Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Posted up a few pictures from George of the event on facebook. None of you guys have more?

Meanwhile, outside of George himself, haven't heard much about class and class rules. No biggie since the board won't be jonesing to add classes but don't be afraid to take the bull by the horns either. It's YOUR class. lmk
      -Hank

I'm out of town until the 15th. Once I get back I'll be more active. I'm still pushing for a dinner Friday the 19th so we can discuss details in an open forum.

Results are now posted at sdr-scca.com/solo2

DW I didn't know you were in the 72s..you will notice some novices were DNFing
      and some didn't work Shame shame..lol .Oh look up SM class.I think some PT cars might of been able to win that class last event. ESP even had some matching lap times to Pro-touring sept 30 Also Richard could of ran his Mustang in SM and done very well even ESP..SU is a class you want to avoid..I was busy at rhe time and couldn't clear that up.Yes SM ran at sametime as PT AM-X

Hank have you heard of lateapexphoto.com..? You can find event photos there of past events.There is a pic of Bryce's Falcon from the event he ran in. Was that the first one of the year Bryce.?I don't know if there will be any of sept 30.

As far as classes go .To me it's good if all pro tourings just run as a group.If they all truely want a class.Creating a class could take some time.When cars have lots of mods .It gets more complicated.HP to weight.Leafspring,fourlink.irs Subframes bolt ons .normally aspirated or forced.It will be the most complicated Regional class.Thats one reason the region would be happy to see it as a private club governing themselves.To avoid the headache of writing supplemental rules and policing them. I think an event host would give a trophy if 5 plus cars ran as Pro -touring....Thats something to think about.
      Am I speaking for SDR-SCCA? not 100%.Just from my knownledge of build rules and how one can argue over them.SDR-SCCA wants all the Pro-Touring cars it can get running with us..Thats a 100%!

Our next event is less then 2 weeks away.On a Saturday!, which might be difficult for some to make.With Bryce working the hours he is. I dought we will see the Falcon on saturday.I'm crossing my fingers.I hope that the Pro-Touring cars that made our last event make it.I know of another Nova II convertible and 68 Camaro that might be joining us also.They have raced with us in the past.Next week I'll list the cars that will make it.

PTs will be running in 3rd run group working 1st.That means getting there early.7:30 register &walk the course multipule times.You don't want to DNF.You can tech your car after you work 1st run group or before.
      Also you can buy an additional 4 laps for 3rd run group(8 laps total).You will have to work 1st&2nd then.After 3rd run group your day is done.Or you can stay for "Fun Runs" runs 3 hours later or buy another 4 laps for 30.00 run 5th group work 4th.and be done by 2pm maybe 3pm.WE don't go by the clock on competition days and we don't know how big the groups will be.
      If these options are confusing? read the flyer at sdr-scca.com/solo2 then call me Also if you pay to run 12 laps(4+4+4) you may only have to work 2 groups.MAYBE?

Also has far as classes go SM might be a good match for most pro touring cars.4 seat cars rear seat removed stock suspension mounts but build your own suspension.No added or changing of subframe or bolt in IRS.Working lights.Down side! Large wings ,splitters V8s can run as low as 2700 LB like CP but on Dot race tires not racing slicks.XP allows subframe changes" I THINK" No cars currently running in SM in SD.OK a Civic..There is a SMF Front wheel drive Street MOD class the H CIVIC is in the wrong class.Sometimes we do have some fast Subaru STIs and EVOs in SM.The last EVO put a High HP motor in it and shattered the transfer case in the first 20ft of his run.

Work groups can be from 45 minutes to 1.5 hrs plus you never know on competition days

Never a guarntee of "FUN RUNS" at end of day

You can let me know here if your going to make it.Now..I'll start the list of car models next weekend

I have 2 maybe 4 so far AND WE CAN USE "PT" on the signup card and on the car as a Club/Class.

Sense I'm so much into details .I'll explain our P1-XP,BP,CP,FP combine Pax Index handi-Cap formula.If you have a car fitting CP this how it works.I'll use DW's Roadrunner as an example.

Last event sept 30

XP" Lotus laptime 64.076 X pax index 0.898=57.540

XP"F5Cobra " 70.745 X pax index 0.898=63.529

CP 68 Roadrunner " 72.696 X 0.86 =62.51 now 2nd place

BP.873
      FP.875

P1-XP,BP,CP,FP cars were on racing slicks, roadrunner on 200 treadwear,P1 is a any treadwear class and the Cobra did break after first run.

I am having to spend some money on my daily driver but I think I can make it. Won't be able to buy my e-brake cable. Is that neded to pass tech? I got my seat belts.
      Johnny C.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      70 'cuda, Pro-Charged 408 stroker, Tremec 5 speed, Strange S-60, Alter-k-tion, Tri 4, Hydroboost and Wilwoods

Quote Originally Posted by go-fish View Post
      I am having to spend some money on my daily driver but I think I can make it. Won't be able to buy my e-brake cable. Is that neded to pass tech? I got my seat belts.
      I don't even have an E-brake, lol.

I think you should have one.Wiping a quick 180 side ways works though but not the best alturnitive.I blow out a brake mastercylnder once right at the finish.It was good to have one..Now the safety tech guys are listening.. Quite everyone.

I will be there and am definitely looking forward to another great event! Hope to see more of you guys out there, I know there's more of us orange county/L.A. area folks willing to drive the measly hour and a half for some driving fun.

My dad has an engagement with our motorcycle racing club so he will not be able to make this one, however count us both in for SCCA memberships George as we both plan on doing a lot of these!
      Hope to see you all out there.
      Jake Rozelle
      @jakerozelle
      jakerozelle12.wix.com/jakerozelleracing

Alright Jake it will be good to have you. At first I thought your text read "You both couldn't make it".Well if you have friends that want to run with us bring them down.If their car meets our PT spec.we have a group for them.We can use "PT" as a class title now.Any car is welcome in the SCCA solo2.We have a class for it.

Car Count in PT (PRO TOURING) so far For the Oct 20 event.7:30 am work 9am 1st group& run 3rd group
      THE SCCA SDAD EVENT CHAIRMAN ROBBIE R ,"THERE WILL BE A TROPHY IF WE HAVE 5 CARS IN PT"

68 Roadrunner Dan Cancel Blown motor at Button Willow
      62 Dart Lady Cancel
      70 Cuda? Johnny
      69 RS Camaro Jake
      1st gen Camaro or Nova II Rick
      69 Cuda Tom

Mustang II Running SM on 100 treadwear Alcino
      Mustang Convertible SM maybe ESP Richard
      ? = maybe,,I'll be updating this list

BP 66 vett, XP F5cobra,XP lotus in P1
      And 150 other entries in different classes

It's like a dance floor !The more that enter the more join in the fun!

Any more interest in PT out there?
      LAST EVENT Dan's best time was a low 72 sec ,Jake matched that time with 2 more laps in FUN RUNS.Can he beat him in 4laps.Rick has raced the Q as often as Dan.Could he be a contender?

IF YOU ARE NEW AT THIS CALL ME.If YOU HAVE A QUESTION CALL ME 619 275 4845 George

To add to the fun it looks like my dad will be entrusting me with his '69 camaro this weekend. I love driving it and broke into the 72.2 range last time so I am extra excited for this event!
      see you all out there
      Jake Rozelle
      @jakerozelle
      jakerozelle12.wix.com/jakerozelleracing

Jake..A guy asked me if he could get a ride in the White RS Camaro Last event.So if your around for Fun Runs or doing X runs. I'm sure he will be looking for you.

My car is still not done, but I will come and work the work group. I know there was some discussion of getting together Friday night to formulate rules for the class etc.... any update on that? If we are going to formulate rules perhaps we should mirror the new run groups for the So-Cal Challenge series.

I read that So-Cal Challenge had plans for that.I'm curious to see what they have ..As for SDR -SCCA.we follow what is in the SCCA SOLOII &SOLOI rule book.And we have added some to that .42 classes..WE do now have a PT available to us to use as our class.PT-X for Xruns.Basicly 74 and older or same platform as a74 but newer.American made V8 4 seater.rear seat can be removed,Stock frame and mounts any bolt on pieces including 3& 4 link etc.Aftermaket subframes &IRS allowed now but maybe later with weight pentalty of 200lbs.A 4" ground clearance front to back excluding exhaust and suspension pieces.Working glass windows and lights.5" spoilers front and rear.Interior B-Pilar forward.Door panels,carpet, dash pad.It's to be a super street car!We may divide cars into 3 weight groups running in same class.Being based on big power engined cars will carry more weight and allowed wider wheels.

.5 liter V8 non turboed cars weight 2850 to 3000 and use 8" maybe 9" wheels.(CP is 2700lbs) (SM is 2800lbs and if you use 275 wide tires or smaller 200lbs is dropped)

350cbin" non turbo 3100 to 3400 10 inch wide wheel

Forced induction 350cb"or big block non turbo at 3500LBSplus on maybe 12"wide wheels.

We could base wheel width on the front ones and allow a 1"increase in the rear
      Brakes are unrestricted but no Carbon on Carbon..ALL ON 200 TREADWEAR All CARS IN SAME CLASS
      The lighter car should stop faster. Big power cars should come out of the turn faster.For autocross this might work.With no back seat, weight can be added there, Bolted down, even a box.The cheapest weight group would be 2850 to 3000
      Also for all classes adding Forced Induction. The SCCA allowes any size turbo but only one.A restricter must be used.52mm half inch deep with in 4" inches of inlet.

Cars not meeting these terms can run in SM,CP,XP at same time as PT

I run a Mazda Rotary..This is my best shot at being neutral and writing a class equalizing vintage muscle cars.Even the big power cars can keep their back seat and add boom boxes.

.The SCCA already has FS STU ESP SM SU CP XP fitting V8 4seater cars and I left some out.I bet our ESP is much like SO-Cal's Stock Modified.
      Something else to look into is How the SCCA Formulas SM now.RWD1800lbs +(200lbs X liters)=car weight
      a turbo formula is 1.4+ liters. PT cars should be slightly heavier like (260 x liters)

If I knew their formula WE could make something work.I was looking at the thread today and videos on youtube of El Toro.It was an amazing event,a lot of space!Ah if Grand AM and American Le Mans can,so can we..,,

DTW Dan wants the Friday meeting.I'm thinking having to be at the stadium at around 7:30 am.I know guys want to check on their cars friday night.Maybe best to discuss it at the stadium.PT works first group 9am and run 3rd group around 10:45am.Plenty of time after that.We also have two more events after Oct 20.

I sent a discription of what I was thinking to Dan.Dan approved of it.That doesn't make it final.

Making PT cars work all in one class is complicated at first.Remember SCCA already has 6 similar classes Just a few years ago SCCA's SM class had 9 different weight groups for one class.

Come to the Event.As a note you have to be a member to work on the course.But who knows
      I choose to prepare for event friday night.Meeting is up to who wants to.

Mr V8240z bring what ever car you have and run it.If you have a 240z with V8 that would be SU(street unlimited) and run at same time as PT or you can run in EM (E-Mod) we even have racing GO-KARTS

Can we make the tread wear 180? That opens up the tire options immensely for me probably for other as well. Other than that the less rules the better. Then again I don't really care, just out to have fun.
      Alcino Manuel Azevedo
      76 Mustang II Cobra II
      Featured in April 2006 Popular Hot Rodding

It stays 200 tread wear.This is why.Good Guys has gotten alot of people interested in Autocross.They all prepare for 200 treadwear.RobNot Limits is going to start up So Cal Challenge also 200 treadwear.The SCCA already has 140 treadwear classes for suspension mod stock engine cars.If I say 180 and then folks show up with160.I let them run.Then I'll get "Why didn't you just stay with 140"...lol

Also one of the things that makes PT interesting and exceptable for SDR SCCA is that.60s and early 70s cars have terrible brakes.To upgrade the brakes beyond a stock option puts you in SM orCP "No ESP".Some of the engine swaps would to.So that is why Pro Touring "PT" is a Vintage Muscle car class including modern mods in San Diego SCCA..WE give credit to Good Guys for this interest.& Pro-Touring.com

I think all we need in the way of rules is what I wrote at the beginning of this tread and in the beginning of the last rules package I wrote.The weight break down is to be something to think about.It's good to know what might be coming if your building a car.Some that want to compet and spent 2 weekends a month driving. Want to know what to or not to do on their racer.The others just want to do laps with the same kind of cars.Thats where I'm at.But, Believe me if someone is winning in a light 5 liter car.Then some one drops a supercharged V8 in their light car and wide tires.It becomes a spending contest..Plus I'm tring to prevent cars from just being a CP or XP cars on 200 treadwear.but be a good transfer to CP or XP

I'd rather bring it up now then later,thats all.Are you going to make it Saturday Alcino

I got everything lined up to make it this Saturday and am excited. First autoX in 7 years!

Do you guys take credit cards or is it still a check/cash deal?

Thanks for the explanation on the rules. Makes sense and a line has to be drawn somewhere. No biggie. I guess if I want a prize I'll conform.
      Alcino Manuel Azevedo
      76 Mustang II Cobra II
      Featured in April 2006 Popular Hot Rodding

Cash is king.Checks are taken to.No credit. I'm glade your coming,we are going to have a good turn out,

We are running on the south east lot.Not the big hill everyone loves.We will have some hill.

Something funny about classes ,We have a classes called Street Unlimited SU.Mostly to me it's for people in registration that don't have time to read the rule book.When someone comes and says I've done this and that, then this to their car.Registration doesn't have time to figure the details out.So, you get put into SU.Whats there is a MX5 Miata.Supercharged with100% Carbin Fiber doors and big flat splitter,rear wing and spoiler.The back bottom of it is cut out to fit different defusers.The hole front end clips on.tires are 285 on 18s and it's supercharged..Very very fast..It's In A Street Car Class...lol You haven't been in 7 years so we have a few different cars .It's great to see more Muscle cars showing up to.

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com