Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

1967 camaro RS grill / headlight installation

Hey guys,
      I've tired researching and have not been able to find anything. I am trying to mock in the headlights, bezels, grill, and upper and lower mouldings in my 67 camaro. Everything in the front end is aftermarket and I'm having a hard time making everything fit. If you have any suggestions or pictures of the pieces going in, it would be great. The motors are DSE and everything else I bought from Matt at MCB. All ofthe sheet metal is from NPD. Any picture would be great. Thanks guys!
      1967 Camaro RS/SS - Project "Skunkworks" in Progress...

Factory assembly manual shows how to assemble the front RS grill. I'm sure you can find the diagrams you need online from the manual. Otherwise, we are going to need to know exactly what you are having problems with? I will say, if you have repop fenders, header and valance, then the grill opening is probably not large enough as the repop stuff is usually off in this area.

Country Flag: Canada
      Question for you;

Did you buy one of the kits to transform a non-RS model into a hide-away headlight RS model?

I know they sell the kit at Classic Industries but as mentioned the RS had a few differences that make it a bit tougher to transfer RS parts to a regular Camaro. Eg. I believe the fender tabs are missing on non-RS cars so there isn't anything to bolt the H/L doors too.

see link;
      http://www.classicindustries.com/cam...ts/*r5045.html
      Last edited by Todd in Vancouver; 02-19-2013 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Add web link
      Todd
      '14 ZL1, 6 speed and 6.2L of Super Charged Awesome!
      '67 Camaro SS in process. A long, slow, expensive trip...

How hard can it be...

Project Obsession
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ject-Obsession

The car is an original RS/SS, but I had to replace all the metal on the front. All the parts I replaced were with RS specific replacements. It's not a conversion, but I am having to rebuild it back from scratch so in a way its like that. Pictures of the gaps around the front end, or how the headlight housings sit in relation to the swing arm would be nice. I'm looking at them in the car and can't see how its going to clearance the inner fenders. I tried to make sure that I bought parts from who I felt were reputable dealers to help with fitment issues, but this junk is crazy!

https://www.google.com/search?q=67+R...N4mmqgGa0ID4Bw

Did the google search. Did not find specifically what I'm looking for, hence the post. I'm looking specifically for the relationship between the buckets and swing arm and the inner fenders. I'm also looking for how far out the upper and lower trim pieces stick out towards the front of the car.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com