Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Want a pup

Country Flag: United States

Want a pup

So last week my Boston Terrier was killed by a coyote, my female half English Bulldog is so so sad and lonely, I'm thinking of getting a new pup for her as a companion, I'm interested in a English Bulldog or an American Bully, the loss of my Daughters Boston was a freak accident and a terrible loss, if anyone has a line on a pup please let me know.

Thanks

RSK68
      Rick Klein

Country Flag: Canada
      i am really sorry to hear that. Losing a pup in a freak accident is the worst, it happened to my first jack russel terrier. Hope you find yourself a nice bully.

Have a look for a local rescue. I do lots of stuff with a couple rescues around my area and we are always looking for good homes. Check petfinder.com to start.
      Todd
      '14 ZL1, 6 speed and 6.2L of Super Charged Awesome!
      '67 Camaro SS in process. A long, slow, expensive trip...

How hard can it be...

Project Obsession
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ject-Obsession

been thinking of getting a pet, cat or dog, not sure. Had a c o c k stiel up till 08, she died at age 21 o she had good long life. I miss her as she was me and my dads buddy. but she had gotten cranky in her old age too.
      Been thinking of a Chow Chow, had one many years ago, she was a cool doggy. If I got a cat I would look at an Egyptian Mau. Friend had one, he was very smart, and loved attention from most people. Just a thought.
      Had been looking at rescue pets, local shelters, just havent found an animal that took to me or me too it,,yet.
      Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

1977 Chevy Monza 2+2:Project "Cheap Trick"
      1978 C10 Long bed , On air and trailer puller
      2006 Buell Blast ,Just a bike to ride and for mileage
      1966 Caprice 4dr Sports Roof fact.327/now 350/SOON 454???? Project "II Old,,,ZERO BUDGET OR LESS CAPRICE!"

Quote Originally Posted by MonzaRacer View Post
      been thinking of getting a pet, cat or dog, not sure. Had a c o c k stiel up till 08, she died at age 21 o she had good long life. I miss her as she was me and my dads buddy. but she had gotten cranky in her old age too.
      Been thinking of a Chow Chow, had one many years ago, she was a cool doggy. If I got a cat I would look at an Egyptian Mau. Friend had one, he was very smart, and loved attention from most people. Just a thought.
      Had been looking at rescue pets, local shelters, just havent found an animal that took to me or me too it,,yet.
      Love it when people use rescue so please do remember " Adopt not shop". Those poor animals from the puppy mills lead a tortured life and if you are buying from the paper or a pet store odds are its a puppy mill pet. Try here;

http://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?...tsearch=Search

Also, make sure you do your homework and you know what you are getting into with the demands of the breed. Some of the different breed require huge amounts of exercise or etcetera. A happy pet is a persons best friend especially with all the hours most of us spend in our shops. I know mine keeps me in good company.

Attachment 75976
      Todd
      '14 ZL1, 6 speed and 6.2L of Super Charged Awesome!
      '67 Camaro SS in process. A long, slow, expensive trip...

How hard can it be...

Project Obsession
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ject-Obsession

Hi All,
      I have been looking at rescue dog pups (needs to be a pup) it seems that all the pups are Chihuahua or pit bulls, neither are a good match for my female, she's an English Bulldog mix and very very dominant, thanks for the input and I will continue my rescue search.
      RSK68
      Rick Klein

I'm a big fan of adoption, I adopted a ab mix, he was 4or 5 months old and already potty trained(very very submissive still), then we just adopted a pit pup. Want to make sure he wasn't to dominant, we didn't want him bullying the other dog. So far I couldn't be happier with either.

My local Petsmart works with a rescue group and has puppies for rescue all the time. I have to keep my wife away from there when the puppies show up or we'd have 20 dogs in the house.

Our rescued Carolina Dog (American Dingo) is fantastic.

Name:  CRW_2760.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  91.3 KB
      Last edited by parsonsj; 05-13-2013 at 12:38 PM.
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

Send a shout out to Larry Callahan as his wife helps with Rescue. Our Min Pin, Ruby, was attacked by a coyote back in 2010 but survived. I've declared war on those suckers and if I see one lying by the side of the road after being hit with a car, I run over it again just to make sure ...

Mary Pozzi
      mpozzi . . . '73 Camaro RS, '69 Camaro SCCA/Trans-Am vintage racer, and a 1989 R7U 1LE Players Challenge car.

"STICK, you B*TCH!!!!!!"

"It's not a horse. You can't train it!! "

Mrs Mary pozzi you are one crazy sick woman... beers on me if your ever north of the border, hell I'll even cancel the summer snow for you

Quote Originally Posted by rsk68 View Post
      Hi All,
      I have been looking at rescue dog pups (needs to be a pup) it seems that all the pups are Chihuahua or pit bulls, neither are a good match for my female, she's an English Bulldog mix and very very dominant, thanks for the input and I will continue my rescue search.
      Sounds like Phoenix, everything at the pound is either a PBT or a chi.
      Good luck, although the chances off finding an English Bulldog puppy at a rescue is a little remote (like time I looked they were pretty expensive). Might look at some of the so called pit bulls as a lot of people can't tell the difference between a PBT and an American Bulldog and ist even harder when in the context of a rescue puppy of indeterminate breeding.
      Valerie Pichette

1988 GTA LS3 (418 stroker)/ T56 - "DragonLady GTA"

Quote Originally Posted by mpozzi View Post
      Send a shout out to Larry Callahan as his wife helps with Rescue. Our Min Pin, Ruby, was attacked by a coyote back in 2010 but survived. I've declared war on those suckers and if I see one lying by the side of the road after being hit with a car, I run over it again just to make sure ...

Mary Pozzi
      here ya go Mary:
      http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...9QEwAg&dur=313
      Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

1977 Chevy Monza 2+2:Project "Cheap Trick"
      1978 C10 Long bed , On air and trailer puller
      2006 Buell Blast ,Just a bike to ride and for mileage
      1966 Caprice 4dr Sports Roof fact.327/now 350/SOON 454???? Project "II Old,,,ZERO BUDGET OR LESS CAPRICE!"

^^^That's funny and sick, all at the same time!!! Good luck with the dog search...

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com