Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by SicMonte View Post
      Dilemma......

I definately want to do the cruise and the karting........but I am just not sure if my car is capable of doing the autocross and road course. I have stock brakes all the way around and when turning right there is a mystery noise coming from the passenger door hinge/body line area. Im not sure if the sheet metal is cracking or what...freaky!! I also noticed that there are no spectators allowed at the track day...so I guess if I dont register I cant even watch??

I just dont want to buy the registration and 1) block some one else who can really "race" thier car 2) destroy my car 3) waste my time with a car that wont be able to stop...lol.

What do you all think?

Well I answered my own question.....

REGISTERED AND PAID!!!!!!!! I will be there for all three events and my g/f will participate in the cruise and the karting in her 2004 Mustang Cobra.

Thank you so much for putting this together!!!!!!!
      Douglas Lutes
      1988 Monte Carlo SS

"Never race anything you can't afford to set on fire and push off a cliff."

I'm in.... see you guys there!

Huge Thanks to Bill and everyone that made this possible!

Country Flag: Wales
      Quote Originally Posted by SicMonte View Post
      Dilemma......

I definately want to do the cruise and the karting........but I am just not sure if my car is capable of doing the autocross and road course. I have stock brakes all the way around and when turning right there is a mystery noise coming from the passenger door hinge/body line area. Im not sure if the sheet metal is cracking or what...freaky!! I also noticed that there are no spectators allowed at the track day...so I guess if I dont register I cant even watch??

I just dont want to buy the registration and 1) block some one else who can really "race" thier car 2) destroy my car 3) waste my time with a car that wont be able to stop...lol.

What do you all think?
      You have to remember that this isnt a "race". There's going to be cars of every shape/size and performance level. You can go as fast or as slow as you want, this isn't about ego's or lap times, its a chance to have a good time with like minded people safely at speeds that you cant do on a public road .
      Last edited by Bill Howell; 12-21-2010 at 07:21 PM.
      Nick Townsend
      Pro-Vintage 69 Corvette
      64 Riviera Custom - 20's, air bags
      Shell Valley Cobra
      2005 Penske Racing Dodge Charger Nextel Cup Car "Rusty's Last Round"

I'm very interested, but will have to play this one by ear as we get closer. Is there anyone coming from the Washington, DC area with a trailer? I don't trailer my car and am hesitant to get that far from home, as I usually drive to and from the track and am worried about getting stranded if I brake something.

Tim
      '65 2+2
      347 - RetroTek EFI - 471 fwhp
      JBA shorty's, 2.5" tubes, Dr Gas X-pipe
      T-5 world class 5 speed, w/ .80 OD
      9" with 3.70's & T-loc
      4 wheel disc brakes
      17" Torq-Thrust D's, 225/45 & 245/45
      TCP/Global West suspension
      OpenTracker roller spring perches
      subframe connectors, Traction Masters, Panhard bar
      TCP manual rack & pinion
      power windows & power door locks w/ keyless entry

Good Grief Charlie Brown!
      16 people have signed up today for a brand new event!
      Only 44 left guys! Thanks for your support!
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

can I add a diner at a later date? Currently signed up for cruise, diner (1) and track time. not sure on the karting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Howell View Post
      Good Grief Charlie Brown!
      16 people have signed up today for a brand new event!
      Only 44 left guys! Thanks for your support!
      We all owe the "thank you" to you Bill!!

BTW...check your email. I sent you one explaining the events I registered/paid for Kim and myself.
      Douglas Lutes
      1988 Monte Carlo SS

Just booked my hotel!! Im staying at the Motorsports Inn and Suites...and got the King Jacuzzi Suit.

Pimpin aint easy.
      Douglas Lutes
      1988 Monte Carlo SS

Are the rules for this event posted some place? I did not see them. I am interested in the tire rules.

Randy
      Please see my PT Garage for more info on ProBell Camaro. 67 style,99 comfort, options and drive-ability with NASCAR Late Model suspension front and rear.https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/vb...?do=view&g=106
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Car Domain PG
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2565383

Quote Originally Posted by lvrpool32 View Post
      You have to remember that this isnt a "race". There's going to be cars of every shape/size and performance level. You can go as fast or as slow as you want, this isn't about ego's or lap times, its a chance to have a good time with like minded people safely at speeds that you cant do on a public road .
      Thanks Douglas and Nick. I too am unsure about what my car can handle but really want to come down and just have a good time. I am unsure if my car will make the 2 hour+ drive. I plan on heading down from Northern NJ Route 3 Clifton area and hopping on the turnpike. I'm looking to see if anyone else is heading that way maybe we can get a convoy going. I plan to check out hotels and sign up tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by ProBell View Post
      Are the rules for this event posted some place? I did not see them. I am interested in the tire rules.

Randy
      Randy, no, no rules posted yet. For a loose reference, look at the RTTHs rules. All my events are similar and rules are about the same. In the case of tires and TW, ALWAYS that number is 200. Anything under 200 will still be allowed to run but not eligible for the $5 trophy or bragging rights of King of the Shore.
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Randy, no, no rules posted yet. For a loose reference, look at the RTTHs rules. All my events are similar and rules are about the same. In the case of tires and TW, ALWAYS that number is 200. Anything under 200 will still be allowed to run but not eligible for the $5 trophy or bragging rights of King of the Shore.
      Thanks Bill. I will start looking for some old street tires I can run. Thanks Randy
      Please see my PT Garage for more info on ProBell Camaro. 67 style,99 comfort, options and drive-ability with NASCAR Late Model suspension front and rear.https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/vb...?do=view&g=106
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Car Domain PG
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2565383

Country Flag: Wales
      Quote Originally Posted by singer69 View Post
      Thanks Douglas and Nick. I too am unsure about what my car can handle but really want to come down and just have a good time. I am unsure if my car will make the 2 hour+ drive. I plan on heading down from Northern NJ Route 3 Clifton area and hopping on the turnpike. I'm looking to see if anyone else is heading that way maybe we can get a convoy going. I plan to check out hotels and sign up tonight.
      We'll be heading down from Southern Ct on the Friday, probably early morning, right now its a truck/trailer and a car, so closer to the event we can work out a rest stop or something to meet up. Will be booking our hotel in the New Year.

Nick
      Nick Townsend
      Pro-Vintage 69 Corvette
      64 Riviera Custom - 20's, air bags
      Shell Valley Cobra
      2005 Penske Racing Dodge Charger Nextel Cup Car "Rusty's Last Round"

I'm in... just registered... now what to bring?? Dan
      1968 Camaro RS/SS, LS7 with Katech mods, T56 Magnum, C6Z06 Brakes
      1968 Camaro RS Convertible LS3/480hp/4L70E
      1962 Corvette 327-340hp stock
      1963 Corvette Split Window Coupe
      1967 Corvette L79 convertible
      2006 Corvette Z06
      2011 Corvette GS convertible

Quote Originally Posted by lvrpool32 View Post
      We'll be heading down from Southern Ct on the Friday, probably early morning, right now its a truck/trailer and a car, so closer to the event we can work out a rest stop or something to meet up. Will be booking our hotel in the New Year.

Nick
      I'm registered and paid. Now to get working on my suspension to be ready, I certainly won't be winning any events but I'm so excited about just having a good time and seeing some awesome cars and people. I'll be driving the Beast down. It'll be nice to get anyone heading down to hook up at different places on friday. I'll be getting on the NJ turnpike by the Meadowlands Giants/Jets stadium, North Jersey. Anyone interested in joining this convoy please let's figure it out and have a fun ride down for a great time. I will also be heading back after the event on saturday. What hotel is everybody staying at? I'm gonna wait a few days to book when I know where everyone is staying.

Which track wil we be using? They have two.
      1996 Federal Cadillac hearse
      1988 Eureka Chevy hearse

Quote Originally Posted by The Stickman View Post
      Which track wil we be using? They have two.
      Lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by gtncpa View Post
      Lighting.

Thanx, that looks like a fast course.
      1988 Eureka Chevy hearse

We rented Lightening!
      So far guys, 27 people have signed up. I know many are missing the thread and announcement here at Christmas time so I am very impressed with the response so far. I estimate we will have our 60 participants by the end of the year. Next year, after we do one event, we may up the number some, but for the first one, I want to be sure we all get as much track time as possible. I want every tired of running by the end of the day...haha
      See you guys soon!
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

We rented Lightening!
      So far guys, 27 people have signed up. I know many are missing the thread and announcement here at Christmas time so I am very impressed with the response so far. I estimate we will have our 60 participants by the end of the year. Next year, after we do one event, we may up the number some, but for the first one, I want to be sure we all get as much track time as possible. I want every tired of running by the end of the day...haha
      See you guys soon!
      Thanx so much Bill. I will probably be in, still mulling it over. Lightning looks like a great course. Actually better suited to my car I think. I might have missed it but how does the time get split up between the road course and autox? Or is that up to the participant which they want to do?
      1988 Eureka Chevy hearse

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com