Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Damn True View Post
      Pics and video my man!
      I just posted them in my build thread I will quote it over here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
      I just experienced the first SDR event with the CAM guys. What a great turn out. I had a blast running with the friends. The car felt great, the power steering felt great, still has feel.... The stiffer rear spring really balance the car out and the overall package was great to drive. I don't really have any other mods planned before the next SCCA event.

Here are the videos:

Pictures and results next week.
      Quoted from my build thread

And some of the pics from Sunday. https://plus.google.com/106191034810...ts/Vx8KSqZLnik

Bryce, I have a bunch more of just the Falcon that I didnt post in the collection. I still need to do post on them but i'll make sure you get un-watermarked copies of them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Munssey View Post
      And some of the pics from Sunday. https://plus.google.com/106191034810...ts/Vx8KSqZLnik

Bryce, I have a bunch more of just the Falcon that I didnt post in the collection. I still need to do post on them but i'll make sure you get un-watermarked copies of them all.

LOVE the photos of the Abarth.

Do you know the guy with the winged mustang?
      True T.

Whats new with Project 1/2-Trak?

Follow my wisecracks on Sports, Food, Politics and other BS on Twitter.

My blog

When they kick out your front door, How you gonna come?
      With your hands on your head, Or on the trigger of your gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Damn True View Post
      LOVE the photos of the Abarth.

Do you know the guy with the winged mustang?
      I know the guy. Brett. He just added 315 slicks on all 4 corners and was 7sec faster than me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
      In our region the rules read pre78 for CAM. Is that the national rule?

At the end of the weekend, we don't win ANYTHING except a great time with friends. And all the muscle cars get to run together. I was at the san diego region's first event today and had a blast with at least 10 muscle cars running CAM.

No, it is up to each Region to set the model year cut offs (if any) for their respective Region. In the KC Region we left it at just one class open to all model years.

That is fantastic that there were ten entries in CAM in your event. How many of those were regular attendees that might have been running in some other class and how many were newbies?
      Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car

I think everyone that occasionally showed up last year was there yesterday. We were still short a few cars.

SCCA is adding a class just for us!

We had a total of 12 CAM drivers in 10 CAM cars yesterday, all 1978 and older. 5 drivers in 3 cars were regulars last year, another 4 were occationally there last year, 3 were brand new this year. My 67 Valiant isnt ready, nor was another drivers 65 Stang conv, so we really arent full strengh in San Diego until March...

1973 Corvette Factory Primer Car
      1969 Barracuda Convertible
      1967 Plymouth Valiant

That's cool guys!
      Dave Dusterberg
      http://www.facebook.com/camchallengeeast
      1979 Aspen R/T (under construction soon to be #19 CAM/T)
      2002 Ram 1500 SLT
      2005 Magnum R/T
      2005 Mustang GT #19 CAM/C

Then you will have ESP and SM.We have those already.GG did a great job of bringing Autocross to thousands.I know the rules were never intended for serious competitors.It was more exhibition.Once the cars show numbers at SCCA events.It will be the competitors that will ask for more limitations and definitions.The SCCA will then make changes.Thats how it works .That's correct you think Marry?In many regions ESP ,SM will be apart of that now.
      Quote Originally Posted by mpozzi View Post
      Well said, Dave. And most regions will set a MY limit for CAM as well. I think SFR has theirs at 1978 or close.

As a start-up class for regional Solo events, CAM will work just fine. Over time and when CAM becomes so popular to gain SCCA's attention for Tours, Divisionals, and the Nationals, then the rules will need more limitations and definitions to keep things fair and equal.

Mary Pozzi

Brett was fast enough to win in SM,SU and P1.Yes ! That means he beat the Carbon Fiber SC XP Miata with the PAX indexes Also Bryce 3 trophies in CAM will be out Ohh and Not slicks ,Hoosiers there is a difference
      QUOTE=Bryce;1046645]I know the guy. Brett. He just added 315 slicks on all 4 corners and was 7sec faster than me.[/QUOTE]

CAM gives us with cars that qualify just one more class to compete in. I see this as being nothing but WIN for so many that have been class filler no-hopers in SM or CP. Once more people start competing and show their support, the rules will definitely be adjusted for a more even playing field. Your SCCA Solo Events Board handles this stuff and the committee looks at every letter and email sent their way. Discussions follow and changes usually are made after everyone looks at the proposals.

Give CAM a chance and be thankful there's one more place to play with our cars. The courses are better and more open than GoodGuys wants to do (remember, almost all entrants there do not wear helmets and the speeds are kept fairly slow as well). Also, most GoodGuys shows aren't given the real estate to allow a course for us to stretch a car's legs.

If no other conflicts happen and I'm in the SD area, I'd love to come drive with you all. The last time I was at Jack Murphy Stadium (that alone should be a clue) was in 1990.

Mary
      mpozzi . . . '73 Camaro RS, '69 Camaro SCCA/Trans-Am vintage racer, and a 1989 R7U 1LE Players Challenge car.

"STICK, you B*TCH!!!!!!"

"It's not a horse. You can't train it!! "

Mary, we would love to see you at the Q! We need someone to keep Alcala and Weishaars heads from getting too big...

1967 Plymouth Valiant

Hehehe

Every time we bring our Chevelles to a SCCA autocross we just ask to be put in a class where there are no other cars. We wouldn't want to accidentally mess someone up that is running for points.
      CAM will make it really easy for us to register and be able to have fun in our own class, hopefully with a bunch of cool muscle cars.
      Haven't been to a SCCA event in quite some time and with this new class I am really looking forward to the 2014 season.
      Chris Jacobs

Chris,
      Got room for one more in your CAM class for an ol' red car?
      Rich

'Wicked Witch'...1969 Camaro, Mast Motorsports LS-3, Magnum T-56, DSE suspension & BFG Rival-S on Forgeline wheels.
      A herd of stock #'s-matching '69 Camaros.

Some thoughts:

I'm not sure I like a model year cutoff. I've seen 1978 mentioned by several but why? What's the difference between a 1978 and a 1979-82 Camaro / Firebird? What about A/G-Body GMs? They were the same 1978 to 1988? So a '78 Monte Carlo is legal but an '86 Monte isn't? My Region's experience with CAM's prototype class (SMC) saw a mix of older and newer cars that all were pretty competitive. Allowing later cars in took back-marker STX, ESP, BP, and CP cars and allowed them to be competitive in a class. Most of our events last year, the winner of SMC wasn't known until the last set of runs. The class has 5 different winners in 7 points events. We saw everything from a 427 Cobra replica to a new 1LE Camaro. I understand the fears of the class being overrun with late model Corvettes and other new "freaks of automotive nature", wouldn't a exclusions list be better? Part of CAM's appeal is supposed to be it's openness so why bar entry to so many potential competitors for the class?

If CAM were to become a national event class, I think the only thing that would need to be more clearly defined would be what cars are eligible (again exclusion list) and some limits on aero. I think it would destroy the intent of CAM if there were limits put on suspension, engine, and driveline.

I'm thinking of offering a championship within a championship here in Indy. My working title is the CAM Cup and in addition to a Solo championship, the CAM Cup would also require competitors to participate in a couple of our Regions' road rallies and dragcrosses. Running for the CAM Cup would also give competitors points for one of Indy Region's big awards, Competitor of the Year.

Just thinking out loud......
      Dave Dusterberg
      http://www.facebook.com/camchallengeeast
      1979 Aspen R/T (under construction soon to be #19 CAM/T)
      2002 Ram 1500 SLT
      2005 Magnum R/T
      2005 Mustang GT #19 CAM/C

I think a MY cutoff IS good as this class is Classic American Muscle. Leaving it open will have this class being mostly Super Stock and F Stock cars competing with 200 treadwear tires and the ones that have cars which CAM was designed for will still be at square one.

As for the cutoff year, that will depend on what someone brings that meets the general spirit and criteria of CAM rules. Somewhere in the '80's might work.

Just an observation ...

Mary Pozzi
      mpozzi . . . '73 Camaro RS, '69 Camaro SCCA/Trans-Am vintage racer, and a 1989 R7U 1LE Players Challenge car.

"STICK, you B*TCH!!!!!!"

"It's not a horse. You can't train it!! "

We chose 1978 in San Diego as a pre-fox Mustang cutoff, after talking it over quite a bit. The one person who complained the loudest drives a 2008 Pontiac G8 with a supercharger, 580HP, independent rear suspension, ABS, and traction control. We had 10 cars in the class with none of that equipment. It seems more fun for us to run against other old cars...

1967 Plymouth Valiant

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com