Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Fuel tank set up for Regular fuel have to pull back boot on nozzle to fill tank

Wondered if I just need to replace my aftermarket tank or is there some add on or trick to allow unleaded fuel to pump?

Right now I have to hold the boot of the nozzle up in order to pump fuel and since there is no auto shutoff I really don't know when I'm full and I stop really early, or I will get gas shot all over me.

Do I just have to replace the tank again, or again is there an adaptor or other I can buy? Eventually I'll have an LS so if I need to buy something else, I would like to get something that works for my BB as well as for an LS in the future.

Thanks
      tory
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Livermore, CA
      American:
      1966 Chevelle SS "Tribute" Retro / Pro-Tour
      For Sale

It looks like the neck is a few inches short. On my skylark it extends further out into the license plate area. Maybe you could cut and extend it with a piece of fuel filler hose?

Quote Originally Posted by 65Skylark View Post
      It looks like the neck is a few inches short. On my skylark it extends further out into the license plate area. Maybe you could cut and extend it with a piece of fuel filler hose?
      that's because the frame is longer on a skylark vs a chevelle. I have heard numerous people having the same problem with some aftermarket tanks. apparently they wont auto shut off and spew gas. something with them missing a vent or it not working good enough.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com