Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18 19 20
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by RookieRacer View Post
      Thanks to both of you. I was curious because one of your early autoX video showed lots of body roll and wallowing and later ones looked more "race car" and I was wondering how much spring/bar that took.
      Giving someone spring & sway bar rates can help ... but it can cloud the issue just as much. Assuming you have the exact same car with the same weight, ride height, motion ratios, etc. having the rates will work. But it's better to work out what will work for your car & application.

Ron and lance, what an amazing thread, (started reading Saturday and finished on Sunday) I think I learned more in the last couple of days than I have in 30 years of "amateur" suspension design. (a good example, It never even occurred to me that changing caster would have an effect on bumpsteer by moving the outer tierod location.) You've given me a lot to think about in making changes to my '94 S10 Blazer. (And making me wish I was still in the Sacramento area.)

Lance, congrats on how your Monte has turned out, from your vids the car looks like a blast to drive.

Cheers Beers n Gearz, Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Motoracer838 View Post
      Ron and lance, what an amazing thread, (started reading Saturday and finished on Sunday) I think I learned more in the last couple of days than I have in 30 years of "amateur" suspension design. (a good example, It never even occurred to me that changing caster would have an effect on bumpsteer by moving the outer tierod location.) You've given me a lot to think about in making changes to my '94 S10 Blazer. (And making me wish I was still in the Sacramento area.)

Lance, congrats on how your Monte has turned out, from your vids the car looks like a blast to drive.

Cheers Beers n Gearz, Joe

Glad you enjoyed Joe.

Since then I've probably helped 200+ clients work out their cars' geometry & suspension setups where they roll out of the garage high-grip & neutral balanced.

Best wishes with your project !

Ron, for what it's worth, the Blazer's combo is detailed here, https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...mile-high-city I don't know what it is about this truck, but I've made more than my fair share of mistakes with this project, my goal in the next round of mods is get it right this time. The truck is so much fun to drive, (handling demons aside) that it's become my 3 1/2 season driver, if the weather's decent, (it's decent here a lot.) it's the first choice.

My goals with the next phase are better street dynamics, and I'd like to try my hand at autocross and OUSCI, they are going to be here at PPIR next weekend, (I haven't raced Motocross in 5 years and I'm needing some adrenaline...) I should start a thread. Sorry for the hijack...

Joe

Glad the thread helped you out Joe, that is exactly why Ron and I documented everything we've done together here.

Good luck with the next stage with your Blazer...we are getting close to starting the next stage with Barney as well which we'll share here as well.
      Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car

Lance, it's been bit since I read through your thread, did you use the stock SS steering box or have you upgraded to something like the turn one box? I just installed my new front suspension and brakes, see project Frankenstine. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...t-Frankenstine

The difference is night and day, it still needs an alignment but it's soo much better it's like a new truck The only problem with the front now is the stock S10 steering box... (Oh and getting the ride height back) any input would be helpful...

Joe

I still run the stock SS steering box with is 12.7:1 I believe.

Others have gone to a quicker box and like them but I'm very used to this as is and have many other things I'd rather change first before the box.
      Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car

Thanks for the quick reply.

Joe

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18 19 20

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com