Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
      Brett, Looks like you are going to make it in with your points unless something really changes at the last few events. This Finals Shootout is going to be great to watch and be part of for all the participants. I have heard of a few guys that are just coming to try for the last four spots that will make things interesting and may throw a wrench in the guys you are looking at for your top six. I was told by Kyle Tucker that he will not be able to run as the Baja is that same weekend and he may get a ride in that.

Going to get real exciting....
      Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Goodguy Ed View Post
      Brett, Looks like you are going to make it in with your points unless something really changes at the last few events. This Finals Shootout is going to be great to watch and be part of for all the participants. I have heard of a few guys that are just coming to try for the last four spots that will make things interesting and may throw a wrench in the guys you are looking at for your top six. I was told by Kyle Tucker that he will not be able to run as the Baja is that same weekend and he may get a ride in that.

Going to get real exciting....
      Ed
      ...champion for 1 freaking year and I have to take a provisional...:(
      Whatever...just like in high school...I'll take it however I can get it

At the VERY least...I'll be there to watch Tom McBride run the 48 Hour Camaro [qualified at Nashville]! My luck would be to get in on points, draw Tom the first round, and get beat!

or like Ed said...there may be players show up to get the last 4 spots and ALL the regulars go home early.

Fun cubed.
      Bret Voelkel
      Director of Innovation Fox Powered Vehicles Group
      Founder/ Former Owner
      RideTech/Air Ride Technologies, Inc.

How do you spell Impossible?

Country Flag: United States
      Indy is your home town. Go OWN it. That would put a new twist on things

Rob,
      Bret should go out and OWN it at Indy....I think Josh Lesinger has a new deal he is putting together also and bringing it to Indy, could be that he gets in with fast time which then takes him out of the top nine in PRO points.

You're also going to see DSE there in force making sure they get to be part of the Finals...
      Hey however you get in, just make sure you're part of the show.....
      Goodguy Ed

OK we finally had a chance to go back through the tech cards to make sure when we are on the road we did not make any mistakes on the points. And we did.....sorry.
      Here is the OFFICIAL Points as of right now before the last three events.

PRO Name Points Finals
      PRO Rob MacGregor 63.5 IN
      PRO Roger Burman 49.5 IN
      PRO Mike Maier 43
      PRO Kyle Tucker-Detroit Speed 38
      PRO Josh Leisinger 31
      PRO Bret Voelkel-RideTech 29
      PRO Stacy Tucker-Detroit Speed 21
      PRO Brian Hobaugh 19 IN
      PRO Brett Campbell 18
      PRO Brian Finch 17 IN
      PRO Chris Smith 16
      PRO Tim McGilton - JetHot 14
      PRO Jimi Day - optima 12
      PRO Mary Pozzi 11 IN
      PRO Kevin Miller 11 IN
      PRO Jeff Schwartz 11
      PRO Ryan Mathews - Detroit Speed 11
      PRO Deb McGilton - JetHot 11
      PRO Jason Brady-Ridetech 9
      PRO Britt Marolf-RideTech 9
      PRO Greg Thrumond 7
      PRO Cheryl Herrick - Jet-Hot 7
      PRO Larry Woo 7 IN
      PRO James Crosby-RideTech 4
      PRO Matt Buts - Detroit Speed 4
      PRO Tom McBride 2 IN
      PRO Aaron Leeper 0
      PRO Bob Boileau 0
      PRO Craig Johnson 0
      PRO Dan Ault 0
      PRO David Wheeler 0
      PRO Don Chemello 0
      PRO George Dias 0
      PRO Kurt Janish 0
      PRO Lee Thompson 0
      PRO Mike Hickman 0
      PRO Wayne Milelzeik 0
      PRO Bob Cross 0
      PRO Tom Colby 0
      PRO Chris Jacobs 0
      PRO Tyler Gibson 0
      PRO Justin Dermody 0
      PRO Dany Popp 0
      PRO JB Granger 0
      PRO Todd Holdren 0

Finals Brian Hobaugh 65 Chevy Corvette S-AZ
      Finals Roger Burman 70 Chevy Camaro S-TX
      Finals Mary Pozzi 72 Chevy Camaro Del Mar
      Finals Tom McBride 68 Chevy Camaro Nashville
      Finals Rob MacGregor 69 Chevy C-10 Colorado
      Finals Larry Woo 68 Chevy Camaro Mass
      Finals Kevin Miller 69 Chevy Camaro Des M.
      Finals Brian Finch 70 Chevy Camaro Columbus

If you come to an event as a PRO and do not make the top ten you still get one point and we forgot to do this for some. Also at one event Stacy Tucker got Kyle Tucker points so this has all been corrected.
      With all that is up for grabs these points mean more now than ever and that is why we checked them again.
      Good Luck at the last few events.
      Remember the top nine in points that are not already in will get the invite....
      Ed

This is getting exciting. Those last 4 spots are going to be hard to squeeze into. I'm still trying to decide what car I'm going to bring between the Road Runner, Challenger and the Mustang!

Quote Originally Posted by DTM Racing View Post
      This is getting exciting. Those last 4 spots are going to be hard to squeeze into. I'm still trying to decide what car I'm going to bring between the Road Runner, Challenger and the Mustang!
      I don't know about you but Im bringing a bazooka to this gun fight

You might want to bring all of them to better you're chances with the guys that are going to be gunning for those last four spots!!!! Just saying!

I will be putting on the schedule for the Finals Weekend up soon so you all know how it will work.

Goodguys Ed

OK here is the schedule for the Finals Weekend. If you have any questions please e-mail me. [email protected]

Goodguys AutoCross Finals Shootout 2013 Presented by BFGoodrich Tires

Friday November 15th.
      9:00 am practice and runs to get fast times of the day. Break for lunch from noon to 1:00pm. Continue runs for fast time and practice until 4:00pm.
      (This will be all participants and the cars already in the finals for practice)
      At 4:15pm we will announce the top ten fast times that will be in the run off on Saturday Morning.

Saturday November 16th.
      8:30 am Drivers meeting....
      9:00 am we will have the ten last chance participants run two laps to get their fastest time to win one of the four remaining spots for the finals. (If time remains we will let the 20 cars in the finals run a practice run before 11:00am)
      Once the top four are decided the 24 car field will be ready to qualify.
      11:00 am we will start the first two rounds of qualifying, each of the 24 cars will get two runs before lunch and two runs after lunch. (lunch will be from noon to 1:00 pm)This will set the 24 car ladder for the finals.
      2:30 pm we will start the eliminations. The #24 qualifier will start and work our way up to the #1 qualifier, always starting from the bottom of the ladder. (If you do not make it to the starting line with-in two minute of your time to run you will be disqualified and we will not go out of order or skip a group). At the end of round 3 we will have our top three moving forward to round 4 and three participants that will run a mini shootout for the fourth position since at that point they would not of raced against each other. This will decide the fourth place winner.
      Round four and five will be run right after the fourth place winner is decided.
      By 5:00 PM we should have the 2013 AutoCrosser of the Year and the winner of the Finals Shootout.

Sunday November 17th.
      All American Sunday Late model AutoCross from 8:00 am to noon.

All of the 24 participants will be required to run the Goodguys AutoCross Finals Decal for the full event and in the winner’s circle.

There will be NO passengers on Saturday of the event for the Autocross.
      All Goodguys AutoCross rules will be enforced for the event.
      Helmets are NOT required for Goodguys AutoCross.
      All times subject to change.

Here is the ladder we will be using for the finals.

As you can see there will be a mini ladder for the fouth place spot. (R3 Losers)

Hope this helps with planning your event weekend, this is going to be great!!!!!

Goodguy Ed
      Last edited by Goodguy Ed; 08-09-2013 at 01:38 PM.

We are planning to attend, watch the big show on Saturday and run the truck on Sunday.

George Dias
      1973 Camaro
      2002 SVT Lightning
      2003 Z06 Corvette

2015 Truckin Throwdown Champion http://www.trucktrend.com/events/tru...by-ebc-brakes/

Thanks for the updates and corrections Ed. Looking forward to a great event. Still a lot of fast guys not in it. Looks like the points cut off will be around 24 or so. Some fast guys with 0 points could be tough. Danny Popp needs a win in Indy or Charlotte, Yancy Johns could be a surprise in Charlotte or Texas, Brett Campbell is set to go to Texas, Rodney Prouty's puttin in OT to be in Scottsdale. Thanks Goodguys for making this so much fun.

Rob, No problem...We are making this exciting..
      Did you get the e-mail I sent Tina?

I have been flooded with e-mails about the final four spots and how crazy Friday is going to be. Goodguys will be running as many runs and may even run late on Friday to give as many runs as possible. With so many guys traveling a long ways for the four spots we will do our best to give them as many chances as we can.
      I have also been told by a few guys that they will be coming to Pleasanton if they do not make optima to practice for AZ. Could shake up the points at the very end....
      Goodguy Ed

Goodguys AutoCross Finals Shootout over $10,000.00 to win

Looks like I might have a chance to make it in now

Jason Brady
      www.ridetech.com 812-482-2932

The Guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot. The guy who invented the other three was a genius.

Vintage Vettes Face off at Goodguys Finals Shootout
      Scottsdale, AZ - Back in 1970s and 80s SCCA and NCCC AutoCross competition, the families of Ohio’s Herb Popp and California’s Steve Hobaugh lived thousands of miles apart but traveled similar paths. Both ran vintage Corvette’s, both were fast and both were always at the top of the field in Solo competition. Between them, they won a bunch of division and regional titles. Always at their sides were their young sons Brian (Hobaugh) and Danny (Popp).

The cars (Hobaugh’s red ’65 ‘Vette and Popp’s blue ’72) were eventually mothballed as both families pursued newer AutoCross machinery and other interests. As the decades went by, those two young boys who grew up spending their weekends in cone-strewn parking lots honed their fathers’ bygone craft becoming AutoCross titans in their own right. As interest in vintage Muscle Cars and Pro-Touring machines heightened in the new millennium along with the emergence of the Goodguys AutoCross program, both Popp and Hobaugh remade their father’s machines into modern day menaces.

Both Corvettes were unearthed from their respective garages. Suspensions were updated, motors tuned and freshened and paint was rubbed out as the two second generation hot shoes sought to continue the family legacy in original iron, or in this case, fiberglass.

On November 16th atop a smooth parking lot at Westworld in Scottsdale, Arizona, the original Hobaugh and Popp family Corvettes will lock horns for the first time in nearly 20 years, going toe to toe as they seek to beat out a national field of the country’s quickest Muscle Cars.

The occasion? The 1st annual Goodguys AutoCross Finals Shootout. The Shootout’s 24-car field is deep and contentious, featuring the quickest cars from every Goodguys National AutoCross event of the year, plus the 9-quickest PRO class drivers.

“He and I are friends,” Danny Popp said of his cross-country Corvette rival Brian Hobaugh. “It’s a special thing that our two Corvettes are getting back together after nearly 20 years. He and I have been doing this for a long time. We’re both fierce competitors.” In their one and only head to head meeting in their father’s Corvettes (during the SCCA Solo National Championships event in 1996), Popp was fortunate enough to come out on top with Hobaugh finishing a close second.

The Goodguys Shootout field is full of hard chargers. Popp admitted both he and Hobaugh will have their hands more than full. “This event is going to be a full-on dogfight, one the fans won’t soon forget” he said. “You’ve got 11-time SCCA Solo Champion Mary Pozzi and 6-time Champion Mike Maier who also raced midgets. Then you’ve got all these Goodguys Champions – guys like Brett Voekel of ridetech, Rob McGregor of No Limit Engineering , Ryan Matthews of Detroit Speed along event winners and fast guys like Larry Woo and so many others. Collectively between Mary Pozzi, Mike Maier, Brian Hobaugh and myself, there are nearly 25 SCCA Solo National Championships. It’s going to be the biggest AutoCross Shootout I can remember.”

The action gets started Friday, November 15th as practice runs commence for the entire field. Four slots in the 24-car field will be available for competitors to race their way into Saturday’s Shootout. Goodguys will pay the top four finishers in the ‘Shootout with $3000.00 going to the winner, $1250.00 going to the runner-up, $500.00 going to 3rd place and $250.00 going to 4th place. The winner will also receive a customized Snap-on Tool Box (Valued at $7000.00), a gorgeous billet aluminum trophy as well as being named one of the year-end Goodguys Terrific Twelve award winners. BF Goodrich will also hand out gift certificates for a set of new tires to the top four finishers.

The Goodguys AutoCross Finals Shootout starts Saturday, November 16th @ 9am. For a complete list of entrants, event rules and schedule, click here: https://www.good-guys.com/autocross-finals

Hope you can come and see this exciting event.
      Goodguy Ed
      Last edited by Goodguy Ed; 10-17-2013 at 06:37 AM.

GREAT STORY!!! Going to have to settle for the live feed though.
      Chris

Total Cost Involved - Ridetech - Fatman - Total Control Products - Gateway Performance - MaverickMan Carbon

This promises to be a great event with some amazing driving, and wicked fast cars and trucks. Will the Corvettes be able to hold off all of the other cars? Is Rob going to sneak off with the trophy in the back of his truck?? Is someone going to come out of nowhere and surprise everyone at the end? I can't wait to find out!!

Just noticed Mike Maier just upgraded to 315's on all 4 corners and the Roush should be back in. Uh-Oh! Is a Ford going to spoil the party?
      Chris

Total Cost Involved - Ridetech - Fatman - Total Control Products - Gateway Performance - MaverickMan Carbon

Looks like the field should be close to being set...

Quote Originally Posted by Smittys View Post
      Looks like the field should be close to being set...
      Pleasanton could be the wild card that could shake up the bottom of the points. With Sema and Ousci not many will be able to make that event, so it might make things interesting.

It will be interesting to see who runs in Pleasanton. Me and Deb are in we can't be caught.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com