Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 25 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      You guys may of heard already that you will be getting a PAX index of 0.830. Some PT guys are excited about that.That's a light PAX meaning good.It's the same as FS on Roadtires 200tw tires.FSR( How long will that last?)When you ran SU. The PAX index for SSM was used.When you look at the results. Finals is for your classes.INDEX for looking at everyone that ran in a class that has been PAXED.THis is how you can judge your driving against all drivers no matter what class they run.I hope I'm not scaring anyone already? 98 % of us like #...LOL

You probably know how the math works already but here is example of how it's changed things.

When using the SSM PAX for SU.The CAM driver would show up near the bottom of the list.

Nov 3 Mark G you were 118 out of 156 competitors.with 0.830 your 74th out of 156.

The guys running in Champion PAX class are probably getting nervous..

At our SAC meeting on Tuesday, it was brought up several times by the regular veterans that they thought the PAX was too generous (even saying specifically they didn't want to give me any more than they had too).

I took that as saying that I must have made an impression on them the last few events last season and they now recognize me as a legit competitor.

I've never paid attention to PAX before as the SM PAX sucked. Should be different this year though.
      Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car

I was thinking more ESP PAX.Bigger HP more Mods then ESP but limited to 200tw. Lance Did you know SM PAX is tougher then CP.SM allows lighter 4 seater cars with big HP that's why.That's why I say to our guys .Give that SDR P1=XP,CP,FP PAXED a try sometime.(If they have Stickies)

Thread "San Diego SCCA Street Modified Vintage" has 2014 PAXes attached to it so check it out.I tried attaching here but the computer is fighting me.

Is the CAM class going to be a Trophy class at the San Diego tour? I will be there for sure, but that may affect what I bring.

That's very possible for the tour.I think we will have that answer by end of the Month.Maybe sooner.Do you have more then one car to choose from?BTW our CAM is 78 and older

In last few years no one has run in CP at our Tour(I take that back ,We had Desertfox firbird).So that's another possibility for a CAM if it fits that class.

Some of our SDR CAM members may not know.There isn't "No class Xruns" in SOLO2 National Tour.You have to be within the rules and in a class.AS approved by SCCA and Region. I haven't seen any interest in our Tour by our Cam drivers .Alcino did, He came to check it out last year.So we'll see in a few weeks.

Trophies are there for regional events.Thats a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by soloracerSD View Post

Lance Did you know SM PAX is tougher then CP.SM allows lighter 4 seater cars with big HP that's why.That's why I say to our guys .Give that SDR P1=XP,CP,FP PAXED a try sometime.(If they have Stickies)

Our Solo Chair races this in CP at every event...

I stood a better chance racing against the odd Evo that showed up in SM every now and then than beating my head against him every event. :D
      Lance

WE also have a 93 DB limit at 50ft from track.Some come prepared if that's a issue.I know it sucks but we have to honor our agreement with the Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman_Racing View Post
      Is the CAM class going to be a Trophy class at the San Diego tour? I will be there for sure, but that may affect what I bring.

BRETT You need to look at this picture... (He is our 1999 Mustang
      local SM racer moding his fenders this weekend for 315 hoosiers)

Quote Originally Posted by SSLance View Post

I stood a better chance racing against the odd Evo that showed up in SM every now and then than beating my head against him every event. :D

You got it right Lance!.Check out the field of competition first... For the new guys just come and have run. Lance How many SCCA events have you done now?

I wonder how close your Chairmen got to the 2700 LB minimum. If it's a V8

I guess I'm up to 15 or 16 events now. I ran 3 or 4 in 2012 plus a Solo School, and the full season except for one event (11 events) in 2013.

I won the Kansas City Region 2013 Street Modified Championship too!

Next year there are 3 of us I know of for sure planning on running the full season in CAM. I can't wait to go up against them every event (plus the rest that show up as well), should add some fun to the season.

Cujo has a mean V8 in it...and it's pretty stripped, not sure how much it weighs though. Those front tires were new for it at nationals last year and he had to take a sawzall to the front fenders in between runs to gain some extra clearance.
      Lance

Our National SOLO2 Tour is a few months away.Should be good.Maybe we could draw some CP cars as well.(Del Mar GG is same weekend as our Tour )

I also just got word that our SDR SCCA has set up a promo for CAM.So which of you want to be on TV. KUSI Dave Stall will be filming your cars and doing some short interviews.Jan 18 before 7am.Shiny or not lets get your CAM racers there.Plus the SM/SU/CP Roush.Stang..Hank and Rae should be your contact on that.

That sound like our CAM guys .They started Sept 2012..Thats when I first started posting here

Good job on your regional SM championship.One of our guys won a championship in his first year to.In ESP . Our SM class grew last year and everyone was doing mods to keep up...SU ended being the safe place for our CAM guys.Now CAM is home for them.

I guess I'm up to 15 or 16 events now. I ran 3 or 4 in 2012 plus a Solo School, and the full season except for one event (11 events) in 2013.

I won the Kansas City Region 2013 Street Modified Championship too!

Next year there are 3 of us I know of for sure planning on running the full season in CAM. I can't wait to go up against them every event (plus the rest that show up as well), should add some fun to the season.

Cujo has a mean V8 in it...and it's pretty stripped, not sure how much it weighs though. Those front tires were new for it at nationals last year and he had to take a sawzall to the front fenders in between runs to gain some extra clearance.

SAN DIEGO AUTOCROSS Sept30 Oct20 Nov18

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  275.4 KBHopefully I made enough for everyone

Warren needs all of our SDR CAM SCNAX guys to shoot him a line and make sure they are in his Database, it'll help for tracking CAM participation...

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by PRO-66 View Post
      Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  275.4 KBHopefully I made enough for everyone
      Awesome Mark!

1973 Corvette Factory Primer Car
      1969 Barracuda Convertible
      1967 Plymouth Valiant

Dan that's if your joining SCNAX Club this year.Right? It wasn't clear last year who was with SCNAX and who wasn't.So contact Warren .Remember to check the box on the entry card for your chosen CLUB.
      TART, SDAD,SCAT,SCNAX, or DCCSD ...To the new guys .You don't have to join a club.But it is the only way to score points for year end trophy and JACKET.PLus it means you want to be more involved and help out.

Quote Originally Posted by DTM Racing View Post
      Warren needs all of our SDR CAM SCNAX guys to shoot him a line and make sure they are in his Database, it'll help for tracking CAM participation...

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by soloracerSD View Post
      WE also have a 93 DB limit at 50ft from track.Some come prepared if that's a issue.I know it sucks but we have to honor our agreement with the Stadium
      So CAM is a trophy event? Im used to running at noise restricted tracks. Ill probably just be there in HSR to bid the class a final farewell and use up my A6's.

I heard yes it could ,then heard we really need to see a good turn out of CAM at our first local event first.PLus no local CAM guys have said their interested yet in the National Tour.I'm a CSP guy. I haven't done a tour in years . It's Fun to be apart of a big event!

Just got word Del Mar GG is same weekend as our NationalSOLO2 Tour ..BUMMER..I'll have to call Del Mar and tell them to delay a week... Kind of hard to compete with where it all started.Thats understood

As a reminder! We do have an event next weekend.25,26.Saturday Practice is full.Sunday is open for anyone who shows up before 11am.If you want to run in the morning. Be there at 7-7:30am.At our events you must also work the event.Easy stuff like putting cones back in place for around 45 minutes.NOTE!! On Sunday the track will be different then Saturday.All our 2 day events are that way.

We do now offer a Classic American Muscle car class.I started talking with Doug Gill about this Vintage Muscle car trend 2 years ago.I wasn't alone in that.The Indy SCCA region got a Regions offering Class in the SCCA SOLO Rule book.Plus others have added their input.Our PT guys have been asking for this for over a year.

So street legal cars with lights ,interior,Glass etc.With pretty much unlimited mods on 200 tread ware tires.The specified Minimum weight is 3000lb. WE are going with 78 and older to include all our CAM guys.

CAM will run in the afternoon.You must be at QUALCOMM Stadium by 10:30 to be signed up and prepared to run that class.Also Classes FS, ESP ,SM ,CP if you have something newer then a 78 muscle car or if you want to run on a sticky tire.

Any Questions?

TEXT 25 will help you with pricing TEXT 7 if your curious to know more about our MUSCLE Car Classes PLUS THREAD "SAN DIEGO SCCA Street Modified" has detailed info on SM and CAM

All years and models of cars allowed at our event.Entering a class is optional

I'd love to take a crack at another heavily modded SN95 like that. We're too far and between. Getting closer to the event and closer to my car being painted and ready to go. this is the last pic before I took her to my bodyshop!

BTM AutoSport
      #99 '99 Roush Stage II - CP

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 25 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com