Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Canada

327 refresh ideas needed

hey guys long time i have been absent, so i had my 327 finished but last year sold the old camel humps and full top end. i have compiled a list of parts wish i plan on using for my build. let me know what you guys think! and any changes that may or should be made. the car also has a 5 speed if that helps and posi rear.

-Edelbrock e-tec 60989
      -Edelbrock cam 2201
      -comp ultra 1.5 rockers 19001-16
      -performer rpm intake 7116( will AIR GAP give more HP, and fit under stock hood? 87 monte carlo ss?)
      -msd 6al 121-6425
      -holley ultra double pumper 650 510-0-76650bk
      -edelbrock fuel pump 1721
      -mr gasket oil pan 720-7601g (not sure how to pick a pan dont need anything crazy but i do have a 5 speed in the car if that matters?)
      -howards lifters 91164N
      -ARP kit 070-534-9701 ( i currently built it with ARP but not sure i want to reuse)
      -also not exactly sure what push rods to use or how to select them

I think it will make for a nice screamer till LS is an option

Country Flag: United States
      I recommend you take a look at the Edelbrock 22015 cam kit. It includes the 2201 cam, retrofit roller lifters and pushrods. I'm running this cam kit in my 327 and I have been very pleased with the performance. Installation is no more involved than a flat tappet cam and you don't have to go through the cam break in proceedure. You're right about it being a screamer and could possibly eliminate the need for the LS all together.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Thats what im hoping for, I need to figure out the best pulley system thats cost effective. I will only be running PS and water pump and ALT any ideas guys?

Country Flag: United States
      I switched to a long style water pump and moved the alternator to the passenger side. I'm using the March Performance serpentine system with a PS system. it is a nice drive system for a reasonable price.

http://www.marchperf.com/deluxe-sb-standard.html
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Thank you very much I will check that march setup out. So i have everything figured out for the build minus the heads... might change the 200cc e-tecs to the 170cc e-tecs unless i should switch to AFR or Dart anyone have some options for heads for this 327. any help would be great!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com