Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

5.3 L truck intake manifold?

hello, new here and looking for some information. I'm sure this has been discussed thousands of times but I can't seem to find what I need. I have a 67 camaro that I want to put a 5.3 or a 6.0 L truck engine into. I know I will need to change/modify the oil pan and move/replace the accessories. My question is regarding the stock truck intake manifold. Will it fit under the hood or will I need to replace it also? This car does have a L-88 style hood that should provide roughly 2 extra inches of clearance. Any help would be appreciated.

it could fit, but most folks ditch it for the car manifold. It cleans things up a lot, and is lower too.

Thanks, my thoughts are to just get it running for now and then possibly change it out down the road.

like previously mentioned, it may fit. More importantly, the accessory drive may work as well. If you change the intake you will have to change the water pump. If you change the water pump you will have to either change the accessories or alter them. You can look at my build or search over at LS1truck for info on altering the accessories to work. Takes about 20 mins to alter.

the ls1/ls6 intake and accessories are cleaner but the truck intake makes more torque and you already have it...

The truck intake breathes better and sounds a lot better. We ran back to back noise tests with the LS1 and truck intakes. If it were me and I could tuck it under the hood, I would run the truck intake.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com