Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

seat suggestions?

I'm currently working on my 69 Camaro and have decided to replace the oem buckets. I'm looking for a nice comfy seat that I can cruise cross country in. I'm thinking about 3rd or 4th gen camaro or vette seats. Preferably something without major fab of new seat tracks ect. I know they won't bolt right up any preferences? and why?

Here is the man to call. I think his name is Jim, if you tell him your a member of this sight he'll discount it for you.
      http://www.motorsportseats.com/
      "Champagne taste on a beer pocket book."

I used Corbeau seats in my chevelle. I went from a bench seat to buckets. They even had the sliding brackets to convert it over. Very comfy, well only been in the car for the most an hour, hour and a half at a time. I'll let you know how comfy the really are after this years Power Tour!!
      John

Here is the man to call. I think his name is Jim, if you tell him your a member of this sight he'll discount it for you.
      will give him a call thanks.

I'll let you know how comfy the really are after this years Power Tour!!
      Sounds like you think like me my to do list includes
      Power Tour
      Hot august nights
      Wood ward cruise Thats just for starters.

I'm using the Scat Pro Car Rally's in mine. Just got them in and they are really nice. Not much of a weight saver, but they are lighter then the stock ones, and really match up with the interior, well on the 67 standard interior. Comfortable, and if you are somewhat of a fabricator, making brackets are a breeze. I modeled my brackets in Solidworks, and had some fellows at my job cut them on laser, and bend the tabs up. Then I powderCoated them, and saved about 50$ a piece on adapters. Just my 2cents. Oh, and summit does not charge truck freight to ship these babies. I think they list at 267 plus their standard 9.95 handling fee.
      Old blue will rise again!!!

I called Jim seriously considering the procar rally seats. How are they for allowing access to the rear seat? I don't intend to sit there but it may need to be used from time to time.

protouring that chevelle is sweet..i just picked up a 70 chevelle..not sure what kinda seats im going to go with prolly those now..i like..:-)
      Darrin Stalnecker
      1969 Camaro Convert full pt pr
      2007 Corvette Supercharged
      1968 Camaro LS1 T56
      http://www.fquick.com/dropit69

Well Mikey, I would assume the access would be fairly similar to the originals. The only thing, the seats do not fold all the way down, maybe 40-45 degrees, and they do not have an entry slide function, which means if you were to have someone enter the back, you would have to slide the seat forward yourself, and fold the seat, but I imagine that entry would be the same. I chose to put an 8-point in my car, so entry to the back is really limited. But they are really nice seats, and I wouldn't go with anything else. Price, Quality, Comfort all get two thumbs up from me!
      Old blue will rise again!!!

seats

i am using toyota celica they required welding on adapter brackets that I made out of angle iron. I just drilled holes in the angle iron and bolted them down and then set the seat on top centered it all and then tacked the tracks to the brackets then removed them and finished welding.

they are similar to racing seats they have the sid bolsters to keep you planted in you seat better.

I have also heard that the fiero seats blot right in with no fab.

fs

seats

Quote Originally Posted by mikey
      I'm currently working on my 69 Camaro and have decided to replace the oem buckets. I'm looking for a nice comfy seat that I can cruise cross country in. I'm thinking about 3rd or 4th gen camaro or vette seats. Preferably something without major fab of new seat tracks ect. I know they won't bolt right up any preferences? and why?
      4th gen t/a seats are comfy! i love em front bolts up rear needs minor bracket tweeking theyre avail in any color you want as long as its black and grey leather

i will be using convertable sebring seats they have 3 point seat belts built in the seat and work for 2 drs flip foward and so forth

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com