Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 54 of 121 FirstFirst ... 4 44 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 64 104 ... LastLast
    Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 2412
      Hey, who's the goof in your car?? Oh, wait...

Did a 346 ci Vette today with built engine and a procharger pushin 8#s of boost - 615rwhp/550rwtq... just to give you a reference on that dyno. Coulda got alot more out of it, but the owner didn't want to mess with the meth system, so I told him not to push it any more than that on pump gas.

GM EFI Tuner
      1980 Z28 Pro-touring project - sold
      2002 Trans Am 9.41 at 143mph on pump gas and drag radials - sold

Country Flag: United States
      I'm not suprised by the dyno numbers. The LS-7's really respond to getting the stock emissions based cam out. I just finished one too, put in forged pistons, cam and springs everything else is stock and made 638 hp at the crank and still idles at 700 rpm and enough vaccum to use a/c. Amazing engines!

What really amazes me I think, is when figure driveline loss. If you figure 20% loss, thats 717HP. If you figure 15% loss thats 675HP. Pretty amazing, way back when it took a mountain motor and nitrous to pull those kind of numbers.
      Ron Schwarz

Yeah and you couldn't seriously consider street driving it!

Can I ask what the vent tube on the car intake is for?

I've seen those on ebay.
      2005 LeMans Blue Corvette w/ T56 & Z51 & C6Z06 Brakes, Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?64496
      2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD LLY / Allison
      2014 Chevy SS LS3 / 4 Door

Just a guess but the race teams probably use that to record or measure what kind of air pressure they are seeing in the intake.

Ron do you know the specs on that cam ?
      Do you know what you're idle rpm/vacuum is ?
      What brand of dyno was that ?
      What is your exhaust system comprised of again ?

Quote Originally Posted by preston View Post
      Just a guess but the race teams probably use that to record or measure what kind of air pressure they are seeing in the intake.

Ron do you know the specs on that cam ?
      Do you know what you're idle rpm/vacuum is ?
      What brand of dyno was that ?
      What is your exhaust system comprised of again ?
      I promised Jeff Schwartz, I'd keep the cam specs secret. its around 630 lift,240's duration

Its idling around 950, I haven't checked vacuum

The dyno, I have never heard of, Dynacom? My tuner and I think it was pretty generous

Exhaust is 1 3/4 Pacesetter long tubes, about 12" of 3" pipes and homemade mufflers which exit out the quarter panels.
      Ron Schwarz

Quote Originally Posted by bonecrrusher View Post
      Can I ask what the vent tube on the car intake is for?

I've seen those on ebay.
      The air cleaner came from a Nascar team, I got it off Ebay. I beleive they use it to spray something in there in case they stall and can't get it started, but I'm not sure. I've got it plugged, it would be a pain to remove. Ron
      Ron Schwarz

Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      The air cleaner came from a Nascar team, I got it off Ebay. I beleive they use it to spray something in there in case they stall and can't get it started, but I'm not sure.
      probably a squirt of ether or something like that when the driver stalls it on pit road.
      1970 RS/SS350 139K on the clock:
      89 TPI motor w/ 1pc rear seal coupled to a Viper T56 via Mcleod's modular bellhousing w/ hydraulic T/O bearing from the Viper, 12 bolt rear w/ 3.73 gearing, SC&C upper control arms, factory lowers with Delalums, C5 brakes at all four corners, Front Wheels 17x8's with Sumi 255/40/17 and Rear Wheels 17x9's with Sumi 275/40/17.
      Brief description of the work done so far can be found here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112454

FINALLY!, got all the oil leak stopped. The oil tank which I got off Ebay,had a hairline crack in it which I could not find, only leaked when it got hot. Was hoping to have the new grill and front bumper made before Motorstate, but it looks like thats not going to happen. This is turning into the one step forward and two steps back project. Ron

Ron Schwarz

FINALLY!, got all the oil leak stopped. The oil tank which I got off Ebay,had a hairline crack in it which I could not find, only leaked when it got hot. Was hoping to have the new grill and front bumper made before Motorstate, but it looks like thats not going to happen. This is turning into the one step forward and two steps back project. Ron
      Glad you got the leak fixed! Did you find it before welding up your cheater drain?

Robert

Welded a new fitting in the bottom, and it still leaked. Then I found the tiny crack on the back side of the tank.While I had it out, I moved the return fitting to get it a little farther away from the headers. Ron
      Ron Schwarz

Man i know the frustration it's always the little thing's that ware you out.
      But when there done the fun begins!

Wish you were going to be able to bring it back to Ga. this year would love to see it again.
      David Sloan

If you’re suggesting sending men with weapons of war to take my weapons of war,then I’m fairly certain that’s what’s called an act of war… and the definition of tyranny.which coincidentally is the reason for the second amendment to begin with!

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=fun+camaro

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...lcamino-build!

Now that the mechanics seem to be working, I can look at cleaning up some of the appearance stuff. I started fiberglassing the hood back together tonight, hoping to add a little length to the back, and of course some height to the middle. Hope to have it in color by the weekend. Debating on whether to start cutting on the front nose/bumper after the hood, or wait till after Motorstate.

Ron Schwarz

You got 3 weeks till the Challenge?

I'd wait until after, are you going on the Power Tour?
      2005 LeMans Blue Corvette w/ T56 & Z51 & C6Z06 Brakes, Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?64496
      2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD LLY / Allison
      2014 Chevy SS LS3 / 4 Door

I would love to do the Power Tour, but its my companies busy season, and just can't get away. I haven't been getting home from work until late everyday, which isn't leaving much wrenching time. I'll be at Motorstate for sure, but I was hoping to have the car spruced up a bit more. It serves me right for not doing this crap over the winter, who cares, its no beauty queen anyway. Ron
      Ron Schwarz

I hope someone has a video camera at Motorstate and posts some footage. I'll bet the LS7 sounds amazing through the custom mufflers.

Made some aluminum panels to keep the road crud off the shiney new engine. Next thing you know this thing will have cup holders. Ron

Ron Schwarz

Made some aluminum panels to keep the road crud off the shiney new engine. Next thing you know this thing will have cup holders. Ron

lol, good looking part!

By the post time, your up way too early for a Saturday.

Robert

Ha Ha your one to talk about early! LOL!! ( Mr lunch time!) You know i just busten your Balls!!

Quote Originally Posted by RS_Customs View Post
      lol, good looking part!

By the post time, your up way too early for a Saturday.

Robert
      Ron thoses panels look good, Thank's for the advice on the seats i order ours yesterday.
      What do you mean you dont have a cup holder!LOL!! You think this is a race car or something.
      Last edited by David Sloan; 06-05-2010 at 06:22 AM.
      David Sloan

If you’re suggesting sending men with weapons of war to take my weapons of war,then I’m fairly certain that’s what’s called an act of war… and the definition of tyranny.which coincidentally is the reason for the second amendment to begin with!

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=fun+camaro

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...lcamino-build!

Page 54 of 121 FirstFirst ... 4 44 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 64 104 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com