Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 105 of 121 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 115 ... LastLast
    Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 2412
      Country Flag: United States
      Have a great time, the car looks Killer!

Quote Originally Posted by turboclevor View Post
      forgive me if you said it before but which ring brothers mustang is going to be with yours?
      I beleive its the orange one they just finished
      Ron Schwarz

New paint looks good Ron, oh man those brakes, whew!...man this car just keeps getting better and better.
      1970 RS/SS350 139K on the clock:
      89 TPI motor w/ 1pc rear seal coupled to a Viper T56 via Mcleod's modular bellhousing w/ hydraulic T/O bearing from the Viper, 12 bolt rear w/ 3.73 gearing, SC&C upper control arms, factory lowers with Delalums, C5 brakes at all four corners, Front Wheels 17x8's with Sumi 255/40/17 and Rear Wheels 17x9's with Sumi 275/40/17.
      Brief description of the work done so far can be found here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112454

Car looks great Ron! Have a great time!

GM EFI Tuner
      1980 Z28 Pro-touring project - sold
      2002 Trans Am 9.41 at 143mph on pump gas and drag radials - sold

Counting the days Brett, delivered the car to the shipper Sunday. Alot of stuff I would have liked to have done, just didn't have the time, still the most finished this car has ever been.
      Ron Schwarz

what no pics? you are killing me

Unfortunately it was all so hectic, I didn't get any. For some reason I left the splitter off, once I got the car put back together it just looked cleaner without it.
      Ron Schwarz

so very excited for you!!! Have fun out there buddy and make Maryland proud!!!
      Douglas Lutes
      1988 Monte Carlo SS

"Never race anything you can't afford to set on fire and push off a cliff."

I gotta tell ya man... I was checking out the orange mustang in a new magazine that just showed up at my house the other day, and I'd take your car over that one any day of the week. No disrespect to the "other guys", they certainly can build awesome cars... but I personally like yours better.

Just say'n.

Dan
      A.K.A: That bald guy
      Find me on Facebook or my personal website.

- 67 Camaro: Current Project Car

Thanks Guys, just being in the same venue as some of these other guys, with a car that was built, engine, body, chassis, etc. in my little garage, is very humbling. Can't wait to check out all SEMA has to offer, and then once again beat the crap out of that poor Mustang. Just icing on the cake.
      Ron Schwarz

Your car looks great Ron!

Good luck at the event. I know you'll have a blast!!

The optima challenge is on the top of my bucket list also... one day...

You've got a lot of us rooting for you!!
      Ray
      FEW FRILLS, just BIG CHILLS!!!
      1972 VW Bug (427LS/T56 Magnum/9"-3.70 gears)
      18"x10-1/2" (315/30/18) Front, 18”x12" (335/30/18”) Rear
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Lady-Bug-quot

First of all, hope you and your family faired the storm. Looks pretty bad in places on the coast and I thought you said you were near it.

Second, how was it? optima of course. We expect a full debrief Ron! Looking forward to some
      Aaron
      65 Chevelle, LS1 with a T56
      Project G-Velle

What can I say, I'm exhausted. Never been to Vegas or Sema, my wife Dawn and I flew in on Sat. and did the Vegas thing which nearly took me broke. Dawn flew out Tues. and Payton King came in, and we walked until we couldn't anymore. I think we may have drank a beer or two in the evenings until we headed to Pahrump friday night.

The 90 mile ride through the desert in total darkness was a trip. No overdrive and 3.89 gears, WOW. Payton and I laughed that this was no way for 2 almost 50 year old guys to spend a Friday night.

The one thing I can't stress enough is when going to something like this, don't change anything on your car. The road course was fun but with no real time to make adjustments, I was sliding the front tires all over the place. I went off couse almost every lap, my last lap I got caught behind the camera car. I was so frustated, and I knew the lap was shot, so I took Jimi's advise ( if you can't fast be spectacular). As I passed the camera car I let it eat on the second to last turn, sliding back and forth several times, I almost lost it.

The autocross should also make the blooper reel, as usual I got lost in the forest on the first lap, I think I was the only one. What an idiot!!

I had never done the speed stop squared, but kept sliding the front tires, blowing the box. I don't think I did that bad though.

There were alot of super nice cars there, I don't think the design judges really got my car, didn't score too well. I guess the lack of interior didn't help, the car was shinier then it has ever been. I don't think I explained it too well, because Payton ragged on me for the rest of the day for not knowing how to sell it.

In all, I had a great time, met alot of cool people, saw some CRAZY stuff, and didn't break anything. A car guys dream week. I am really thankful for the opportunity to do it, and should recover in a couple days.LOL
      Ron Schwarz

Ron it was great meeting you in Vegas. It seems our OUSCI story is close to the same. I too had the camera car behind me on the last lap and did a 360, Earnhardt style, on the second to last corner. And when you got lost in that forest, I was at the starting line wondering how to get the heck out of your way.
      lol

Dan

Your car has so many fans that if the "design judges" didnt score your car well, it looks bad on them! ..and i like the no interior
      Justin Snow

The mustang is bad a$$. I loved it. Didn't get a chance to say much, but I could tell you were having a blast.

Thanks guys, I am truely not sweating it. Everybody has there own taste in cars, thats what makes the world go around.

Rob, that truck of yours is outrageous, I absolutely loved it. Really liked what you did with the Wounded Warrior project, great cause.
      Ron Schwarz

Ron it was great meeting you at ousci, loved your car. Got to check it out really well since I was pitted next to you. Gave me a few ideas for my 67 stang. I'd like somebody to explain the design/engineering thing to me, I was totally baffled when they did not want to know about the drivetrain or suspension, I didn't know what to tell them about the car after that. Anyway, had a great time.

Dale Akuszewski
      Sunbeam Tiger

Loved the Sunbeam Dale. It was a great time.
      Ron Schwarz

Country Flag: Canada
      Why do you think it was pushing so bad?
      Nascar 69 Chevelle project, 1999 Hutch Pagan Nascar chassis, 69 Chevelle body,700hp, Penske's, slicks, roadrace track day https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...le-Cup-project
      89 Iroc 406 Fitech 5 spd
      01 chevy 2500HD 4x4 8.1 Allison
      31 Scarab 2 x 454

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com