Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

FS/FT 69 GTO ragtop, supercharged LQ4

For sale or possible part trade.
      My wife and I are moving into a house with a much smaller garage and I will not have the room to enjoy my hobby as much. I will entertain trades of a C5 C6 corvette, 00-02 Trans Am, 00-04 Cobra convertible, BMW M4 or M3 convertible, or show me what you have, just no projects. I will also consider a sport tour motorcycle such as a BMW K1200GT. The price is set at $28,000.00 . PM with any offers.

Overview

The car is a 1969 Pontiac GTO convertible. Let’s set the record straight from the beginning. This is NOT a restoration. This car has never been restored. It has been periodically maintained and upgraded over the years. I am the third owner and have owned the car since late 2006. The previous owner purchased the car when it was in the body shop being painted in 1981. This paint still survives today. Make no mistake, there are several flaws as one would expect with a 32 year old paint job. That being said the car was awarded a second place in class at the only GTO show I have ever entered. The bulk of the interior is original and still shows well today. I know that sections of the floor pan have been replaced. You will see evidence in the photos. Overall the car is a very good driver and presents very well. I would not hesitate to drive the car cross country. I have achieved 23 mpg at 70mph so far and the tuning has not been fully optimized. I put the car together to auto cross and drive in my free time, so far I have been very pleased with the results.

Though not in the car right now, I will also include all of the original numbers matching drive train components. It started life as a 400 2 barrel automatic transmission with open rear differential. All of the original suspension and brake components are included as well.
      Drivetrain

The current engine in the car is a 2003 LQ4 6.0 litre with a Magnacharger . 2005 4L60E transmission.
      The rear end is from a 1970 Judge. It is an 8.2 10 bolt limited slip with 3:55 gears.
      Equipment

The car is equipped with the following:
      Baer 4 wheel disc brakes.
      Power steering.
      Factory A/C. I went through the complete HVAC system spring of 2009, new condenser, receiver dryer, hoses , rebuilt all of the controls, new heater valve, restored muffler and POA valve upgraded to R134a.
      Hood tach, currently not working.
      Hurst his and hers dual gate shifter.
      Tilt column with wood wheel.
      Judge rear wing spoiler.
      Full UMI tubular control arms with roto joints.
      QA1 coil overs at all 4 corners, rear moved forward of the axle.
      Re worked oem wiring harness and PCM.
      BBK 255lph pump in a 2005 B-body tank.
      Northern LS swap aluminum radiator.
      F-body dual fans.
      Bully dog watch-dog monitor.
      AM/FM radio.
      Newly replaced power top.
      Power trunk release.
      Magnaflow 2.5” stainless exhaust.
      American AM605 chrome wheels, 17x8 front 17x9 rear.
      Dougs full length coated swap headers.
      The bad news

As I have stated this is not a restoration. The car does have its flaws. As any 44 year old car will. The most noticeable is the bubbling in the drivers quarter between the door and the rear wheel opening. I would replace both sides with patch panels. There is also a very shallow crease on the passenger side from the middle of the rear wheel arch forward almost to the door opening. It is so shallow that most people do not see it until I point it out. There is some paint cracking in the front endure bumper. The only real flaw in the interior is on the top of the rear seat at the stitching. It is beginning to separate. I am including a replacement seat back cover. The carpet is ok.
      Name:  013.jpg
Views: 2462
Size:  231.1 KBName:  69 GTO 005.jpg
Views: 2865
Size:  186.3 KBName:  100_1942.jpg
Views: 2223
Size:  152.2 KBName:  004.jpg
Views: 3129
Size:  277.0 KB

still for sale ?

Country Flag: Philippines
      Quote Originally Posted by miki355 View Post
      still for sale ?
      You do realize the original post was from 2013?

I think the person who bought this car resisted it for something like 45K-ish

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com