Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States

Enclosed Trailers - What to look for and what to avoid?

I've been looking for a decent enclosed trailer for awhile now since I have always had to borrow or rent one. I like the security of having a way home though I admire the guys who always drive (Michael Tucker!). I'm looking for an enclosed trailer because I'm going to use it to store my wife's 4 wheeler and the lawn mower to get them out of my garage so my wife can park her Tahoe back in the garage and so we can transport the mower easily since we help out the family by cutting grass for them. Then use it to bring my car out (and possibly the 4 wheeler) to ASCS events and track days.

Long story short, my wife found a 24x8 enclosed trailer that is fully finished, rubber floor, wide side door, cabinets in the front and a full width work bench for a great price because it is a brand new 2011 model year left over that was special ordered but it was hail damaged before the buyer could pick it up. I can get it for less than half the original price because the lot wants to move it quick. Is there anything I need to make sure it has or anything I need to avoid? I have never owned an enclosed trailer but I am no stranger to towing or brake controls having owned a 30ft camper for several years. I'd appreciate any opinions y'all can share!

GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com