Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 28 ... LastLast
      Wellllllllll, last night was..........interesting.

A 350Z lost a wheel, Don ended up in the dirt in the '32 and we killed the tranny in the Camaro.

Sal made 5 timed laps and the tranny let go on the 5th lap. Evan was riding shotgun on all laps except for the last one.

Lap #1 = 49.09
      Lap #2 = 108.71 *flagged*
      Lap #3 = 49.10
      Lap #4 = 48.06
      Lap #5 = 51.75 (he was coasting the whole last turn and straight)

I think Sal will be back next Tuesday providing we can get the tranny fixed. It was nice to meet you Justin and it was good to see you again Paul.

Don doing some last minute adjustments(disconnecting the rear anti-sway bar)

-J

Last edited by TCI Engineering; 09-20-2010 at 11:19 AM.

"I'll even go so far and say I've never driven a better handling first-gen Camaro ever." Mary Pozzi talking about the Total Cost Involved '68 Camaro at the '09 Super Chevy Handling Challenge

Country Flag: United States
      Well yes, that was an interesting night. I hope that everything damaged is fixable. The camaro is pretty impressive, Sal did a good job for the first outing. Glad to see he made it out. I'm off to find fittings.

IT was fgeat meeting you guys from TCI as well. I had a blast on the course and hope you guys get your tranny issue resolved. If i can get my steering fixed then ill see you guys there next week.

Looks like someday when i have cash ill have to be checking out your guys' suspension products, cus i could only run a best of 51.13 on my stock style suspension.
      "What is each day but a series of conflicts between the easy way and the right way?"

69 camaro, daytona blue. LS376-495 (Hotcam LS3), TR-6060 6-speed
      Tubular control arms with coilovers

Quote Originally Posted by 69camarokid View Post
      IT was fgeat meeting you guys from TCI as well. I had a blast on the course and hope you guys get your tranny issue resolved. If i can get my steering fixed then ill see you guys there next week.

Looks like someday when i have cash ill have to be checking out your guys' suspension products, cus i could only run a best of 51.13 on my stock style suspension.

I think you've done great already. I could see some time being picked up by more negative camber and/or camber gain.

Check out the positive angle of your outside tire vs. the other two Camaros.

-J

"I'll even go so far and say I've never driven a better handling first-gen Camaro ever." Mary Pozzi talking about the Total Cost Involved '68 Camaro at the '09 Super Chevy Handling Challenge

OK guys, I'm planning to go out on tuesday the 26th, last chance before SEMA and the optima OUSCI. Let me now if your coming and I'll put your name on the sign-in list. See you there.

Went to Adams last night. While it was kind of lonely, (no other muscle), it was a great night at the track. A low car count gave us lots of runs. 6 in the first session, and 5 in the second. The truck handles great, totaly different feel. Brakes are fantastic. I ran a best of 48.06 on my last lap. For the first time I thought i could use more power. it's a whole new ballgame. here's a heads-up. Last sunday I went with a few guys down to Perris Raceway, They let us put a few cars on thier cart track. It is a .5 mi. lap, tighter than Adams, with a great 6 turn mid-section, and a cool elevation change. They are open to an autocross once a month starting in feb or march. I will keep you posted.

Tighter than adams? Sounds scary.
      Dan W
      1968 Plymouth Road Runner
      1962 Dodge Dart 440

Quote Originally Posted by RobNoLimit View Post
      Went to Adams last night. While it was kind of lonely, (no other muscle), it was a great night at the track. A low car count gave us lots of runs. 6 in the first session, and 5 in the second. The truck handles great, totaly different feel. Brakes are fantastic. I ran a best of 48.06 on my last lap. For the first time I thought i could use more power. it's a whole new ballgame. here's a heads-up. Last sunday I went with a few guys down to Perris Raceway, They let us put a few cars on thier cart track. It is a .5 mi. lap, tighter than Adams, with a great 6 turn mid-section, and a cool elevation change. They are open to an autocross once a month starting in feb or march. I will keep you posted.
      I think we'll be back out at Adam's next Tuesday with the Camaro.

That's great news about Perris, the more the merrier.

-J

ill be seeing u guys there again soon. i have school every tuesday til 10 but ill be out in a few weeks and then ill be at adams pretty much every tuesday since ill have the free time.
      cant wait to slide the camaro around some corners again.

Also, and this should make a few of you chuckle. My buddy with the 350z ( the one who lost his tire and crashed) got his car fixed and wants to come on back again. haha
      "What is each day but a series of conflicts between the easy way and the right way?"

69 camaro, daytona blue. LS376-495 (Hotcam LS3), TR-6060 6-speed
      Tubular control arms with coilovers

Quote Originally Posted by 69camarokid View Post
      ill be seeing u guys there again soon. i have school every tuesday til 10 but ill be out in a few weeks and then ill be at adams pretty much every tuesday since ill have the free time.
      cant wait to slide the camaro around some corners again.

Also, and this should make a few of you chuckle. My buddy with the 350z ( the one who lost his tire and crashed) got his car fixed and wants to come on back again. haha
      So what actually caused the wheel to come off?
      Dan W
      1962 Dodge Dart 440

With RTTC quickly approaching we are planning to make a trip out to Adam's to knock the dust off the Camaro. We might even take Licata's Falcon out there and do some testing with it as well. I'm curious how that car will do with the coil spring front end, 11" brakes, peg leg, and drums out back. LOL

-J

Quote Originally Posted by TCI Engineering View Post
      With RTTC quickly approaching we are planning to make a trip out to Adam's to knock the dust off the Camaro. We might even take Licata's Falcon out there and do some testing with it as well. I'm curious how that car will do with the coil spring front end, 11" brakes, peg leg, and drums out back. LOL

-J
      Let me know when you are going.I will try and make it up there!

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
      Let me know when you are going.I will try and make it up there!
      I'll post up what day we're going.

-J

Quote Originally Posted by rrunner68 View Post
      So what actually caused the wheel to come off?
      Usually it's lack of torquing the lug nuts. That's a big reminder to everyone that goes to this. TORQUE ALL YOUR LUG NUTS PRIOR!!
      Chris Ronson

-1967 Camaro SS
      -1966 LeMans - Project "Last Breath" (breaking ground 2017)

I went out last night. Nice prctice weather. A few new faces, our local Mustang guy (new) Had his '10 Boss out, and unfortunately may now be looking for an aftermarket front bumper/spoiler. I can tell I'm a bit rusty, but it was a fun night. See you next week, feb.8

I did a local SCCA practice this weekend. Gotta get the cobwebs out, LOL. You'll be at RTTC, right Rob?
      Dan W
      1962 Dodge Dart 440

We'll see you out there next week Rob.

-J

Ahh ,, what? .. .. ... ... .. RTTC? ... . . . . . . . . . ...HELL YES!!! See ya there!

Quote Originally Posted by RobNoLimit View Post
      Ahh ,, what? .. .. ... ... .. RTTC? ... . . . . . . . . . ...HELL YES!!! See ya there!
      @ Adam's

We're going with the Camaro and Licata's Falcon.

-J

Damn, you guys have been turning some fast times. Having a new job sucks! I've been pretty much off the grid for cars and PT.com since October. Trying to get more active again. RTTC II can reinvigerate me.

Then its back to Adam's to try and turn some faster times
      Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 28 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com