Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

First gen Camaro brake line routing diagram or photos

Hello -

I am very close completing my front disc conversion from Inlinetube. I am attempting to connect the front hard lines to the caliper hose, however, they are 1-2 inches from lining up properly at the connection point.

Is there a resource I can reference how the lines should be placed and connected? I took a look at a friend's original 1969 Z28 Camaro, but his routing is not the same as the lines that are included in my kit. (his hardline - flex line connection is made on top of the subframe, my lines seem to indicate the connection will be on the side of the subframe).

I attempted to call inlinetube, but the only advice I can get out of them is that their kit follows a stock set up. However they do not include photos or instructions. I seem to be on my own on how to install their product.

Other than wait for the next local car show, I could re-bend and re-flare the lines, but at this point I am assuming I am simply not installing them properly.

Country Flag: United States

First gen Camaro brake line routing diagram or photos

Post a photo of how you ran yours. I used inline tube SS lines and had no problems. Manual or Power brakes?

Does any of this seem out of place or incorrect? I also have a couple of line clips left over from when I removed them, but no bolts. If there is a routing issue, I'm assuming its centering around the silver bracket.

I am running power brakes.
      Attached Images Attached Images          

Country Flag: United States
      I had a similar issue with mine. Redo the brackets- it will be easier. Lines look close enough to bend into shape by hand. The rock guard will help prevent kinking, but be careful

After talking more with inlinetube, I am going to grab a tube bender and hopefully get these lined up and full of brake fluid this weekend.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com