buy parts and repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Boosted Falcon View Post
      I Feel your pain. Save or sell something, buy parts and repeat.
      I just gave away my 2.3 SVO block and the guy bought $200 worth of parts from me. Worked out well. But with as much as I spent it was a loss. Nice to have space again for a bit.
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here

Quote Originally Posted by Project Bike Truck View Post
      I wish I had the money to get custom wheels, I have plenty of room between the wheel and the frame for more. I am waffling between going bankrupt now and getting my engine, trans and ecu or waiting a couple months. But around the same time ill do the EPAS swap and Wilwood floor mounts. but then ill be Bankrupt for sure. Ive been selling everything I can and saving all i can to get the big stuff paid for. #poortouring.
      I know where you’re coming from , this is why my build has been ongoing for 6 or so years! lol ...cry

I know where you’re coming from , this is why my build has been ongoing for 6 or so years! lol ...cry
      I am kicking myself in the ass right now, passed on a complete swap a month back looking at prices going up I regret it.
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com