Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Tire sizing and clearance 71 Camaro

I'm hoping someone can give me an answer on what size tires would work best for my application. I bought US mag rambler wheels for my 71 camaro and was wondering if someone can help me figure out what would be proper tire sizes for my car. I bought 17 by 7s for the front and 18 by 8 for the back. I have stock brakes, leave springs in the back with all Pro touring f body gt suspension kit. The car has stock wheel wells in both front and back. Does anyone have a similar setup that can help me choose proper tire sizes. Also I'd like to buy tires that won't break the bank. I hoping someone can help out because I'm itching to see them on the car! Thanks

I've got 17x8 & 17x9s on my '73. Tire Sizes 245/45/17 & 285/40/17 - Continental Extreme Contacts. After Rebate the Tires were $592.90 shipped

TC

Quote Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
      I've got 17x8 & 17x9s on my '73. Tire Sizes 245/45/17 & 285/40/17 - Continental Extreme Contacts. After Rebate the Tires were $592.90 shipped

TC
      What is the rear width on your tires? With the leave springs I have 11 inches total clearance. My backspacing is 4.5 so I need a ture less than that

Quote Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
      What is the rear width on your tires? With the leave springs I have 11 inches total clearance. My backspacing is 4.5 so I need a ture less than that
      I'll have to measure - they are at my house.

I have a 73 Camaro with BMR upper/lower control arms and sway bar with Viking coilovers in front and the BMR torque arm in the rear with Viking coilovers. I'm running 245/40/18 in front and 275/35/19 in the rear. The front tires do rub the sway bar on full turn of the wheel. While driving I've not had a problem - car is street driven only. No problems with the rears.
      Scott
      68 Cutlass convertible 455
      73 Z28

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com