Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 16 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      I have a call into a couple other vendors about co-sponsoring as well. We're headed towards this being a great event. Thanks again for putting this together Rob.

-J
      Last edited by Sales-TCI-Eng; 02-24-2012 at 08:21 AM.
      www.totalcostinvolved.com
      "Quality doesn't cost, it pays"

Thanks for all the help. This is our test event. We already have a saturday in sept set aside for a second track day this year. If all goes well, we will have a "So Cal Challenge" series next year, 2013, with 6 events, (sat or sun) points, payout, class champions, the whole deal. Lets make it a go!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RobNoLimit View Post
      Thanks for the tip, We added a space for year, make, model, on the sign up sheet. Keep 'em comin.
      Already signed up before you added that info. Do I need to re-sign up or anything?
      1967 Camaro - LM7, T56, TVS, 12.7:1
      1996 Impala SS - DD

Quote Originally Posted by LM7_67 View Post
      Already signed up before you added that info. Do I need to re-sign up or anything?
      Ha, we got your number. your good to go.

I just signed up and paid but I did not fill out car info. Must of overlooked it.
      1969 Chevelle

Thanks,
      Tom
      Tom
      1969 Chevelle

Just letting you guys know that Rob made a new thread for the event. I am working with the admin right now trying to get a "SoCal Challenge" section made.

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...enge-Track-Day

-J

Anyone going to Time Attack tonight in warm up for SoCalChallenge?
      Dannie
      2013 Chevy Camaro SS/RS/1LE, Forgeline Wheels, Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Flowmaster American Thunder Exhaust, Pedders Subframe Bushings, Ride Tech triple adjustable coilovers, Strong Arms and SwayBar.

Hey Danny,

Don with '32 is trying to make it tonight. He stoppped by the shop a little bit ago needing new axle seals and studs. He's got a long road ahead of him but he wants to get some seat time on his new tires and wheels before the 29th. If he goes then I'll stop by to be the media whore.

-J

Quote Originally Posted by Sales-TCI-Eng View Post
      Hey Danny,

Don with '32 is trying to make it tonight. He stoppped by the shop a little bit ago needing new axle seals and studs. He's got a long road ahead of him but he wants to get some seat time on his new tires and wheels before the 29th. If he goes then I'll stop by to be the media whore.

-J
      I saw Don tonight, we both ran the first session...had a good time getting to know the track a little before Thursday...my best time was 48.66 and Don's was faster at 48.25 with more consistent times in the 48's....The second session was much busier with slow cars in front of me that I caught up to....
      Dannie
      2013 Chevy Camaro SS/RS/1LE, Forgeline Wheels, Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Flowmaster American Thunder Exhaust, Pedders Subframe Bushings, Ride Tech triple adjustable coilovers, Strong Arms and SwayBar.

So I went to AMP again on Tuesday, but this time with the Miata. It was my first chance to drive my "new" car hard. I ended up running a 50.24. I'm pretty happy with that for being bone stock with 300 tw tires. For comparison, my Mustang was a tenth slower last week (though it's been quicker in the past.)

Name:  103_0603.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  261.1 KB

But more to the point, there were a couple of muscle cars out there and people who I had not spoken to before. They had apparently run Run To The Coast in March and would likely run the upcoming October event. Anyone recognize these cars?

Name:  103_0612s.JPG
Views: 281
Size:  281.5 KB
      Brett H.

1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
      1991 Mazda Miata
      2005 Ford Mustang GT

1987 Ford Mustang GT - Sold 06-29-2014
      1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera - RIP 9-17-2011
      1992 Chevrolet Corvette - Sold 10-12-2017

The El Camino belongs to a guy named Jake, and the camaro belongs to his father (whos name escapes me). They are both members here, if you go to the RTTC forum there is a thread about the El Camino.

Are you going to be out there next tuesday for the Ford vs Chevy thing?
      -James

1974 Z28 SCCA C Prepared
      1990 Firebird NASA CMC
      2005 Mustang GT SCCA F-Street (new for 2015)
      1989 Civic Si SCCA STC

Yea, I'm going to take my Mustang to that. I was going to have my cousin drive to see how much more he could get out of the car with its current tires. However, I saw on the facebook page that there are a couple of different classes for the event, one of which is 250+ treadwear. I think I'll throw my old BFG G-Force sports back on and I'll see what I can manage.
      Brett H.

1991 Mazda Miata
      2005 Ford Mustang GT

yep that was me and my dad Roy out there this past Tuesday, I think we are going to make this Tuesdays Ford vs. Chevy thing.

Didn't look like I was going to make it due to my car needing a bit of welding underneath that would have taken me a while without a car lift, big thanks to Brett at Fab53 however who cleared out his Friday night for my emergency call and got it taken care of and me on my way, its great knowing good people like that when you need a hand.

Hope to see you all Tuesday.
      Jake Rozelle
      @jakerozelle
      jakerozelle12.wix.com/jakerozelleracing

Hey Jake, what tires were you guys running last Tuesday?
      Brett H.

1991 Mazda Miata
      2005 Ford Mustang GT

I think I will try and head out on Tuesday to represent the Ford crowd one last time. I'd love to get a little deeper into the 46s with the pig (gt500), before it gets retired for the Camaro once again. Who else is going to be in the street tire class? Brett and I will be gunning for you bowtie guys

Matt

Brett,
      I was running the 300 treadwear nitto nt555 and my dad was running some 200 treadwear falkens I believe but will check when I get home tonight and let you know,
      Your car looked really fun out there Tuesday how'd you like it from a driving fun standpoint?
      Jake Rozelle
      @jakerozelle
      jakerozelle12.wix.com/jakerozelleracing

Ill be there taking pictures, don't really have the time to haul the car out there being in the middle of the workweek.
      -James

1974 Z28 SCCA C Prepared
      1990 Firebird NASA CMC
      2005 Mustang GT SCCA F-Street (new for 2015)
      1989 Civic Si SCCA STC

I hope to go. I would say a 50/50 chance for this Tuesday
      Tom
      1969 Chevelle

I think we just might have to make a trip down their for this one... I would bring a Ford.. but currently under the knife... A Chevy will have to do for this event... Looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by JakeR. View Post
      Brett,
      I was running the 300 treadwear nitto nt555 and my dad was running some 200 treadwear falkens I believe but will check when I get home tonight and let you know,
      Your car looked really fun out there Tuesday how'd you like it from a driving fun standpoint?
      It was a hoot to drive. The car really is tossable; I just got more aggressive each run with corner entry and the car just kept on sticking. The soft suspension helps it near some of the curbing and it can really bomb through the section before the back straight . . . which it needs to since it doesn't make much happen during said straight. But with the low top speed, narrow width, good brakes, and good grip, I might not even need to brake for the tire chicane. Toward the end, I was just tapping the brake to load the front end. With the Mustang, I always need to brake a bit after the start/finish line. Also, getting on the throttle is stange with the Miata. So little low end torque is available that you just need to mat it to the floor before you get to the apex. That aspect of the car is going to try to teach me bad habits.

I knew I was losing time on some of the straights, but I didn't notice or mind as much since it felt so quick in the corners. In particular, the Miata felt noticeably quicker through the banked corner and the transitions before the back straight.

Ok, I'm off to do some minimal prep to the Mustang . . . need to decide if I'm going to go through with the swap to the old BFG's.
      Brett H.

1991 Mazda Miata
      2005 Ford Mustang GT

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 16 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com