Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Fresh Meat

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States

Fresh Meat

Greetings from another world.... I am new to D.F.I.....Please be gentle..!

I recently acquired an Accel-DFI-gen-7 / 8 Stack fuel injected Ford 302 SVO / W/GT40 Heads, AOD/Trans and I need advice on the install.

The engine/trans was in a '57 Ford for some time and supposedly ran quite well.

My plans are to install this combination into a 1926 Ford Tudor/Phaeton.... I never claimed to be practical...!

I plan to have Cobra Style/Hot rod side pipes. "X-Pipes or such" would be impractical, But.....?

My question is: The "Plug and Play" Accel harness provides for only one 0-2 sensor. How do you Cobra Guys/Side Pipe Exhaust cars locate said 0-2 Sensor? Now Be Nice...!

My thoughts are to install a "Cross-Over" pipe between the Headers using the "Flange" connections in this photo <http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Small-Block-Ford-289-351W-Lake-Style-Headers-Plain-Steel-Finish,7989.html> Weld a "Bung" on this pipe for the 0-2 Sensor. Will the exhaust become trapped in said cross-over and give false info to the Sensor...?

Has this been done...? did it work...? should I join the real world...? am I on the wrong forum...?

..bj..
      Last edited by 5nake01l; 12-19-2013 at 02:54 AM. Reason: additional text