Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      I will be at Thompson with scda on 8/6. Let's get out there boys and girls.
      Larry Nirenberg
      ‘20 MB GLS450
      ’22 Porsche GT4
      ’62 Chevy C10

Quote Originally Posted by lnirenberg View Post
      I will be at Thompson with scda on 8/6. Let's get out there boys and girls.
      Thanks for the invite Larry but that's a work day for me and I'm all out of vacation time until September. Perhaps I'll see you at our C.A.R.T. track day on September 7th? Got some new wheels and tires (read: wider and stickier) for that special occasion. Probably won't make me a better driver but hopefully the rear end won't come around as easily as she does with the Direza Z2's!

Enjoy your SCDA day!

Gus
      Connecticut
      1971 Cutlass 442 pt tribute project WIP
      1971 Cutlass supreme convertible. RIP
      1995 Mazda MX5 Miata autocross and track day ride

Quote Originally Posted by '71cutlasluvr View Post
      Agreed! I am planning to make C.A.R.T.'s autocross at TMP July 27th. Hope to see you there!
      Attached a pic of my car at my first autox July 18th so you'll know what I'm driving. Please feel free to introduce yourself!

Attachment 99640

WHERES YOUR REAL RACE CAR

lol j/k

1967 Firebird "Poor-Boy Build"
      New updated thread
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...bird-(Updates)
      Follow me on Instagram @NaturalLivingMan

https://www.facebook.com/events/6587...ilter=upcoming

Anyone going to this?

"New England Tuners Society (NETS) and NASANE return to Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park for a trackside car show and HPDE awesomeness!

Come out and meet your fellow NETS members as you enjoy full access to all the NASANE HPDE action on track.
      Your admission to the car show gives you an ALL ACCESS PASS TO THOMPSON SPEEDWAY!

Heres how it works:

$15 admission per car to the car show, $10 per guest, and $5 per child. Each admission cost gives you an all access pass to Thompson Speedway during the HPDE and allows you to check out the track cars, watch the event trackside, and even check out the paddock and see live NASANE close up! It doesn't get any better than this.
      We will also be having another raffle where you can win some awesome prizes!
      Ratchet Head will also be grilling up some delicious BBQ food which is included in your admission cost.
      SPACE IS LIMITED FOR THIS EVENT TO ONLY 250 ALL ACCESS PASSES, SO RSVP NOW!

The event itself goes from 10 AM-2 PM but you are allowed to stay on Thompson grounds with your wristband.
      As always, we have basic ground rules for the events. Please use common sense- no car shenanigans, drugs/alcohol or loud music.

Spread the word and lets make this event HUGE! Don't miss out on an absolutely awesome experience, not in just the car show, but seeing your fellow NETS members with NASANE on track at this new local road course!

If you have any questions, please contact Ian Haan for more information."

New updated thread

Quote Originally Posted by Buryingthesun View Post
      WHERES YOUR REAL RACE CAR

lol j/k
      I'm afraid that's as good as it gets for me for the forseeable future... But "Mia" (named by my oldest daughter) is a ball to drive. You can either drive a fast car slow or a slow car fast in autocross. Right now, I'm doing the latter... When/If I finally get my 442 clone pt project done, I may give a few c5 'vettes a run for their money, but only if I can develop the proper skills.

Here's what my 442 should look like

Name:  update 6 front.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  32.8 KBName:  updated rear.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  30.3 KB

... 468 cu in, 335 rear tires, posi, about 420hp/500 lb ft to the rear wheels, etc. Handling and suspension package from Mark at SC&C. But it's a slow build, so Mia is my fun ride right now.

So what do YOU drive my friend? The '67 Poncho firebird? Cool car I always liked the firebirds more than the camaro's.....I just found your build thread... maybe I can get some ideas for mine since I am soooo far away from completion... only up to frame narrowing and mini tub installation...
      Hope to see you there the 27th.

btw: For my first autox at TMP, I placed in novice. I'm pretty sure I'm not that great of a driver, so goes to my little MX.
      And a big "Thanks" to Kevin Fitzmaurice who sold me the little screamer in the first place... All I need now is a truck and trailer (maybe even just a box trailer since my son in law has one) so I can go to events farther away and leave the race tires on all the time....

Yeah, I'll keep dreamin'.... Still paying for my daughters May wedding.

Gus
      Connecticut

That looks interesting. It's so close to my home, how can I not go?? As long as work doesn't interfere, which seems to be the case lately.

Thanks for the heads up BTS.

Gus
      Connecticut

August 23rd there is an event at TMSP if anyone wants to meet up!

New updated thread

Also 9/11 at Thompson with--
      http://www.northeasttrackdays.com/ntd/registration.html
      I have been to a few of their events and they are a nice group to drive with. I will likely be at this one
      Larry Nirenberg
      ‘20 MB GLS450
      ’22 Porsche GT4
      ’62 Chevy C10

August 23rd there is an event at TMSP if anyone wants to meet up!
      Man I'd really like to but I'm on call that weekend and can't plan a darn thing. Next time? Any events in October? I have a weeks vacation time to use up and can't think of a better way to spend some of it than at one these events.

Gus
      Connecticut

Quote Originally Posted by lnirenberg View Post
      Also 9/11 at Thompson with--
      http://www.northeasttrackdays.com/ntd/registration.html
      I have been to a few of their events and they are a nice group to drive with. I will likely be at this one
      I'm on call that week too! But I got a co worker to swap the weekend so i can make the CART track day. I checked the schedule and don't see anything posted for October. Do they run events during that month??

Gus
      Connecticut

9/17 with scda. Pic of Thompson 8/6 me in blue. Mea culpa but I got absolutely sick of trackside repairs with an older Vette plus wanted a warranty and the C7 was over a year away and several years and big $$ for a pro-touring was more than I can take. 2nd pic is of my tow vehicle so I'm not a complete Euro douchebag.
      Attached Images Attached Images    
      Larry Nirenberg
      ‘20 MB GLS450
      ’22 Porsche GT4
      ’62 Chevy C10

Nice 'Vette Larry. Good choice! Lots of power, great handling. I look forward to watching you run.

I was getting ready to request the week of sept 8th off so I can make the thursday northeasttrack day event on the 11th, but the job that kicked me out of my scheduled vacation labor day week just got pushed back a week! So I missed the 11th and now have the labor day week off!..... Sheesh. I searched but can't find any sort of track day that week. Our club has a picnic the 6th and autocross event the 7th at tmp, which I will probably attend but would really REALLY like to do a weekday event during my vaca. Timing is everything...

If anyone finds something that week in my area, please give me a heads up here.

Thanks.

Gus
      Connecticut

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com