Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States

Moderate cam? Weak vacuum? M/E Wagner PCV valve

I have a moderate cam in my 68 Firebird (236 deg of int duration at 0.050) and always had weak manifold vacuum. But a few years ago, after battling with the PCV valve and experimenting with it I realized that a stock PCV valve only starts closing at high vacuum. So with my weak vacuum, what little I had was leaking away!

Of course this was a known problem and luckily I stumbled across a solution. The M/E Wagner dual adjustable PCV valve. This is not spam, just a happy customer trying to let folks know there is a good option to salvage moderate manifold vacuum before going hydro boost. I was recently reminded because I received an email from M/E Wagner describing updates to their product manual and FAQs and product support, not a spam email. Only email I've ever received from them.

Anywho, once I installed the pcv valve a few years back my problems were solved and I've forgotten all about it. I have about 12 to 14 inches of Hg and that's only after putting in the adjustable valve that will provide enough resistance to preserve that vacuum. With my dual 8" booster, and my 1" master, my brakes work great. Anyone else have it, how's it working for you?
      -Mitch
      G8 GXP, White Hot, Auto, bone stock
      68 Firebird, 428 Pontiac, CNC'd KRE Al d-ports, hyd roller, EFI, TKO600, TCI Eng complete chassis, Ridetech, Kore3 C6Z brakes, C5Z 18" with 315 rivals x4, C6zr1 mufflers
      RRR, NASA HPDE https://youtu.be/DPp1l9-FuNE

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com