Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: 2004r

2004r

Brand new trans rebuild no second gear everything is right neither manual shift or auto no second gear put in many 700 350 400 and 200 trans I think rebuild er did not connect band all other gears work fine drives fine but no second gear I have 4.10 posi so car is very drivable even spins tires during the 1/3 shift Needless to say have to get new trans shop but it still hurt losing 1500 plus installation cost

Country Flag: United States
      Take it back one time. Nobody is perfect. It could be something small. Give the guy a cgance to make it right. I know it is a pain in the posterior buy s**t happens.

Doesn't say where you are located so forgive me if English isn't your first language but punctuation would make that much easier to understand.
      If the car drives it seems like the first step would be to take it back to the shop that did the work and see what they have to say. Most places have at least a 12 month warranty.
      https://www.instagram.com/gen_v_lt1_chevelle/

Do not buy anything from Frankie's Used Auto Parts. Ever.
      Chevelle ̶a̶l̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶i̶s̶h̶e̶d̶ L92/200-4r now Gen V LT1 and T56- https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...nvertible.html

Just going to have to eat trans .They won't refund .

No refunds ,just have to eat 1500 l I loss

How did you pay? If you paid with a credit card call your Card and do a billing dispute. If they truly gave you a bad tranny you may be able to get them to refund it for you

They refused to repair the trans too?

No second gear 2004r

Quote Originally Posted by chpr1972 View Post
      They refused to repair the trans too?
      Basicly after reading about their work I don't think they can do a 2004r correctly I even offered to except 1000 back and they keep the rest ,said no .Waiting another week if credit caRd co. Comes out ok I still might give the Co.a few hundred .They did the work and it was their trans case ,it's just that someone in the Co.did it wrong.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

I think you need to OUT this excuse for a trans shop. Your call though.

Look at the 2nd servo(aluminum circle on the side of the trans). If you can push it in and see about how much clearance there is between that cover and the retaining ring(Shouldn't be much, many recommend .060"). You might pull the servo and see if you can see anything that might be wrong if the clearance is close. If it has way too much clearance you might need to add some to the apply pin to get the correct clearance and it might work then.
      Texas is the only state that could become its own country.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com