Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Factory Five wants to invite you to the challenge...

Hey all Pro Touring guys and gals,

We'd like to invite you to the first Factory Five Motorsports Challenge!

When: Sunday, April 28th 2013
      Time: 12-6PM
      Where: Adams Motorsport Park Riverside, CA
      How much $60
      Registration: http://www.factoryfiveparts.com/2013...how-autocross/

We also have a car show going on Saturday in Huntington Beach on Main st which you are also welcome to join in. We even have a prize for best non-Factory Five car at the show. Dave Smith and I would love to see you both days but I've convinced him that you guys put on a great show (I've raced against some of you at Del Mar) so we want you Sunday for Sure!

We'll have some sponsors who will donate prizes and such and if you register for both days you'll get a free Tshirt.

Spoiler Alert: Mary says her car is not ready so I've commissioned her to drive mine to victory so I call dibs on that! (Mid-evil laugh)

Erik Hansen
      33Machine/Factory Five

Sounds fun! I don't suppose you will be allowing "test drives?"

I will see about bringing my Camaro out.

Matt

You never know. Ride-alongs for sure. Is anyone else interested?

SoCalChallenge is the day before on the 27th, so will see have to see if I have enough tires to run on the Sunday....
      Dannie
      2013 Chevy Camaro SS/RS/1LE, Forgeline Wheels, Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Flowmaster American Thunder Exhaust, Pedders Subframe Bushings, Ride Tech triple adjustable coilovers, Strong Arms and SwayBar.

Is there a tire treadwear requirement?

1973 Corvette Factory Primer Car
      1969 Barracuda Convertible
      1967 Plymouth Valiant

Are trucks welcome?

George Dias
      1973 Camaro
      2002 SVT Lightning
      2003 Z06 Corvette

2015 Truckin Throwdown Champion http://www.trucktrend.com/events/tru...by-ebc-brakes/

I had been eyeing this event to see if the FFR guys would get it filled up or not, but I thought it conflicted with the SoCal Challenge event (I assumed both were on Saturday.) But since this is on Sunday, the question for me is if I'll be worn out from the day before and if you wouldn't mind me showing up late, say around 1 pm.

If I do go, then the FFR guys can see how their old donor car, a fox Mustang, performs as a benchmark.

What I really want to see though is how quick Karen Salvaggio is around the AMP. I hope she brings one of her (many) quick cars with some good tires.
      Brett H.

1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
      1991 Mazda Miata
      2005 Ford Mustang GT

1987 Ford Mustang GT - Sold 06-29-2014
      1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera - RIP 9-17-2011
      1992 Chevrolet Corvette - Sold 10-12-2017

Hey guys, I forgot to subscribe to this thread! Yes all cars and trucks are welcome. I'm bummed I'll be missing Good Guys this year and miss the chance to hang out you guys again. I'll probably have Dennis bring some handouts just in case. I had no idea the SoCal challenge was the day before! bummer! You guys are welcome to show up late and we'll work you in. It will be great to have some serious pro touring guys out there and have some contrast. And there is no tire requirement but I would say ~200 as a baseline. I have yet to decide the classes but I'm sure we'll have a few different groups and then possibly an overall winner. Hope you guys can make it

Erik

Also, Karen will be there with a few of her cars so it should be exciting. Hope you guys can make it. I know it's a stretch with the SoCal challenge the day before but if you guys can make it, it would really make the event top notch. We want to see how our cars compare with the baddest pro-touring cars/trucks out there!

Thanks for the invitation to this event. Running with the FFR's is a lot of fun.

Name:  DSC02228s.JPG
Views: 193
Size:  319.0 KB

If anyone is wondering what the Factory Five people put down for lap times, one guy, TC, ran in the 44's with his old challenge coupe, and Dave Smith was in the 45's with his new Coyote powered MKIV roadster. TC was on 100 tw RA1's and Dave was running 100 tw R888's. It'd be cool to see more of these cars at SoCal Challenge and ASCS events.

(Like most special events, the chicane on the back straight was opened up REALLY wide)
      Brett H.

1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
      1991 Mazda Miata
      2005 Ford Mustang GT

1987 Ford Mustang GT - Sold 06-29-2014
      1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera - RIP 9-17-2011
      1992 Chevrolet Corvette - Sold 10-12-2017

Jensen Interceptor? Need I say more?

Quote Originally Posted by 79-TA View Post
      Thanks for the invitation to this event. Running with the FFR's is a lot of fun.

Name:  DSC02228s.JPG
Views: 193
Size:  319.0 KB

If anyone is wondering what the Factory Five people put down for lap times, one guy, TC, ran in the 44's with his old challenge coupe, and Dave Smith was in the 45's with his new Coyote powered MKIV roadster. TC was on 100 tw RA1's and Dave was running 100 tw R888's. It'd be cool to see more of these cars at SoCal Challenge and ASCS events.

(Like most special events, the chicane on the back straight was opened up REALLY wide)
      Thanks for coming out! It was hot but we had a great time. Even the Jensen guy.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com