Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Are there any vendors who can Water Jet or Laser Cut DSE Mini Tub Filler Pieces?

Just like the title says, are there any vendors who can/will water jet or laser cut the filler pieces required to install the DSE tubs? I have access to a plasma cutter so I may end up doing it myself but I just thought I'd ask just in case the price is right.

Thanks in Advance!

GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

I found, when doing my tubs, the templates weren't completely accurate to my car. Each car will vary as well as it also depends on where you make your cuts to the size of the templates. Once you get the old tubs cut out and ready to install the new tub, make templates then. I used 11 gauge sheet and cut them out with a plasma. My car was a 67, too, so that changed things with my install because the supplied templates were for the 68-9 models.

Thanks - I think it's best to delay the tub install. The more I think about it the more I think it's just not doable with what I have to work with along with the time frame I need to complete the installation. I appreciate your input!
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

GeoffP,

Chris Alston Chassisworks has the close out pieces for $99.00

https://www.cachassisworks.com/p-181...heel-tubs.aspx

maybee those will work with the DSE tubs

John

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffP View Post
      Just like the title says, are there any vendors who can/will water jet or laser cut the filler pieces required to install the DSE tubs? I have access to a plasma cutter so I may end up doing it myself but I just thought I'd ask just in case the price is right.

Thanks in Advance!
      You can do it yourself. I did it for $20 bucks for the steel and a port a band saw, 4" piece of pipe and a hammer

Quote Originally Posted by Vortech404 View Post
      GeoffP,

Chris Alston Chassisworks has the close out pieces for $99.00

https://www.cachassisworks.com/p-181...heel-tubs.aspx

maybee those will work with the DSE tubs

John
      If you are scared to do it yourself this doesn't seem to bad for the steel.
      Guy S.

68 Camaro LS1, T56, Forgeline WC3
      69 El Camino BBC 4spd A/C Cruise SOLD
      2012 Dodge Crewcab Diesel 4x4

I used the round part of a motor stand to shape the frame piece. Worked perfect

That's a great suggestion - I will definitely have to remember that! Guys I decided to delay the tub install until after this season since I've got some other stuff that has to be done before DSE's event in April. Thanks for the suggestions!!
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com