Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Salinas, CA. 4.5 MI from the Corkscrew @ Laguna Seca

SBC starter fit problem.

Hi all. I bought one of the new Chevy bellhousings from Pace Performance a couple of years ago. Nice piece btw.

What I failed to notice is that it is not really ment for the 153 tooth flywheel like I have. Can't fit a stock starter "in the hole". I talked to Pace and they advise using an aftermarket high torque mini starter like the Powermaster 9600 since they do not have a "snout" on the front and it should fit. I kinda agree.

My question is, anyone have an experience like mine before? What has your experience been with these mini starters? The car is a 68 Camaro 350 SBC with a Muncie and aluminum flywheel that will be used as a weekend cruiser, auto xer and open track (hopefully).

What do you think? Thanks for all of your input. TZ

Country Flag: United States

SBC starter fit problem.

I have been running one for the last three or four years with no problems I say go for it

which bellhousing is this?
      i'd recommend a starter from a 96 Vette with the LT4.. it's a mini starter that has undergone all the oem durability testing..

Salinas, CA. 4.5 MI from the Corkscrew @ Laguna Seca
      Quote Originally Posted by novaderrik View Post
      which bellhousing is this?
      i'd recommend a starter from a 96 Vette with the LT4.. it's a mini starter that has undergone all the oem durability testing..
      It's Pace Performanc p/n OMW621, a reproduction of the "621" SB & BB 11" clutch bellhousing. Again, it's a nice unit but I have a larger flywheel. TZ

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com